Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
So does anyone have any idea what's happening here? >

So does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2019, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default So does anyone have any idea what's happening here?

So I built a Tekno SCT410.3...

I originally installed a Hobbywing XR8 SCT ESC that I had in my parts bin. The truck would run great for about one minute, cut out, then come back on at 50% power. Tried a different, fully charged battery, same thing. I redid all my solder joints, checked all my connections, tried again, same thing. So I installed a new XR8 SCT ESC, same thing.

I am using a Spektrum dx4s Radio, and now I am thinking it is something in the programming of the radio, but at this point, I have no clue. Anyone ever seen anything like this caused by a transmitter?

Thanks.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try a different sensor wire.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Are you using a NiMh battery? If so then you need to disable LVC which sounds like what's happening.

If you're running LiPo, then I would leave the LVC enabled, maybe reduce it to 3.0V/cell, then check your gearing and temps, what motor and pinion are you running?
Old 02-09-2019, 10:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by billdelong
Are you using a NiMh battery? If so then you need to disable LVC which sounds like what's happening.

If you're running LiPo, then I would leave the LVC enabled, maybe reduce it to 3.0V/cell, then check your gearing and temps, what motor and pinion are you running?
+1 on Low Voltage Cutoff
1. Check all devices and try to find out all possible causes, and check the transmitter’s battery voltage. 2. The RED LED keeps flashing indicating the LVC protection is activated, please replace your pack. 3. The GREEN LED keeps flashing indicating the thermal shutdown protection is activated, please let your ESC cool down before using it again.
The
Old 02-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I swapped to another motor, ripping around in the yard right in front of me, within 30 feet or so, it doesn't cut out.

I jump off the curb and head down the street, get about 80 feet away, it does it again. I am thinking that the TX is losing connection with the RX. This Spektrum setup came with a lot of RC stuff I bought and seems to be in great shape, but I think it has a problem. I am going to switch to my Futaba and see if that takes care of the issue.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

are you using older connectors from the ESC to battery?
are there any bullets from the ESC to motor?

If so. then I would replace with fresh connectors... they might be losing connection when making jumps, this is notoriously problematic with cage style bullets, replace them with slotted bullets which can be spread with a phillips driver later if necessary.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by billdelong
are you using older connectors from the ESC to battery?
are there any bullets from the ESC to motor?

If so. then I would replace with fresh connectors... they might be losing connection when making jumps, this is notoriously problematic with cage style bullets, replace them with slotted bullets which can be spread with a phillips driver later if necessary.
It's all soldered....

I put a flysky setup in it, and that seems to have taken care of it.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

test you radio and rx range. its easy .. make a battery pack. 6v. and hook it to rx with servo and a flag you can see from a distance . move servo rt to left then start your walk away from rx till its stops then you will know your range.