Search
Like Tree553Likes

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dickie doyle

If we’re too lazy to open a rubber flap and plug in a micro USB, the whole hobby is DOOMED!!
People still reverse polarity on battery plugs because they can't be bothered to color code the wires and terminals. So... lol better to be safe than a statistic I suppose.
dickie doyle likes this.
Old 04-22-2019, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If we’re too lazy to open a rubber flap and plug in a micro USB, the whole hobby is DOOMED!!
I think it's unfair to call it lazy, it's a matter convenience I'd say............
Old 04-22-2019, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scott_0
I think it's unfair to call it lazy, it's a matter convenience I'd say............
I’m just saying it’s apples and oranges. You either carry and plug in a wireless charger, or carry and plug in a usb. Maybe “DOOMED” isn’t the proper word, but I’ll just use one of the 25 micro USBs in my junk drawer at home and save the wireless charger money for tires.
choisan and scott_0 like this.
Old 04-25-2019, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Saves wear and tear on the usb port.

If I go to plug in my discharged phone, and the charger fails due to port wear. People die.

My laptop has two different ways to recharge for that same reason.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Also most plug in chargers are not smart. They continue to try and charge your phone/ almost everything the whole time it is plugged in. The new wireless chargers shut off when Full.
Motorman007 likes this.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tonyd
Also most plug in chargers are not smart. They continue to try and charge your phone/ almost everything the whole time it is plugged in. The new wireless chargers shut off when Full.
You think or are you sure?????

A full automatic one cell LiPo charger is just a simple chip costing a few cents, complete pcb's can be found on Ebay for just one dollar. And you think they provide you an unsafe charger so they can save a few cents with the risk burning down your (and others) house?

I am pretty sure the plug-in charger is also automatic with a shut off.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyd
This is just not true, or we'd have phone and laptops on fire all over the place. Sometimes this is controlled by the device rather than the charger, but certainly lipo chargers don't just endlessly trickle charge the devices they are plugged in to. Even the simple wall pack chargers for lipo batteries tend to have a charge indicator light. The same circuit that switches this light to indicate a full charge also stops the battery from charging.

Old style chargers for devices with NiCd, NiMh or lead acid batteries sometimes worked the way you describe, but these batteries could cope better with a trickle charge.
Old 04-28-2019, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I bought the m17 a few weeks ago and can not for the life of me get to the feeling I have with my M12s.

Anyone else have any issue with this.

I just cant get used to how light the radio is. That I think I could get used to but here is my real problem.

I went Fri to practice. Carpet off road. Had the mindset I was going to use the m17 all day no matter what.
I get there run my mod 2wd and it feels ok. So I ran 3 more packs. Car feels ok but it still has a not connected feeling for me.

I goto the pits and get my 17.5 2wd that is still bound to the M12s. I go run a pack and it feels just like it has for the last year.

I ran that pack out and charged another. Go back out. And ran about 6 laps. Lap times were 14.1,14.0 14.0, 13.8 & 13.8.

I pulled over pick the the car up and went right to the pits and bound the M17 to the this car.

Its been calibrated to it already-

i went out and ran the remainder of the pack with my hot lap a full second off at 14.7.

Ive changed the feeling in the m17 to slow it down. I’ve changed it from shr mode to nor. The M12s is set up on shr mode.

Both radios have the exact same settings in each of the models I’m using.

Anyone have any advice on what to change to get the M17 to feel more comfortable?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Addict

Did you re-bind the receivers when adjusting the protocol from NOR to SHR and back?
Old 04-28-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Yes
mushroomed likes this.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

So I used my m17 for the first time at pnb. I have the 491 in my truggy that came with the radio and a 481 receiver in my buggy. I had no problems. I bound my ebuggy at local race to one of my other 481 receivers. All of a sudden both my nitro buggy and ebuggy act like they aren’t bound. I rebind them everything works fine. Everytime I would turn the radio off it was like they lost bind to the radio. I get home clear the the ebuggy model and everything acts ok. I go back a few days later and same thing no bind but the truggy with the 491 is fine it doesn’t lose bind. If turn buggy on and off and radio it will eventually act like it’s bound. I don’t know what to do this only happened after I added the second 481 receiver. Any suggestions ?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Programming a PGS servo

has anyone successfully programmed their Sanwa servos with the M17? If so, how'd you do it?
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

not tried yet. only programmed with the card as they are in my mrx6, it is not so convenient to take the wires out, even with the program box, the wire is not long enough from the receiver box. i thought of using the y-cable to do it on-the-fly, but it couldn't set the l8 to 10th parameter.
i used shimo's 1/8th setting
Old 04-29-2019, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
So I used my m17 for the first time at pnb. I have the 491 in my truggy that came with the radio and a 481 receiver in my buggy. I had no problems. I bound my ebuggy at local race to one of my other 481 receivers. All of a sudden both my nitro buggy and ebuggy act like they aren’t bound. I rebind them everything works fine. Everytime I would turn the radio off it was like they lost bind to the radio. I get home clear the the ebuggy model and everything acts ok. I go back a few days later and same thing no bind but the truggy with the 491 is fine it doesn’t lose bind. If turn buggy on and off and radio it will eventually act like it’s bound. I don’t know what to do this only happened after I added the second 481 receiver. Any suggestions ?

Buy a 491 and move on.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

^^^^^^I have yet to install my 491 receiver into a car and bound my radio to all my other FH4 481,482, 471 and 472 cars and all is fine. I always assign a safety link to all my models so they don't ever walk all over each other.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.