Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol >

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Like Tree553Likes

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Old 08-29-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999
Ah ok, Ill have a look later on my m17, dont remember seeing it when I was binding

Thanks, Ill have a look on the m17 later
it’s called fail safe in bind function. change and select a number for each of your car so the car won’t move unless your tx is in the correct model.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ddt
Insert the blue "bind" plug into the SSL slot, and then, switch on the receiver (provided that you supply the power with ESC on channel 2). Then, send the bind signal from the transmitter. Unplug the blue plug after that. Good luck.
I am running GP car so I do not have any ESC. In this case, may I know which slot shd I connect my power supply to?
Old 08-29-2018, 09:00 AM
Set
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sailfish

I am running GP car so I do not have any ESC. In this case, may I know which slot shd I connect my power supply to?
doesn't matter as long as not TH / ST
Old 08-31-2018, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hopefully they get these issues sorted before we get ours in the states. Good thing I hold onto my old radios so my trusty M12 will be on standby.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Tech Adept

A little late answer to the questions "will you feel the speed" and "why is everyone using sanwa"

One thing is personal preferance of how it feels in the hands. I know a few top drivers who prefere futaba but use sanwa because it is more reliable.

For most pro drivers the transmitter performance it not important at all because latany is no Problem anymore it just has to work and sanwa is the company that had no big problems in the past exept the range issue and the plastic quality issue with m12 . Most pro guys use the transmitter box stock. Since m11x there is zero difference for the driver. If a transmitter it faster it is Prone to get twitchy. So the industry is pushing themselfes which is nice but a New transmitter is a risk. The first futaba px and KO ex1 where not too nice and that is why many had to switch and simply didnt come back than.

Most pro drivers who where using futaba or KO in the past did it because the servos are much better. Now every second guy i meet starts a servo company because you can get Them cheap in China so many pros get a servo deal and pay for the transmitter themselfes. So they pick what is reliable.

​​the potis age because most transmitters still usw Bad cheap potis and the get sloppy and get less drag. So Form time to time Poti or whole transmitter has to be switched. I hope car racers will get better potis at some time too
Old 09-01-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 09-01-2018, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by takymo
A little late answer to the questions "will you feel the speed" and "why is everyone using sanwa"

One thing is personal preferance of how it feels in the hands. I know a few top drivers who prefere futaba but use sanwa because it is more reliable.

For most pro drivers the transmitter performance it not important at all because latany is no Problem anymore it just has to work and sanwa is the company that had no big problems in the past exept the range issue and the plastic quality issue with m12 . Most pro guys use the transmitter box stock. Since m11x there is zero difference for the driver. If a transmitter it faster it is Prone to get twitchy. So the industry is pushing themselfes which is nice but a New transmitter is a risk. The first futaba px and KO ex1 where not too nice and that is why many had to switch and simply didnt come back than.

Most pro drivers who where using futaba or KO in the past did it because the servos are much better. Now every second guy i meet starts a servo company because you can get Them cheap in China so many pros get a servo deal and pay for the transmitter themselfes. So they pick what is reliable.

​​the potis age because most transmitters still usw Bad cheap potis and the get sloppy and get less drag. So Form time to time Poti or whole transmitter has to be switched. I hope car racers will get better potis at some time too
There is a big difference between resolution and transit as far as response making cars feel too twitchy. For the record most pros most definitely do have a radio deal. And as to your opinion of every other guy starting a servo company because they are cheap in China nothing could be further from the truth. I have started my new high performance rc racing corporation and beginning with a line of awesome servos and speed controls to provide myself and my fellow racers with some performance advantage offerings and better offerings than what is currently available. I have spent hundreds of hours of research to find the absolute best manufacturers in the industry capable and willing to produce the best products that offer lap time advantages on the track with improved feel and response. This also comes with a huge cost involved and many more hours testing and comparing prototypes and production samples vs current top name brands. I definitely encourage you to try this if you think that this is an easy or cheap task...
Old 09-01-2018, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

There is also a big difference in resolution from my M11x to my M12s running SSR mode on both. A difference which can be seen but more importantly a difference that can be felt. I expect the M17 to have a noticeable difference from the M12s but maybe not as much from the M11x to the M12s
Old 09-01-2018, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

I been running my M12S with SRT servos in SSR without any problems. According to some ppl SSR is just for sanwas own line if servos and esc's. What servo specs are nessecery to run on SSR and SUR on the new M17?
I will upgrade to the M17 bc my M12S has been around for a few years and it is time for a replacement.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

To my current knowledge SRT are not SSR mode compatible. To verify make sure that you have performed the bind procedure after you have switched modes on the transmitter or you will have a false indication that you are actually in SSR mode. It took me quite some negotiating with my servo manufacturer to get my line of servos coming to be SSR compatible. The pcb’s are different and the manufacturer had to purchase a debugger to dissect the ultra fast signals. Very few servos currently on the market are true SSR mode compatible.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:23 PM
Tech Adept

brian: Didn t know you have a servo company and I didn t want to insult you. New brands are popping out of nowhere every day right now and the quality is pretty good for most purposes, I stil believe ko servos are the best you can get right now and it has a reason why you can find them in many pro cars nitro 8 scale if it is a worlds race even though they are sponsored by othere companies.

To be honest about the electronic deals: Most pros are not sponsored by the radio manufacures anymore, sure they dont pay for the material but most dont get a lot money for using it or they dont get any money. So most choose what they think is the best when it comes to radio.

I know the resolution is better at some radios but to be honest it doesnt affect as much as I thought. Sure it is the best when radio and servo have the same resolution and every position on the radio has one position on the servo. Bad software can make a lot worse but with good software in the radio the feeling is pretty good. If world champs dont feel a difference I wonder how so many hobby drivers feel so much diferences.

BTW Most drone racers use frsky and more channels so they have a lot worse latancy and even the resolution isnt too great, but most racers prefere the frsky. All our car radios are at a pretty decent level and nobody should worry too much about it.

I hope sanwa uses rubber that doesn t expend anymore, it is so annoying that the rubber parts dont fit after some time on all sanwas.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

The reason why I can make the above statement about SRT servos not being SSR compatible is that I have personally tried more than once and found that a BH8015 1/10 low profile servo is absolutely not compatible with SSR on my M12s, SHR is the fastest mode that it works with and on SSR it travels all the way over to RH lock and freezes
Old 09-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by takymo
brian: Didn t know you have a servo company and I didn t want to insult you. New brands are popping out of nowhere every day right now and the quality is pretty good for most purposes, I stil believe ko servos are the best you can get right now and it has a reason why you can find them in many pro cars nitro 8 scale if it is a worlds race even though they are sponsored by othere companies.

To be honest about the electronic deals: Most pros are not sponsored by the radio manufacures anymore, sure they dont pay for the material but most dont get a lot money for using it or they dont get any money. So most choose what they think is the best when it comes to radio.

I know the resolution is better at some radios but to be honest it doesnt affect as much as I thought. Sure it is the best when radio and servo have the same resolution and every position on the radio has one position on the servo. Bad software can make a lot worse but with good software in the radio the feeling is pretty good. If world champs dont feel a difference I wonder how so many hobby drivers feel so much diferences.

BTW Most drone racers use frsky and more channels so they have a lot worse latancy and even the resolution isnt too great, but most racers prefere the frsky. All our car radios are at a pretty decent level and nobody should worry too much about it.

I hope sanwa uses rubber that doesn t expend anymore, it is so annoying that the rubber parts dont fit after some time on all sanwas.
No problem and you are 100 percent correct when you state about more servo companies popping up all the time. Very few on the market are SSR compatible and is why it was a requirement for myself to spend countless hours searching for a manufacturer that was capable and willing to do this so that I can set my company apart from the many existing brands that don’t have access to the technology.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by brian mills
The reason why I can make the above statement about SRT servos not being SSR compatible is that I have personally tried more than once and found that a BH8015 1/10 low profile servo is absolutely not compatible with SSR on my M12s
I’ll have to diagree with you. I run 9027 on SSR on my personal race rigs. If they weren’t compatible the servo would act strange or brake down in a short amount if time. I’ll of course dubble check my settings.
The big question is which servos are compatible with SSR or SUR.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Tech Addict

This was a personal requirement for myself and my racing needs and for many potential customers that are currently using Sanwa radios that have not yet been able to experience SSR

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.