Search
Like Tree8Likes

Left handed people please read

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
I didn't miss that part but when they specifically name m12 and 7px plus equivalent, that doesn't make you think about any of the lower end or used radios. Sorry to break it to you gigaplex but a 4pk or rp ts401 are not equivalent to a 7px. Both of those are good mid range left/right handed radios.

It makes me think of higher end older radios. I'm not aware of any lower end radios that can do it.
Old 08-05-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-a...SABEgK2qvD_BwE

now you know of 1 gig
gigaplex likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Tech Adept

Being southpaw myself I've noticed that I seem to have better control of the throttle than some on the other drivers at my track.
DRTMI likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Ive seen a child 5 years old drive cross handed for 3 years . I asked his father why not get him a south pawed controller .(left handed). he told me he was fine doing it that way . I know from having my left hand broken by the nuns that said I was evil in the 60's catholic school ( I wrote left handed well tried until they made me change to the accepted way.)non evil.I gave him a left handed radio . calibrated his gear to it and after 3 weeks he was doing TQ for his class b4 that he was a average drive not near tq times.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Do what works for and what has been getting the job done. Re learning may throw u off. Why bother with a new learning curve? I’m right handed but can only race with left handed radio . For me right hand throttle is easyer . Every time I Try to learn to drive righty I kept messing up
Old 08-11-2018, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I was born left handed and grandpa told them to have me do things right handed because of sports. I raced with R/H radios upside down, then bought a 4R Pro and converted it to L/H. Got tired of that and went to a M12S and converted it. It took some time to get used to the L/H radios. I cas still use a R/H radio by flipping it.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hi I'm a lefty and currently use a stick radio. This was fine back in the day when I raced on low traction tracks. Nowadays astro rules the roost in my locality and I feel I struggle with steering accuacy with my right hand. Anyway, I'm looking for a left handed steer wheel radio. I am clueless - please can somebody post up a list of possibles including brand? I am confused by all the codes.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Hi iam also a lefty I se a radiopost ts 401 it is both rt and left handed just move the steering wheel from 1 side to the other 4 screws.. here is the arrma just push a button and rotate wheel.https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-a...SABEgK2qvD_BwE

and there are many other pistol grip radios to chose from if you look.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm left handed and use a normal radio. I see no benefit to learning some ass-backward, hard to find adaptation for an effort that's still 2-handed anyway. Either way your stupid hand still has to learn to be good at something.
DRTMI and gigaplex like this.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Further to what Jim85IROC said, one advantage to learning to use a "right handed" radio is that you then have the motor skills to try someone else's car if the opportunity presents itself and also to ask other drivers to try your car if you want opinions on handling and tuning improvements.

Unless you continually switch back and forth between lefty and righty radios, your muscle memory will work against you when you try to drive the other type. And if you can switch back and forth, you might as well just use a righty radio to begin with.

I'm speaking as someone who has used righty radios from the beginning, steering with my left hand and triggering with my right. This was necessary because an accident 30 years prior to my first RC left me with a left index finger too short to operate a RC controller trigger.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm curious about this as well.. I am soooo used to driving right handed style though, I feel like going left handed would feel awkward for a bit. Like others have said, I am pretty ambidextrous for the most part, but I can only write left, but I am good with both hands at most things. I have a Futaba 3pv, so I can't try left handed, I eventually want to upgrade to a better radio and will def try it once I can! I feel like after years of driving right handed though, I think it would be hard to swap...
Old 08-30-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadaloo
I'm curious about this as well.. I am soooo used to driving right handed style though, I feel like going left handed would feel awkward for a bit. Like others have said, I am pretty ambidextrous for the most part, but I can only write left, but I am good with both hands at most things. I have a Futaba 3pv, so I can't try left handed, I eventually want to upgrade to a better radio and will def try it once I can! I feel like after years of driving right handed though, I think it would be hard to swap...
I got a radio that could be converted a few years after I started with RC cars. I tried it. I couldn't even drive up and down the street.

At that point I decided I would go back to using a right handed radio the "wrong" way since I couldn't see any long term advantages to putting in the effort to re-learn how to drive with a lefty radio, especially considering the disadvantages I mentioned earlier.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

It is funny when someone borrows my radio to see how it works, and then find out I am a lefty.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Is there anything new that came out for lefties, more affordable than M12 or 7px?

I drive with my left on a right hand radio (3pv), kinda crossed over the radio's screen... people keep pointing out how awkward it looks at the races... I'm a fast guy, but I wonder if I'm missing out by not getting a left handed radio. It's hard to have full steering to left and right driving crossed without letting go of the wheel.

Anyone that drives crossed and switched to left radios that can share experience?
Old 11-22-2019, 09:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3rcfh
Is there anything new that came out for lefties, more affordable than M12 or 7px?

I drive with my left on a right hand radio (3pv), kinda crossed over the radio's screen... people keep pointing out how awkward it looks at the races... I'm a fast guy, but I wonder if I'm missing out by not getting a left handed radio. It's hard to have full steering to left and right driving crossed without letting go of the wheel.

Anyone that drives crossed and switched to left radios that can share experience?
I’m left handed but I’ve been racing right handed for over 25 years. I don’t think I can even drive left handed.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/flysky-n...receivers.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.