Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TBLE-02s Issue.. flashing red LED, no response from motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Tamiya TBLE-02s Issue.. flashing red LED, no response from motor

I finally put the electronics in my Sand Scorcher after having it sit on the shelf since Christmas, and when I plug everything in and turn it on, the ESCs LED starts flashing red when I apply throttle... I’ve tried the brushed/brushless programming, the calibration programming, and the LV programming and nothing changes it... the servo works, the battery is fully charged, and I’ve never had any issues with ESCs before (been into RC for 34 years and sponsored by Castle and Proline) If anyone has any ideas I’d appreaciate a hand on this

thx
See video below:
Old 07-22-2018, 09:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The instructions for the esc specifically state that you must have the throttle channel reversed. Is your throttle channel reversed?

I would say the the esc thinks you are applying the brakes when you pull the throttle. What happens when you hit the brakes on the transmitter?

The manual also states that a quick flashing red led and no motor movement means the esc is in overload protection, so make sure everything moves freely. Take the pinion gear off to eliminate any car related issue.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I got one a few years back that wouldn't go into brushed mode. They said they had a problem with 1 batch of esc's, and sent me a new one free of charge. If you can't get it working, contact TamiyaUSA. All of the other ones I've had(5) worked fine, so I think it was a very small amount.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Very common fault with these, we have had 4 do the same with guys running TT-01 Truck and have had to allow people to run the Hobbywing Quicrun brushed as a result which is a far more reliable unit. Flashing red light is overload, often a BEC failure.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:42 PM
Tech Rookie

concertina