Like Tree158Likes

Surpass V4S Motors

Old 05-06-2019, 10:01 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

I am not sure how many pages back but there are some pictures explaining the "nipple' issue to see if you are being affected by it.

Another thing to check but I haven't seen on the motors I had is make sure your bearings are fully seated down. I saw another brand motor have its bearings not fully seated from the factory, was causing binding and heating up.

I would also say drop your timing as well.
Old 05-15-2019, 06:00 AM
mes
Tech Master

One of our club members was looking for a new 17.5 turn motor and I suggested the Surpass V4S. We dialled in his B6.1 about two weeks ago without a motor analyzer, because 17.5 off-road is just for hobby drivers in Germany, and ended up with approx. 47 end bell timing and 72/35 gearing. He had a waterfall mounted fan in his car, but it would not have been necessary. There is so much more in this little gem!
Fast forward to last weekend: Another club member struggled with his modified Cougar KC in the wet last weekend, borrowed the 17.5 powered Associated, and improved his lap times a lot. It seemed that the B6.1 did not loose a lot of speed compared to the mod cars and was faster than some of them, although the driver had not even pulled the trigger completely as it was a borrowed car... Bottom line: The rain racer bought a B6.1, one or two others ordered the Surpass motor, and I will order one or two of them later today. It is such a bargain!
Old 05-18-2019, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

This is the part you need to shave at least 1mm off
Old 05-19-2019, 12:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi all! I ordered my second 8.5T V4S motor for modified class from Aliexpress but recently realized that I received 8.5T V4S for drift spec, so... buyer protection is gone... It comes with C51115 rotor instead of the typical C53125. What is the difference between these two rotors?

Last edited by lexusbest; 05-19-2019 at 01:15 AM.