Savox SC0251mg + Futaba 4pl= outrageous noise >

Savox SC0251mg + Futaba 4pl= outrageous noise

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1/8 IC Fan

Savox SC0251mg + Futaba 4pl= outrageous noise

Old 03-20-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Savox SC0251mg + Futaba 4pl= outrageous noise

Hey guys I installed a Savox SC0251mg into my Losi 8ight nitro last night for throttle and as soon as I plugged it in it started buzzing like crazy, before I connected the throttle rod to the servo arm. I plugged in a glitch buster and it did seem to help some but it still buzzes for 5-10 seconds after finding center. I've been told that the noise is nothing to worry about but jeez its loud and annoying. Is this just something I'll have to deal with or is there anything that can be done to quieten it? Transmitter is a Futaba 4pl with a R2104GF S-FHSS receiver.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Its a Savox, they are usually quite noisy from the get go.
billdelong likes this.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

The control loop is tuned for a load. You have no load so it is under damped and this causes the motor to over correct over and over again.
I have control over the control loop in my servo and I can adjust how it compensates for different loads. It will be the most responsive when its loaded if it oscillates when it is unloaded. In fact mine are adjust so hot that if you pick the car up off the ground its starts to oscillate. I think if you put the car together and it stops oscillating you are doing pretty good but if you put it together and it still vibrates put some tires on it and set it on the ground. If it still oscillates you have a problem.

a word of advice. I dont think all servos have over temp protection and oscilation heats the motor quickly. Even if the servo is not over temped but is hot it wont be as torquey as a cool motor which means it wont be as fast.

Last edited by Bry195; 03-20-2019 at 08:36 PM.