Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sanwa Pro Gen 2 Vortex

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Those features are not new. they are just named different. Here is what google translate has to say

About adjustment of turbo slope and turbo delay (PROGRAM BOX Gen 2 firmware Ver.01.03R001)
Turbo slope and turbo delay can be adjusted by using PROGRAM BOX Gen 2.
● Data 12 (turbo slope) "D12 TB - SLP (23)" Setting range [0 to 100] Immediate at 0, 1% to 100% / 0.1 sec [Initial value: 0 ⇒ immediate] Turbo slope: Addition at turbo start Set the speed of the advance angle amount to be set. As the set value is lowered, the increase speed of the advance angle addition amount becomes gentle. (When 0, the advance angle is added to the immediate set value.)
● Data 13 (Turbo Release Slope) "D13 TB - REL (24)" Setting Range [0 to 100] Immediate at 0, 1% to 100% / 0.1 sec [Initial value: 0 ⇒ immediate] Turbo slope: at the end of turbo Sets the speed of the advance angle amount to be released. Decreasing the set value decreases the speed reduction of advance advance addition amount. (In case of 0, immediate advance is released.)
● Data 14 (turbo delay) "D14 TB-DLY (25)" Setting range [0 to 100] 0 sec to 1.0 sec (0.01 sec increments) [Initial value: 0 → 0 sec] Turbo delay Start from turbo after full throttle Set the delay time to be set. * If the full throttle time is shorter than the set value, the turbo will not operate.
* When using the function please update firmware of PROGRAM BOX Gen 2 to Ver.01.03 R001.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry - just seen that you've google translated.
Old 03-15-2018, 09:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by buggybattle
why would more adjustments make me upset ? The current manual already does a poor job explaining the current adjustments. More adjustments I don't understand are par for the course. Just need to test on the track.

So those new settings show up on the programming box ? Are you not able to adjust them via code 10 on the remote hmm
BTW I think these codes ARE new - the original 10 D codes (D01-D10) are all still there.

This is the full list side by side - with the four new codes added (D11-D14).
And CODE10 programming only covers CODEAux1 - I'm guessing these four new codes will go into CODEAux2 - I'll test and confirm.

Here's the lists from Gen2 - Gen2PRO software I see when using the programming box:
Code:
Settings		
Code	02.002	03.001
M01	CUT-BT	CUT-BT
M02	BACK	BACK
M03	HEAT-P	HEAT-P
M04	BOOST	BOOST
M05	CH-ID	CH-ID
D01	TH-PAN	TH-PAN
D02	N-BR-R	N-BR-R
D03	DRF-F	DRF-F
D04	N-BR-F	N-BR-F
D05	BR-F	BR-F
D06	BOST-R	BOST-R
D07	TURBO	TURBO
D08	BOST-S	BOST-S
D09	BOST-A	BOST-A
D10	DEAD-B	DEAD-B
D11	<new>	F-BR-R
D12	<new>	TB-SLP
D13	<new>	TB-REL
D14	<new>	TB-DLY
It's obviously more control over the Turbo settings. I think your google translation will be a big help.
Old 03-15-2018, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

I have always had 14 settings and I can adjust all 14 from code 10 well 5-14 the first 4 are locked away from code 10. So once I enable boost I can adjust all the above options.

So they might be new for you but not for me lol.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

I have always had 14 settings and I can adjust all 14 from code 10 well 5-14 the first 4 are locked away from code 10. So once I enable boost I can adjust all the above options.

So they might be new for you but not for me lol.
I think you're missing my detail - all CODE 10 codes are still there (D01-D10)
The 4 (5 in fact) that you can't change from the transmitter, are also still there.

There's just four more now... (D11-D14).

BTW - they aren't changeable via CODEAux2, on either CODE10 or on CODE.
There must be a firmware change coming for the ZZ/M12 next...
Old 03-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah I am with you now. Awesome
Old 03-17-2018, 02:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lordzod
Have you seen this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izyn...ature=youtu.be

If I could afford a ticket to japan and go to sanwa headquarters
I would pay the JUN guy a bottle of SAKE

It's not that hard you only have to take your time and have a micro sd card
to use your program box .. I was lucky enough that my SV2 gen 2 already had the firmware that supported the program box . Maybe the firmware inside yours is too old ??
This guy is awesome! the tunes are funny too!
Old 04-06-2018, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Well I got my programming box yesterday and it took seconds to update the firmware to work with the gen 2 pro. As for settings all the extra turbo settings are explained in the manual. Really didn't take the long to figure out what turbo/boost setting did what. Overall I am very happy with the programming box and ease of use of this ESC. Its a shame we can't adjust all the settings from the remote but the few turbo/boost ones we do have on the remote(code10) are nice
Old 04-06-2018, 05:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Well I got my programming box yesterday and it took seconds to update the firmware to work with the gen 2 pro. As for settings all the extra turbo settings are explained in the manual. Really didn't take the long to figure out what turbo/boost setting did what. Overall I am very happy with the programming box and ease of use of this ESC. Its a shame we can't adjust all the settings from the remote but the few turbo/boost ones we do have on the remote(code10) are nice
I took the plunge and ordered a couple of new Gen2 Pros and they should arrive next week or two. Glad to hear the details for the new settings are in the new manual.

I'll just have to wait to get the details of the range for these new settings, and the recommended/default values.
I've killed a few motors just "turning it up to 11" and watching temps - I prefer to start from the recommended values and work towards the extremes, rather than the other way round...

If you have the english manual for the Gen2Pro and want to scan and post it, it would let me upgrade my Gen2's meanwhile...
Old 04-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Donutt
I took the plunge and ordered a couple of new Gen2 Pros and they should arrive next week or two. Glad to hear the details for the new settings are in the new manual.

I'll just have to wait to get the details of the range for these new settings, and the recommended/default values.
I've killed a few motors just "turning it up to 11" and watching temps - I prefer to start from the recommended values and work towards the extremes, rather than the other way round...

If you have the english manual for the Gen2Pro and want to scan and post it, it would let me upgrade my Gen2's meanwhile...
Yeah just keep an eye on the rpms. The value that really kicks up the rpm is boost advanced I think... The manual recommends 1-8 for mod motors. I found anything higher then 1 when free revving was too high. I saw 64k rpm at one point haha. At setting 1 my 10.5 is getting up to 46k free revving. Not sure what it will show on track.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

I recently updated the esc firmware with the programming box & now the esc is acting up.

Before that, I can use SSL & having no problems. Now with the new firmware, my esc stopped working after a few laps (the 4th lap to be exact, every time). Unplugging the lipo will reset it & again after 4 laps it just stop working.
I can only make the esc to function normally only by plugging the esc to the 2nd port.

Any ideas?
Old 05-01-2018, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by airbiscuit
I recently updated the esc firmware with the programming box & now the esc is acting up.

Before that, I can use SSL & having no problems. Now with the new firmware, my esc stopped working after a few laps (the 4th lap to be exact, every time). Unplugging the lipo will reset it & again after 4 laps it just stop working.
I can only make the esc to function normally only by plugging the esc to the 2nd port.

Any ideas?
Nothing definite.

I'd reset the ESC with either the old or new firmware, and start again from default settings. If it does the same on the old firmware and default settings, it'll be more likely its a hardware issue.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by airbiscuit

Any ideas?
I wonder if you're hitting temp cutoff maybe the setting changed when you did the firmware update. I updated mine with no issues. Hope you get it fixed
Old 05-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Donutt
Nothing definite.

I'd reset the ESC with either the old or new firmware, and start again from default settings. If it does the same on the old firmware and default settings, it'll be more likely its a hardware issue.
I don't think I can flash the esc with the previous firmware? Or am I wrong?

I got 2 escs acting up after updating. I am now thinking maybe I used the wrong firmware but if that is the case, the programming box won't work as the box & esc needs to be on the same firmware to work.

I wonder if you're hitting temp cutoff maybe the setting changed when you did the firmware update. I updated mine with no issues. Hope you get it fixed
After 4 laps the motor & esc is not even hot enough. Okay I think I will reflash the firmware again later after work & see how it goes.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

maybe stupid question but do the new esc have reverse? I just got a m12s and usually run hobbywing and savox servo's but thinking of switching everything to sanwa. I run 17.5 stock buggy 2wd and stock 13.5 4wd buggy and thoughts? anybody have the esc-receiver combo? any advice would be great thanks i'm new to sanwa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.