Community
Wiki Posts
Search

maclan max pico 100a esc problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 10:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Default maclan max pico 100a esc problems

about 2 months ago i bought a maclan 100a esc with a maclan team edition v2 21.5 motor for stock touring class. my first 2 club meets were pretty good no problems all day, at my next club race
during a race my esc would just stop working,still had steering but no throttle,the code that was showing was telling me power on but no reciever signal. ive had people
tell me it was my radio, spektrum dx3c with sr415 reciever, but i think its the esc only because i changed everything from servo,reciever and even put in an old tekin rs esc
to see if i could eliminate the problem. yesterdays club race was going pretty food, my first 2 qualifiers it ran awesome but then in the 3rd qualifier it 6 laps in it stopped working
again but this time i had no steering and no throttle. so before my b main race i rebooted the software 3.1 and recalibrated my radio. during my b main race it stopped working again
this time i looked for a code on the esc but only saw 1 red solid led on? im lost to what the problem could be so hopefully someone could help me out!!
sorry for the long post but the more info i could give could help you guys figure whats wrong.
thanks eric
Old 02-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muddslinger
about 2 months ago i bought a maclan 100a esc with a maclan team edition v2 21.5 motor for stock touring class. my first 2 club meets were pretty good no problems all day, at my next club race
during a race my esc would just stop working,still had steering but no throttle,the code that was showing was telling me power on but no reciever signal. ive had people
tell me it was my radio, spektrum dx3c with sr415 reciever, but i think its the esc only because i changed everything from servo,reciever and even put in an old tekin rs esc
to see if i could eliminate the problem. yesterdays club race was going pretty food, my first 2 qualifiers it ran awesome but then in the 3rd qualifier it 6 laps in it stopped working
again but this time i had no steering and no throttle. so before my b main race i rebooted the software 3.1 and recalibrated my radio. during my b main race it stopped working again
this time i looked for a code on the esc but only saw 1 red solid led on? im lost to what the problem could be so hopefully someone could help me out!!
sorry for the long post but the more info i could give could help you guys figure whats wrong.
thanks eric
Bummer with your speedo. possibly time to exercise your warranty and send it in for service.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks trigger! just hoping theres something im missing before i send it off
Old 02-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

you can try to re-flash the software, that will often fix the solid red light error. You can download the android app and update it through there or the PC app from the website (moderators don't like us to list the websites on here).
Old 02-18-2019, 01:50 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks nikos! i have the android app and reflashed the software before the b main and still happened.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muddslinger
thanks nikos! i have the android app and reflashed the software before the b main and still happened.
I would send it in. I had a similar issue with one of my piccos and was told to send it in for repair which I never did but it would be a good idea if you want to keep it.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks ebbtide! already submitted just waiting for an email with my rma.