Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Futaba T4PM 2.4GHz radio system >

Futaba T4PM 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree4Likes

Futaba T4PM 2.4GHz radio system

Old 09-06-2019, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

In all fairness though, you canít really expect them to be fully knowledgeable about a product they donít sell here...

That being said, I never got a reply to my email I guess I need to check my junk folder to be sure.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ondaedg View Post
Having some trouble finding the trigger position adjustment screw. The manual says to use a 2.5mm hex driver but I can't find it anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I think I figured it out. The 4pm and 7px look to do it the same way. The 7px manual shows the correct way while the 4pm instructions were taken from the 4pv or 4pl. So it looks like Futaba botched the instructions in the manual. Hopefully they'll correct this. Not sure if they're monitoring these boards.
Old 09-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I can see that, But they should be versed, or even willing to obtain that information. To just go out and give some plain answer because you will not take it upon yourself to find out is not acceptable. I can email Mugen USA, and get info on new products easily. As well as getting a hold of Arrowmax, its a non issue, and they are across the globe.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been all over the internet trying to find out if the 4PM can be changed over for a left handed driver. Emails to Futaba remain unanswered. I'm currently using a 3pk. I know the 4pk, 4px and the 7px can change over. The 7px is out of my price range. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 09-13-2019, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ImGoinRCn View Post
I've been all over the internet trying to find out if the 4PM can be changed over for a left handed driver. Emails to Futaba remain unanswered. I'm currently using a 3pk. I know the 4pk, 4px and the 7px can change over. The 7px is out of my price range. Thanks for any and all help.
I went as far as checking the 4PM manual, and there is no mention of physical adjustability at all in the manual. Itís made even more complicated by the fact that the Comm Port is right where the wheel would go if it were reversible. As a matter of fact, the only optional parts listed for the radio itself (aside from a rechargeable battery and dry cell tray), is the carbon handle that is also for the 7PX.

well, that officially puts the 4PM off my list. For a radio thatís supposed to be a successor to the 4PV/X, it really doesnít excite. The 4PX could have easily filled this tier for Futaba with minor updates, but then, they probably wouldnít sell any 7PXís.

oh well, Iíve been weighing options about a radio since recently deciding to return to the hobby - I guess itís definitely time to try something else.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think so either because of the same reasons you said. I guess I'll try and find a used 4px that isn't worn out.

Last edited by ImGoinRCn; 09-13-2019 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Auto Correct got me