Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
icharger 406duo vs 308duo >

icharger 406duo vs 308duo

icharger 406duo vs 308duo

Old 03-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by {tpc} View Post
It doesn't only have a regenerative mode though, but maybe you weren't saying that. It does have internals that allow a discharge.
Oh for sure. I think just about every charger has some sort of internal discharge mode. Even my 50 Watt Thunder AC (which isn't very thunderous) has some internal discharge. I was just mentioning the higher power discharge modes now available. Personally, I rarely every use discharge. I bought some big, 1 ohm 225W power resistors for the discharge+ mode for my i306b and I have not used them in years. I mostly fly planes but have been dabbling with cars. Typically I just try to run my batteries down with normal use and then bring them back up to storage level at the end of the session.

I think the high power discharge is mostly of interest here for those that are trying for that lower IR edge. I am not even sure how real that is as I have not tried hard-cycling batteries and looked for an IR change. I know for sure that if you heat up wires, the resistance goes up, not down.