Search
Like Tree171Likes

Surpass V4S Motors

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danny325is
Hey Robby, Sucks that you had a bad experience. The beauty of Amazon is their customer service/return policy. send it back if it is a bad product.

Glad Mixedguy was able to help you out.

I recommend buying from a known source such as me or MixedGuy. but I would argue that not all of Amazon is bad. I sell motors on here and my website (Surpassracing.com) but I also sell on Amazon and Ebay. My Motors and descriptions are branded on Amazon as Surpassracing.com and ship from the USA.

BTW - I know you didn't buy that one from me( I dont have any mod motors in yet)
Thank for the info. The motor from Amazon is still a damn good motor. , it's just you can tell it's been sitting in a humid warehouse for quite some time. It didn't affect performance, but you know this hobby has a big influence on the bling factor lol. I only got one from Amazon because I needed one quickly for a big race.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Mine from Amazon looked fine. Now that the forum guys are price-fixing I'll probably continue to buy through there.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dabear
ordered 13.5 to try it on carpet\astro, going to compare with tekin spec-r.
what spur\pinion or fdr everyone is using? 2.5 internal (yz4sf). I assume something around 27\80?
84/25 here.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robby368
Thank for the info. The motor from Amazon is still a damn good motor. , it's just you can tell it's been sitting in a humid warehouse for quite some time. It didn't affect performance, but you know this hobby has a big influence on the bling factor lol. I only got one from Amazon because I needed one quickly for a big race.
thank you for the good recommendation. I know for me they build my motors as I order them. I am sure danny325is also gets fresh batches. I hope I didn't tune that 10.5 to high up for you. The mod motors are beast. I don't even tune mine. They have more than enough power. Have ran a 5.5 in mod 4wd no timing increase just stock. It definitely lived up to its name rocket. Was hard to hang on to. My 7.5 in my truggy can out run the guys running 6.5 from other brands .
danny325is likes this.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So I just ran my Surpass 21.5 in F1 for the first time on yesterday. This motor rips!

I was very impressed with the power and how smooth it was. I would not hesitate to buy another one of these!
mixedguy, danny325is and Oneracer like this.
Old 01-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you need to replace a bad bearing, on the end bell. Sort of difficult and a PIA. Any suggestions?
Old 01-24-2019, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
If you need to replace a bad bearing, on the end bell. Sort of difficult and a PIA. Any suggestions?
I Agree it is a PITA, . The Simple fix, is to buy a new sensor board that already has the replacement bearing in it. I sell them in my store, $25 normally, but for you I can do $20 shipped. I should have more in stock tomorrow.

The other option is de-solder the sensor board. There are six header pins that you can desolder fairly easily and the sensor board should pop off then you remove the bearing and replace it.

Let me know if I can help
Oneracer likes this.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

I got a 17.5T with a dodgy sensor board and have been sent a new one under warranty. Only thing us, I have never taken a motor apart and have no idea how ti replace the board. I'm pretty sure there will be some decent tutorials or videos around, can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 01-25-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jgil089
I got a 17.5T with a dodgy sensor board and have been sent a new one under warranty. Only thing us, I have never taken a motor apart and have no idea how ti replace the board. I'm pretty sure there will be some decent tutorials or videos around, can anyone point me in the right direction?
I will film a video and put it up soon.
jgil089 likes this.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

The New stock has come in . I have every V4S motor they make.
I also have almost every part for the V4S they make
I have a few the 160amp ESCs

PM Me if you need anything.

Old 01-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Did anyone tested the 21.5T in touring car class? How does it feel, comparing to Trinity Monster Max?
Old 01-25-2019, 03:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default Bearings.

Originally Posted by danny325is
I Agree it is a PITA, . The Simple fix, is to buy a new sensor board that already has the replacement bearing in it. I sell them in my store, $25 normally, but for you I can do $20 shipped. I should have more in stock tomorrow.

The other option is de-solder the sensor board. There are six header pins that you can desolder fairly easily and the sensor board should pop off then you remove the bearing and replace it.

Let me know if I can help
will take a motor apart and try and figure out the best way to get bearing out. I have a order of some ceramic bearings coming to test and sell if they make a difference. Will keep you all updated . Factory is closed till Feb 11. So it will be awhile. Have some other stuff coming as well. Will post when it comes in. For now it's a secret lol
Old 01-25-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jakelamotta
Did anyone tested the 21.5T in touring car class? How does it feel, comparing to Trinity Monster Max?
I run a 21.5 in USGT I am right there with the rest of the guys as far as speed and acceleration goes. My driving skills are what are keeping me back
mixedguy and jakelamotta like this.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

What timing and gearing are you running your 21.5 at in usgt? I have a couple guys about to use some in their touring cars. I ran the 17.5t in my 1/12 tonight. I didn't not do a back to back with my monster max but I was fairly impressed with this motor. I started out at 49° on my motolyser and a 74 rollout. Seemed a but sluggish out of the corner so I dropped the timing a little, probably around 46°. Seemed to have good rip after that and had 3 tenths fade over 8 minutes. Btw my home track is only like ~60x30 so timing and gearing will vary slightly. I will get actual timing numbers and what it says on the can when I get back to the track. I was able to consistently get this particular motor to read out at 0.0 deviation and 1° asemetry after reshimming properly.
Old 01-26-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by zeiler14
What timing and gearing are you running your 21.5 at in usgt? I have a couple guys about to use some in their touring cars. I ran the 17.5t in my 1/12 tonight. I didn't not do a back to back with my monster max but I was fairly impressed with this motor. I started out at 49° on my motolyser and a 74 rollout. Seemed a but sluggish out of the corner so I dropped the timing a little, probably around 46°. Seemed to have good rip after that and had 3 tenths fade over 8 minutes. Btw my home track is only like ~60x30 so timing and gearing will vary slightly. I will get actual timing numbers and what it says on the can when I get back to the track. I was able to consistently get this particular motor to read out at 0.0 deviation and 1° asemetry after reshimming properly.
I think my timing is in the 52 range but I plan testing it at a lower timing. FDR is right about 3.8.. I am not too focused on messing with any of it right now as I am more focused on getting more consistent as a driver. My lack of skill is what is killing me right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.