R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Sanwa-compatible receiver thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/1034379-sanwa-compatible-receiver-thread.html)

RazorRC 01-11-2019 02:22 PM

Sanwa-compatible receiver thread
 
Anyone try one of these? FH3 and FH4 compatible, supposedly...

https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-hr...iver-fhss.html

Troubles Dad 01-11-2019 03:01 PM


Originally Posted by RazorRC (Post 15373054)
Anyone try one of these? FH3 and FH4 compatible, supposedly...

https://www.rcjuice.com/hobbystar-hr...iver-fhss.html

I seen these as well, just have yet to see any responses to if they are good or not as bought some others back a couple of months from Hong Kong and installed one in my sons car, after 10 minutes of carpet track time in a T5m it started acting up and literally let all that magic smoke out, so I am going to watch and hope to hear some feedback on them, but they look good

Skaar_rc 01-11-2019 10:19 PM

There are a few other brand that are on my watch.

1. Cooltech
They got a very nice small footprint rx compatible for sanwa fh3 and fh4 with ceramic antenna.

2. Powerstar
The latest is RS472E. It got the same L shape rx similar to rx482.

The hobbystar looks like rebrand from one of these brand.

RC_Gamer 01-16-2019 04:31 AM

Hy!
I just bought the HobbyStar RS472E L-shape receiver.
I installed it into my 1/10 4WD buggy. So far It works perfectly, and as good as the original Sanwa RX482 receiver.
Big test will be on the 26th of January in Slovakia at the Hudy Arena.
The first switch on was a little it tricky, but I figured it out.
I bought it from e-bay, and the seller told me, that this receivers signal distance is bigger than the RX482.
I will keep you updated about this receiver.

Skaar_rc 01-16-2019 07:41 AM


Originally Posted by RC_Gamer (Post 15376226)
Hy!
I just bought the HobbyStar RS472E L-shape receiver.
I installed it into my 1/10 4WD buggy. So far It works perfectly, and as good as the original Sanwa RX482 receiver.
Big test will be on the 26th of January in Slovakia at the Hudy Arena.
The first switch on was a little it tricky, but I figured it out.
I bought it from e-bay, and the seller told me, that this receivers signal distance is bigger than the RX482.
I will keep you updated about this receiver.

Cool... Just what i need before spending some money on it...

Bry195 01-16-2019 08:15 PM


Originally Posted by RC_Gamer (Post 15376226)
Hy!
I just bought the HobbyStar RS472E L-shape receiver.
I installed it into my 1/10 4WD buggy. So far It works perfectly, and as good as the original Sanwa RX482 receiver.
Big test will be on the 26th of January in Slovakia at the Hudy Arena.
The first switch on was a little it tricky, but I figured it out.
I bought it from e-bay, and the seller told me, that this receivers signal distance is bigger than the RX482.
I will keep you updated about this receiver.

does the telemetry work?

RC_Gamer 01-19-2019 04:31 AM

I haven't tested the telemetry yet. I don't know if that works too with this receiver.
I made a little radio range and reaction test a few days ago at the local basketball track.
I haven't got any range issue. The car reacted the same speed like my original sanwa receiver.
So far i highly reccomend this product.
Here is a short video how to install and bind it. :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly5s...ature=youtu.be

klimbo123 01-19-2019 06:50 AM


Originally Posted by Bry195 (Post 15376847)

does the telemetry work?

yes of corse

Bry195 01-19-2019 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by klimbo123 (Post 15378374)
yes of corse

you have used the built in telemetry? Esc speed and motor temp?

RC_Gamer 01-27-2019 12:11 AM

After the weekend in the Hudy Arena with 190 race members I can happly report that the receiver worked perfectly.
No range problem or any kind of glitch. i haven't noticed any difference in speed either.
So if you are hesitating buying one don't be. :)

Skaar_rc 01-27-2019 12:32 AM


Originally Posted by RC_Gamer (Post 15383362)
After the weekend in the Hudy Arena with 190 race members I can happly report that the receiver worked perfectly.
No range problem or any kind of glitch. i haven't noticed any difference in speed either.
So if you are hesitating buying one don't be. :)

Thats great... Im getting the antennaless one...

RazorRC 01-27-2019 07:30 PM


Originally Posted by RC_Gamer (Post 15383362)
After the weekend in the Hudy Arena with 190 race members I can happly report that the receiver worked perfectly.
No range problem or any kind of glitch. i haven't noticed any difference in speed either.
So if you are hesitating buying one don't be. :)

Thanks for the update, much appreciated!

RC*PHREAK 01-28-2019 09:55 PM

on the antenna-less model, the instructions say to select "FHSS" on the transmitter. the MT44 only has FH3 and FH4T. which one do i select?

edit: just watched video, looks like FH4T is the ticket. i'll try that.

i bought mine on ebay (from china of course) was here in 12 days.

ICEMAN96 02-02-2019 07:32 PM

Ok what sanwa compatible receiver is working the best,
I don't care about telemetry just need it to be glitch free.
I need atleast 10 because im switching from futaba to sanwa and I don't like having to switch out receivers.

Where can you buy them also

Skaar_rc 02-03-2019 09:40 PM


Originally Posted by ICEMAN96 (Post 15387978)
Ok what sanwa compatible receiver is working the best,
I don't care about telemetry just need it to be glitch free.
I need atleast 10 because im switching from futaba to sanwa and I don't like having to switch out receivers.

Where can you buy them also

The latest one is the antennaless model by Powerstar. RS472E is the model. You can get it from ebay


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:20 PM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.6
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.