Transponders - MRT mPTX and Speedhive >

Transponders - MRT mPTX and Speedhive

Transponders - MRT mPTX and Speedhive

Old 03-24-2019, 01:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Transponders - MRT mPTX and Speedhive

Hi there,

I'm looking to get a few more transponders and thinking about the MRT mPTX due to price and replaceable wires.

What I want to do is the following, so I was wondering if anybody else who owns these could give some advice.

My conditions:
1) I currently own 2 AMB RC4 transponders, one 2-wire and one 3-wire. I plan to get 3 more MRT mPTXs.

2) Theres an AMB system that is constantly on at our track, but we need to view times on the Speedhive app as theres no monitor except on racedays.

My questions:
1) Will the MRT transponders register on the Speedhive website/app? If so, will it be a unique ID for each car I have (e.g. AMB1, AMB2, MRT1, MRT2, MRT3), or will it be the same number as the AMB transponders I have (e.g. AMB1, AMB2, AMB1, AMB1, AMB1)?

Basically I want to be able to view times on Speedhive with the MRTs and be able to distinguish between cars I own. Racing is not an issue as I rarely run more than 2 classes, which I would use my 2 AMBs on those days.

I hope this is not too confusing, I tried emailing MRT but no response yet.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-24-2019, 03:28 AM
Tech Champion

I believe the last digit of a RC4 transponder is the car number, if you order a new RC4 transponder with the same ID you can set the car number.

https://help.mylaps.com/s/article/Wh...language=en_US

So if MRT can clone your RC4 transponder they should be able to set that ID number, otherwise they just clone your number.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

First you need to make sure which version of the AMB decoder your club is using... AMB 4.4 and older will work with MRT just fine, if they are running AMB 4.5 or newer then MRT won't work.

You have the option to order all your MRT's to be cloned to the same number, or you can have each one unique, if you don't specify what you want and randomly order them, then there is no guarantee that each MRT will be unique.