Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol >

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Like Tree284Likes

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Old 12-12-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Justed called hitec they said their brushless line can run in SSR without a problem.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007 View Post
Justed called hitec they said their brushless line can run in SSR without a problem.
Great news! just wish we had proof of that and not just some staff potentially speculating. I love Hitec servos so quiet precise and smooth. Thanks for the input.

Just looked up the premium brushless line- their multi purpose look really great for 1/8 buggy. speed .10 and oz. in 347 very impressive. Not sure if I should go brushless or the Ko hcs coreless. I want super precise, centering quiet reliable operation. The hitec I have now is really awesome. it's the 7950th- great servo for 1/8 scale I highly recommend. But I d like to try the premium brushless servos. So many options lol Ill have to find out if the Ko hcs run ssr.
Motorman007 likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

I agree. lol
good point sir. I'm going to give Brian M. Servo a try after Xmas. For my Ebuggy. M17 and BM servo should be a good combination.

I run these 9380 they are a b#### in nitro super good holding power.
Plus 2 years warranty.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone hear if they will make it here for the end of December date? It would be nice for Sanwa to say something about a realistic delivery.
Xpress likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

yea im lookin to find out if running all the same brand is best rather than mix and matching. I've never had real issues mixing and matching electronics brands but ive never run all the same brand electronics either. Will the ssr tech work best if everything is all sanwa?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDriemeier View Post
Anyone hear if they will make it here for the end of December date? It would be nice for Sanwa to say something about a realistic delivery.
RCMart just pushed their release date to mid January...

This is a little ridicules because it will have been delayed for almost (1) year.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
RCMart just pushed their release date to mid January...

This is a little ridicules because it will have been delayed for almost (1) year.
Best to get it right 1st than us getting it and shipping it back to JAPAN.. That's all the Desoto racing is going to do.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Motorman007 View Post
Best to get it right 1st than us getting it and shipping it back to JAPAN.. That's all the Desoto racing is going to do.
I think the beef is that we're speculating off of dates supplied by retailers and not from the manufacturer/importer. Neither Sanwa or the US importer has released any recent info on the expected release date.

Last edited by Xpress; 12-13-2018 at 07:45 AM. Reason: .
Old 12-13-2018, 09:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
I think the beef is that we're speculating off of dates supplied by retailers and not from the manufacturer/importer. Neither Sanwa or the US importer has released any recent info on the expected release date.
Very much true boss
Old 12-13-2018, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brian mills View Post
Yes there is an RSX power version. The KO servos are not advertised to run SSR but I have heard and seen through videos of them working on SSR and even SUR. My guess is that the pcbs in the entire HCS line is capable but at the same time do not want to give out incorrect information.
When I tried to run my KO BSx3 brushless servo which is HCS capable in SSR mode, the starting center point was at least 20 degrees off from where the starting center point is in SHR mode. I thought that was odd. However, otherwise it seems to work fine in that mode. I just didn't want to keep it in the mode since was doing the odd thing on starting center point. Can anyone else confirm that they had a similar experience with KO servos and SSR? Thanks
Old 12-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Few infos from Robert Morris Ko America:

"The HCS servos seem to work with the Sanwa SSR system."

"The KO servo made for HCS will automatically see a faster signal and adjust without you doing anything."

Gotta say I don't like what I'm hearing from the above poster about the centerting degree being way off like that in ssr. Hmmm may still have to just run all Sanwa and take a little less torque which I really don't want to do.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by golgi View Post
When I tried to run my KO BSx3 brushless servo which is HCS capable in SSR mode, the starting center point was at least 20 degrees off from where the starting center point is in SHR mode. I thought that was odd. However, otherwise it seems to work fine in that mode. I just didn't want to keep it in the mode since was doing the odd thing on starting center point. Can anyone else confirm that they had a similar experience with KO servos and SSR? Thanks
I'm not an expert but If you turn the servo on and it centers where ever. You than you install the horn and adjust sub trim to center it. Then you adjust EPA's and your done. What difference does it make where it centers?..... as I said sub trim ... As long as the servo can swing lock to lock what more do you need. You that anal? Just sayin...
Old 12-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

If a servo is centering differently in different modes, it's clear there is a deeper underlying issue. Bubonic-x, try using your brain a little before typing.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by golgi View Post
If a servo is centering differently in different modes, it's clear there is a deeper underlying issue. Bubonic-x, try using your brain a little before typing.
I think your over thinking it and as surmised YOU ARE ANAL because you couldnt answer me, Prove me wrong remember use your brain
Old 12-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

I don't have anything to prove to you. The reality is that if centering changes from mode to mode, there is some sort of mismatch on modulation. I'm not claiming to be an electrical engineer but at the same time it doesn't take a genius to understand such a basic thing.

I will be curious to hear from others that try HCS compatible servos in SSR mode to see if they run into the same issue. I wonder if it happens with all HCS servos or just some of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service