Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Justock 60a LEDs question >

Justock 60a LEDs question

Justock 60a LEDs question

Old 02-10-2019, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Justock 60a LEDs question

Just got my car up and running and noticed something weird with the ESC.

By default the ESC had the neutral position displayed by a blinking red light. However while running the car for the first time (Just up and down the paved street) noticed the lights changed to solid green and an orange LED while in neutral and the car was stationary and red when throttle had been applied.

Looked at the manual and theres no explanation for this LED behavior at all. There are a couple thermal protection instances where the green light will flash but the behavior I watched didn't feature flashing what so ever. I also think thermal protection wouldnt entirely make sense. Was running the car with the body off on a relatively cool evening (~60 degrees) so there should have been more then enough air flow. The esc was also not warm and while there was some warmth in the motor it was cool enough that I could keep my hend held on the motor and not even feel close to being burned. The car itself was not behaving weirdly and I didnt experience or notice a drop in power. Just curious what this could be. thanks for any help

Specs:
Car is a TLR 22 4.0 buggy
69t Spur, 26t Pinion (Car was bought used, this was the gearing the previous owner ran)
Brand new Tekin 17.5 Spec R on stock timing. No fan on motor, out of the box fan on the speed control
Old 02-10-2019, 11:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Check that your throttle trim and sub trim are at 0. Set your throttle and brake end points to 100, then recalibrate the esc.

If the thing works like it is supposed to what does it matter what the LEDs are doing?
Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by waitwhat View Post
Check that your throttle trim and sub trim are at 0. Set your throttle and brake end points to 100, then recalibrate the esc.

If the thing works like it is supposed to what does it matter what the LEDs are doing?
I've worked with enough electronics that I take notice when the lights arent doing what they are supposed to be doing
Old 02-11-2019, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Blinky mode is a feature used in stock racing to ensure that an ESC doesn't have any timing/boost enabled, when throttle is applied then it goes to green by default, red+green (orange) for max throttle.

Justock series are locked in blinky mode and can't adjust timing/boost features typically found on higher quality ESC's.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chenstrap View Post
I've worked with enough electronics that I take notice when the lights arent doing what they are supposed to be doing
The point of an esc is not to have a certain color led illuminated at a certain time. The point of an esc is to control the speed of the motor. If your esc is controlling the motor, it is working correctly. Which led is illuminated and when does not mean anything.

What radio are you using? If it is something cheap (like the junkstock esc) don't be surprised if neutral is creeping and making the led illuminate as though the transmitter is not at neutral.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (99%+)

Have you asked in the Hobbywing thread? There is some good support in there.