Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
SkyRC TS50 ESC calibration >

SkyRC TS50 ESC calibration

SkyRC TS50 ESC calibration

Old 03-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SkyRC TS50 ESC calibration

I am having trouble getting my new SkyRC TS50 ESC to enter the calibration mode. It states in the manual to hold the power switch until it beeps once then 3 more beeps and a red LED.

I hold the power switch witch and I get one beep (which is a different tone and duration than the standard turn-on beep), but Iíve held the button for even a full minute and never hear the 3 beeps to signify it is in calibration more for the throttle trigger. As soon as I let off the button the LED goes green and I have no power to the motor. The steering servo works fine and the radio works on my other cars.

Any ideas? Can the programming module be used to rectify? Maybe a firmware update or could it be a hardware problem with the ESC? Just curious if anyone else has experienced this or maybe I missed something before I contact RCJuice.

I thought i saw a thread for the G Force version last week, but I canít seem to find it now.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

I tried several models of the SkyRC ESC's years ago and they gave me nothing but problems, you couldn't pay me to touch another ESC from SkyRC, I have had good luck with many other SkyRC products, but I don't care for their ESC's. If it were me, I'd cut my losses and invest in a higher quality brand like HobbyWing, they stand behind the products they sell with a solid warranty and will offer close to 50% discount to replace any products that might fail outside warranty.

If you're lucky, maybe RCJuice might take the ESC back for a store credit, but I have my doubts... hopefully they wise up and switch to a more reliable budget brand ESC like GoolRC or X-Car.