Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
HobbyKing trackstar motors >

HobbyKing trackstar motors

HobbyKing trackstar motors

Old 09-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default HobbyKing trackstar motors

Are these motors still good enough to keep up for onroad or are they now a C main motor if that?
Old 09-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

the v2 are very good motors
Old 09-15-2018, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

I have some 17.5T V1 which I run in 17.5T blinky offroad on low grip. My 4wd buggy was too slow this year as others had upgraded to the latest motors, they could pretty much drive around me down the straight. I just upgraded to Orca and now can clear the doubles which i couldn't before. I'm slower though, the car is different to drive so will take some getting used to and finding the right lines. I still have the trackstar gear in my 2wd buggy though as more power is less important. There isn't really a huge difference between 2wd mod and stock. Another guy whos faster than me runs the same motor and he is often near the podium if not on it. He even does that in an RC10 worlds rerelease, puts the rest of us to shame!

I'd guess the v1 are too slow now for onroad touring cars though as you have grip. Its probably ok in F1 as sometimes less power is better, the fastest guy at my onraod club in F1 runs an old Speed Passion motor.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Adept

I ran a outlaw v2 17.5 blinky and with the motor timed to it's sweet spot, it was keeping up or out dragging other cars in the track. This is a very torquey motor.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:28 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My Trackstar 13.5T v1 motor cannot keep up my R1 V16 17.5T motor. This is on an onroad sedan.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by s14_tat View Post
I ran a outlaw v2 17.5 blinky and with the motor timed to it's sweet spot, it was keeping up or out dragging other cars in the track. This is a very torquey motor.
It's an outlaw motor though. Most decent onroad tracks will not allow illegal motors and the races. The popular motors at our track are the Team Powers and R1.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

No denying that it is not roar legal. It was a $50 dollar that is as fast if not faster than $100 motor once I got it in it's sweet spot. My local club doesn't tech that hard, plus they think it is a crappy trackstar motor. I don't think most clubs tech for anything more than weight, fixed timing, and battery voltage.