Search
Like Tree10Likes

Radiolink RC4GS for begginer racing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
What's the differences you noticed after switching from rc4g to noble? Speed? Ergo? Etc.
Much faster - I had to adjust because I was braking and turning too early when I started using it. I had adapted to the much higher latency the RC4G had.

More ergonomic - the RC4G isn't uncomfortable (it's light!) but it doesn't have the best grip and isn't adjustable. The Noble has two backstrap sizes, a semi rubberized grip, you can remove the base battery and run it off the 18650 cell that's in the handle to reduce the weight, the trigger and wheel are adjustable, etc.

Build quality - the RadioLink radios won't fall apart on you (or at least mine didn't) but they feel very light and very cheap. They're made out of cheap plastic and will flex/creak if you squeeze the grip. The Noble is largely metal and even the plastic bits are much higher quality. It feels sturdy in the hand. The downside is it is heavier but it isn't too much imo and you can remove the base to make it much lighter.

The RC4G is a great low to mid end radio. The Noble is a high end radio. They both serve their purpose well.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I think the only thing I don't really like on the RC4GS is the expo. I have it cranked up and I still feel like its is really sensitive for small adjustments. If I could change everything, I'd want a thicker soft touch handle (I just need to get some tennis racquet wrap), and I wish the wheel had a higher amount of rotation. I think its 180 lock to lock. It'd be nice to have the option to have 270 and multi point curve editor for the expo. Still that's asking a lot out of a $70 radio. Its still a good starter radio. More than good enough for bashing and learning. Once I'm more consistent on lap times I'll look into a better radio, but who knows I may get bored of RC before that happens.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by billdelong
I have owned 4 different Fly Sky systems over the years and each one of them has disappointed me for a myriad of reasons, but to sum up my disappointment with Fly Sky, they do not stand the test of time and have a tendency to glitch when too many other radio systems are in use. In contrast, Radiolink has never disappointed me at the track.
Must be my bad luck as I've had 2 radiolinks, rc4g/rc4gs and now I'm changing to a futaba. The rc4g first issue were the trims never centered, the output to the rx started to become glitchy so I upgraded to the rc4gs. Now with the 4gs with one rx the kit occasionally has a sudden burst of speed if my finger barely touches the trigger. With the other rx and I'm using r6fg v2 receivers, when driving the car would suddenly come to a stop like the battery died then start up again. 🤦‍♂️ I really loved my RC4Gs as many around me are using futabas, spektrums and sanwas and I felt good knowing I had a cheap radio and could still be competitive, then the issues started and this radio is less than a year old. Not all have experienced same problems but in having to buy a new radio upgrade, and many rxs I'm just really disappointed in radiolink.
rustyus likes this.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

I would like to know what power source was primarily used when powering the radiolink for those who had one? I used a 2s lipo 20c 2800mah. I'm wondering if that could have been the cause of my radio issues for a less than yr old radio, never dropped, never got wet, always transported in same foam box it came in.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcbuggy88
The sanwa mts is a much better radio for racing. It should very fast response and good value. It replaced the Mt-4/4s so probably the best value race remote at the moment.
How how much are the receivers for the Sanwa MTS?
Old 08-16-2020, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Underdog
How how much are the receivers for the Sanwa MTS?
If you want an original (Sanwa RX-482) like what comes with the MT-S tx/rx package... they are $99-ish. Or... Sanwa-compatible receiver thread
Old 08-18-2020, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pedmar007
I would like to know what power source was primarily used when powering the radiolink for those who had one? I used a 2s lipo 20c 2800mah. I'm wondering if that could have been the cause of my radio issues for a less than yr old radio, never dropped, never got wet, always transported in same foam box it came in.
I've got 2 Radiolink rc4gs radios and power them both with 2s lipo packs. 2 trucks using the r6fg receiver and one using the r7fg. No issues with any of it, pretty great gear for how low cost they are.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BlairW
I've got 2 Radiolink rc4gs radios and power them both with 2s lipo packs. 2 trucks using the r6fg receiver and one using the r7fg. No issues with any of it, pretty great gear for how low cost they are.
I'm glad to hear another without issues. Tbh I was looking to rule out the possible reasons as to why a less than yr old trx had the issues it had. I recently bought a Futaba 3pv to replace the rc4gs I have but upon reading up on both specs it's amazing to see the 4gs has more than the 3pv. Yet I hold my head knowing that the 3pv is $160+ and I bought the 4gs for under $70. So I'm hoping that the 3pv gives me a better experience than the 4gs did, which I truly enjoyed before the issues.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pedmar007
Must be my bad luck as I've had 2 radiolinks, rc4g/rc4gs and now I'm changing to a futaba. The rc4g first issue were the trims never centered, the output to the rx started to become glitchy so I upgraded to the rc4gs. Now with the 4gs with one rx the kit occasionally has a sudden burst of speed if my finger barely touches the trigger. With the other rx and I'm using r6fg v2 receivers, when driving the car would suddenly come to a stop like the battery died then start up again. 🤦‍♂️ I really loved my RC4Gs as many around me are using futabas, spektrums and sanwas and I felt good knowing I had a cheap radio and could still be competitive, then the issues started and this radio is less than a year old. Not all have experienced same problems but in having to buy a new radio upgrade, and many rxs I'm just really disappointed in radiolink.
I'm pretty sure it was your post that took me to my breaking point. My three year old RadioLink transmitter finally went in the trash...where it should have gone a year ago. Sure, my RC3S is a different RadioLink model, but I'd bet the components are the same as what is put in later RadioLink transmitters. The throttle potentiometer has given me issues with neutral/brake/reverse. I put up with it for a year and blamed my cheap speed controls.
Pedmar007 likes this.