Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol >

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Like Tree277Likes

Sanwa M17- New TOTL Pistol

Old 08-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer View Post
I doubt they would take the risk of not honoring the preorder price. That would cause a lot of hatefulness.
exactly amain charges you at the time of preorder, i doubt they try to get more money from the buyer at shipment time.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if Sanwa's line is completely made in Japan?
Old 08-16-2018, 07:55 AM
Set
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cardiak View Post
Does anyone know if Sanwa's line is completely made in Japan?
according to my m12s box, it is made in china
Old 08-16-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Interesting. Is there any tadio that is still made in Japan?
Old 08-16-2018, 01:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by GAMER View Post
Interesting. Is there any tadio that is still made in Japan?
I could be wrong but I think KO is made in Japan
Old 08-16-2018, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Has anyone sent a message to Amain or any of the other big box hobby stores and asked?
Old 08-17-2018, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

The back orders may be filled early.

�� Another Sanwa delivery is here! ��

Today we received another delivery from Sanwa. See full list of Sanwa Back In Stock items at �� www.mibosport.com/cs/manufacturer/sanwa-electronic

Next delivery will already includes Sanwa M17 transmitters �� You can still pre-order here ��www.mibosport.com/en/sanwa-m17-radio-rx-491-receiver

available from 4 Sep 2018

Maybe Sanwa will send AMAIN and www.serpentamerica.com out a big shipment the same time Mibo get theirs.

So not Sept 14th more like Sept the 4th and into your hands Sept the 8th or so.
Old 08-17-2018, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnk View Post
I've seen it go both ways. You also can't expect a business to eat $100 in tariff fees and sell a product at a loss at no fault of their own. Guess we'll see what happens when the radio is actually released.
Yes, you can expect a business to eat $100 or more in a tariff. That is the price to pay for maintaining your reputation.

Amain has enough clout that they won't eat the full price of the tariff anyways, it's just part of the long-term business relationship.

Besides, do you really think that a-main is going to risk their franchise over maybe several dozen radios? Think about how fickle people can be with social media nowadays.
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:16 AM
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
Yes, you can expect a business to eat $100 or more in a tariff. That is the price to pay for maintaining your reputation.

Amain has enough clout that they won't eat the full price of the tariff anyways, it's just part of the long-term business relationship.

Besides, do you really think that a-main is going to risk their franchise over maybe several dozen radios? Think about how fickle people can be with social media nowadays.
Like I said, I've seen it go both ways. If they eat the tariff, great. More power to the consumer and those that pre-ordered at the lower price. What surprises me is that if I was running the business, I would be on top of these tariffs and adjust the price accordingly moving forward. Take the hit on those that pre-ordered at the lower price, but adjust for future pre-orders. These are RC products, not like video game systems where you make up losses on a system on the back end with software.

So I guess my main point of all this is, pre-order now if you want to ensure you get the lowest price.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnk View Post
Like I said, I've seen it go both ways. If they eat the tariff, great. More power to the consumer and those that pre-ordered at the lower price. What surprises me is that if I was running the business, I would be on top of these tariffs and adjust the price accordingly moving forward. Take the hit on those that pre-ordered at the lower price, but adjust for future pre-orders. These are RC products, not like video game systems where you make up losses on a system on the back end with software.
I'm pretty sure Kendall is on top of things, as would be implied by how his business has grown over the years. I'm thinking he has a pretty good handle on how pricing strategies work.

How do you know that he hasn't already worked out a deal where he still makes money in spite of a tariff? Maybe Desoto and/or Sanwa are eating the cost. Maybe this is a deliberate pricing tactic given that futaba has raised prices. I would bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that the customer doesn't know, and will never know.
Motorman007 likes this.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:01 PM
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
I'm pretty sure Kendall is on top of things, as would be implied by how his business has grown over the years. I'm thinking he has a pretty good handle on how pricing strategies work.

How do you know that he hasn't already worked out a deal where he still makes money in spite of a tariff? Maybe Desoto and/or Sanwa are eating the cost. Maybe this is a deliberate pricing tactic given that futaba has raised prices. I would bet there's a lot going on behind the scenes that the customer doesn't know, and will never know.
I don't. Just like you don't either. We're all guessing.

So as I said in my last post: my main point of all this is, pre-order now if you want to ensure you get the lowest price.
Old 08-17-2018, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I believe the tariff would be 25% of the cost which is not $500. It might be $50 in additional cost. We just donít know. Plus if they could charge $50 more for the radio they already would so it is not like they can jack the price up and still sell them.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

25% of $500 is $125. That would put it at $625. I’m not sure they would sell many at that price point?
Old 08-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

25% of $500 is $125. That would put it at $625. Iím not sure they would sell many at that price point?
people actually spend $400 on HMX speedos so I have no doubt people will buy this remote even if it gets marked up.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

25% of $500 is $125. That would put it at $625. Iím not sure they would sell many at that price point?
Would the tariff be based on wholesale or retail pricing?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service