Search
Like Tree12Likes

EcoPower WP120T Coreless Waterproof High Torque Metal Gear Digital Servo

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
Thanks for the recommendation, I have heard nothing but good things about Blue Bird in the past, but have never owned one, these specs are almost too good to be true for the price!
Been a while since I bought from RCMart, I recall finding slightly better deals from their eBay channel called DinBall to save a few bucks on shipping, etc... I might pull the trigger sometime next month.
You're welcome! The fact that they sound too good to be true just makes me want to get one and find out. Flight Comp in California has the servos. I'm this close to ordering one today. It looks like it would be fantastic for my 1/8th scales. The fact that they've been in business since 1978 makes me more confident about the specs they list.
MaX-D likes this.

Last edited by frewster; 04-11-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Pulled the trigger on a BLS-29A from Flight Comp. I'll start a new thread when I get it to let you know what I think. Sorry for going so off topic!
sebtarta, billdelong and MaX-D like this.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Unfortunately I am not aware of any brand of servo that covers stripped gears which typically last about a year on the JX servos that I have tested in my 1/8 cars. To me it comes down to ease of getting replacement gear sets where EcoPower gears are only $13 to replace... I have seen some JX gear sets available but only from overseas and limited to 2-3 models of servos... I would rather have peace of mind with gear sets through a US distributor. I have requested JX gears through RC Juice but they blew me off, I told them I would support JX servos if they would start carrying replacement gear sets. Perhaps if more people would request gear sets they might realize the demand is there. I've got a couple $50 brushless aluminum case JX servos collecting dust because I can't find replacement gear sets for them

https://www.amainhobbies.com/ecopowe...p-120t/p734714
Since the servos are identical, wouldn't the Eco power gear set work in the JX servo?
Old 04-12-2019, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by frewster
You're welcome! The fact that they sound too good to be true just makes me want to get one and find out. Flight Comp in California has the servos. I'm this close to ordering one today. It looks like it would be fantastic for my 1/8th scales. The fact that they've been in business since 1978 makes me more confident about the specs they list.
DAAAAANG! The specs on those servos are insane for the price. I think I found my new Servo company. I'm ordering one for my stadium truck right now
Old 04-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaX-D
DAAAAANG! The specs on those servos are insane for the price. I think I found my new Servo company. I'm ordering one for my stadium truck right now
Which one? I can't wait for my BLS-29A to arrive. If those specs are accurate it should be even faster than my Highest DT2100 for half the price. The heli and plane guys like them so they must be reliable.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by frewster
Which one?
All of them!
frewster likes this.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MaX-D
Since the servos are identical, wouldn't the Eco power gear set work in the JX servo?
More than likely, yes. The JX CLS5830HV servo, that is said to be the origin of the EcoPower WP120T, has its own set of replacement gears being sold...#JX/CLS5830HV-SG.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Confirmed that the replacement gears are 100% identical between the 120T and JX CLS5830HV servo:

For those who don't like the idea of the plastic gear on the bottom and want the metal gear version plus a solid aluminum case, I have confirmed that the same 120T replacement gear set is a direct fit with the JX HV7232MG servo as well:

*** I have ran the HV7232MG servo in both my 1/8 Buggy and 1/8 Truggy, the servo in the truggy started getting slop after 9+ months and the buggy got slop around 12 months which is when the Truggy servo gears finally stripped close to a year of use and then I pulled the servo out of the buggy... I have kept both servos as backups and will now buy some more 120T replacement gear sets knowing they are compatible with various JX servos, thanks Frewster for pointing out the similarities earlier!
rustyus and frewster like this.

Last edited by billdelong; 05-21-2019 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Heh you're welcome Bill. If there's anything I'm somewhat good at it's figuring out who rebrands what in this industry.
billdelong likes this.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

For those who want to save a few bucks, I just learned from guy on Facebook that RC Mart is selling replacement gear sets for the JX CLS5830KV (compatible with the WP120T), the packaging is identical to the WP120T gear set too!

Only disappointment is that the pictured gear set shows the same plastic bottom gear that comes with the WP120T where I know the 5830 comes with a metal gear on the bottom, though I have not stripped that gear yet so probably not a big deal.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Bill, they're actually smart to put a weak point in the gear train. It means that will strip before the entire servo is destroyed.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

That plastic gear isn't the one that is stripping, it's the top gear which first gets slop due to wear, the teeth start to thin and look like sharp shark teeth, eventually they wear so thin they eventually strip... I have not seen the bottom gear show any signs of wear yet suggesting that a plastic gear is suitable for the bottom.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

That's very strange. Sounds like they have something wrong in their sintering process for the gears.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

For those who want to save a few bucks, I just learned from guy on Facebook that RC Mart is selling replacement gear sets for the JX CLS5830KV (compatible with the WP120T), the packaging is identical to the WP120T gear set too!

Only disappointment is that the pictured gear set shows the same plastic bottom gear that comes with the WP120T where I know the 5830 comes with a metal gear on the bottom, though I have not stripped that gear yet so probably not a big deal.
But, looking back at the picture you posted above, I see the bottom gear for JX CLS5830 is also plastic. Btw, that guy from facebook is me.
Old 07-10-2022, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Confirmed that the replacement gears are 100% identical between the 120T and JX CLS5830HV servo:

For those who don't like the idea of the plastic gear on the bottom and want the metal gear version plus a solid aluminum case, I have confirmed that the same 120T replacement gear set is a direct fit with the JX HV7232MG servo as well:

*** I have ran the HV7232MG servo in both my 1/8 Buggy and 1/8 Truggy, the servo in the truggy started getting slop after 9+ months and the buggy got slop around 12 months which is when the Truggy servo gears finally stripped close to a year of use and then I pulled the servo out of the buggy... I have kept both servos as backups and will now buy some more 120T replacement gear sets knowing they are compatible with various JX servos, thanks Frewster for pointing out the similarities earlier!
Ok, color me stupid, but how the heck did you get the JX CLS5830HV servo apart?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.