R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Radio and Electronics (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics-137/)
-   -   Sanwa PGS-LH Installation (https://www.rctech.net/forum/radio-electronics/1004407-sanwa-pgs-lh-installation.html)

Nuno Gancho 12-03-2017 10:34 PM

Sanwa PGS-LH Installation

Hello anyone know how we should install and set the servo to enable the SSL mode for touring car.

What até default value of settings.

Is there video how to install and change settings.

WagwanBumba 12-04-2017 01:02 AM

You enable SSL mode from your TX in the bind menu within system.

To program the servo, you either get the program card or there are some parameters you can program with your TX after plugging the servo in to CH 4 or AUX. Can't remember which one

Airwave 12-04-2017 01:06 PM

Don't forget, when you change the mode on a channel you have to rebind your receiver, or the change is not applied.

Nuno Gancho 12-04-2017 02:50 PM

Thanks all, after changing servo settings do right away the re-bind or turn off then ré-bind their receiver.

Anyone that may help with what is default settings and how to change.

moistAF 12-05-2017 07:30 AM

Everything should be on the same bind screen. Toggling the servo mode does nothing.

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho (Post 15095105)
Thanks all, after changing servo settings do right away the re-bind or turn off then ré-bind their receiver.

Anyone that may help with what is default settings and how to change.

dan_vector 12-05-2017 08:35 PM

Make the setting changes on the Tx then switch on the Rx and immediately re-bind. You don't need to power cycle the Tx.

Nuno Gancho 12-06-2017 06:10 PM

Where to change settings in TX

By then end still in Fh4t and SHR mode correct thanks

dan_vector 12-06-2017 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho (Post 15097344)
Where to change settings in TX

By then end still in Fh4t and SHR mode correct thanks

No SSR. It's under the BIND menu.

TryHard 12-08-2017 12:47 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Actually, if you plug the servo into the SSL port on the RX, its already working in SSL mode with the transmitter... But unlocking the rest of the features requires a bit of work ;)

Ok, so if you want telemetry, you'll need to activate it in the BIND menu (SYSTEM - BIND - TELEMETRY to ON).
Next, if you want to activate the programability, you need Racing Mode engaged, and the Aux2Code10 option active.
[1 - Telemetry]

First, turn on the Aux Code 2. In the SYSTEM menu, find the AUX TYPE sub menu. Here, go to AUX2 selection, and set to CODE10.
[2 - AuxCode]

Now sort our the Racing Modes. Go to RACING, then R-MODE (which if you use steering expo, should need to be on already). Turn it from INH to 2, 3, 4 or 5 (the numbers give you more modes. 2 gives you R1, R2. 3 gives R1, R2 and R3, etc.)
[3 - R-Mode]

Whilst in the R-Mode screen, scroll to the bottom and turn on CodeAX2 to ON. (You'll need to do this for each R-Mode too), along with any other options you want.
[4 - R-Mode AuxCodeON]

With all that done, to program the servo... go back into the RACING menu, Select C-AUX2, and bingo, changing the values of CODE-1 through CODE-7, you can tune the servo (I've relabelled them on my Tx to represent the settings.. see image).
[5 - AuxCode Setting]

Repeat the setup for each R-MODE.. and here's the beauty. By using different R-MODES, with different Aux2Code10 settings, you can tune the servo to switch quickly mid race. For example... R-MODE 1 could be a high grip setup, R-MODE 2 lower. Flick between the R-Modes, and you can instantly change the feel. :)
Oh and to setup the R-Mode switch... go to SYSTEM and ASSIGN.. then pick a switch or Trim lever (I have mine on Trim3)

Links to the suggested setting sheets from Sanwa;
Default settings by class - http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf
Team Driver settings - http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/Sett...%20Drivers.pdf
Only thing to note is that to get the full tuning, you still need the PGS setting box...

dan_vector 12-08-2017 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by TryHard (Post 15098436)
Actually, if you plug the servo into the SSL port on the RX, its already working in SSL mode with the transmitter... But unlocking the rest of the features requires a bit of work ;)

Ok, so if you want telemetry, you'll need to activate it in the BIND menu (SYSTEM - BIND - TELEMETRY to ON).
Next, if you want to activate the programability, you need Racing Mode engaged, and the Aux2Code10 option active.
[1 - Telemetry]

First, turn on the Aux Code 2. In the SYSTEM menu, find the AUX TYPE sub menu. Here, go to AUX2 selection, and set to CODE10.
[2 - AuxCode]

Now sort our the Racing Modes. Go to RACING, then R-MODE (which if you use steering expo, should need to be on already). Turn it from INH to 2, 3, 4 or 5 (the numbers give you more modes. 2 gives you R1, R2. 3 gives R1, R2 and R3, etc.)
[3 - R-Mode]

Whilst in the R-Mode screen, scroll to the bottom and turn on CodeAX2 to ON. (You'll need to do this for each R-Mode too), along with any other options you want.
[4 - R-Mode AuxCodeON]

With all that done, to program the servo... go back into the RACING menu, Select C-AUX2, and bingo, changing the values of CODE-1 through CODE-7, you can tune the servo (I've relabelled them on my Tx to represent the settings.. see image).
[5 - AuxCode Setting]

Repeat the setup for each R-MODE.. and here's the beauty. By using different R-MODES, with different Aux2Code10 settings, you can tune the servo to switch quickly mid race. For example... R-MODE 1 could be a high grip setup, R-MODE 2 lower. Flick between the R-Modes, and you can instantly change the feel. :)
Oh and to setup the R-Mode switch... go to SYSTEM and ASSIGN.. then pick a switch or Trim lever (I have mine on Trim3)

Default settings by class - http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf
Only thing to note is that to get the full tuning, you still need the PGS setting box...

That’s all true and great help but just to point out you can only program the servo on a compatible SSL radio with Code 10 such as M12S, Exzes ZZ, MT-44. You can’t use Code 5 on these servos on radios M12, Exzes Z, MT-4s. So make sure you are using a compatible Tx!

Nuno Gancho 12-11-2017 07:07 PM

Excellent will try thanks

Nuno Gancho 01-25-2018 10:13 PM

Indeed great help
Have in minde the code names have been changed example from code01 to SSL in the photos

Would like to know if to be able to program we need to have the 482 receiver or 481 will do

Why have same drivers use EP Buggy default settings on TC car

if we don’t have aux2 ON at the racing mode what will be the servo default settings
If we have the servo on CH1 what will be the default settings

To be able to change settings the servo must be connected to the SSL/BAT port of the receiver correct

Qatmix 03-15-2018 07:31 AM

I am pondering getting a PGS-LH servo, Although I only have an Exzes Z. Will it have the quick response time? or is it something that I can only do with the Exzes ZZ? Or should I just keep my current BLS V2? Thanks

bl4 04-11-2018 05:04 PM

Will this still work if plug into other port? As I am using Sanwa Vortex esc on the SSL port.

SlideMasteR 05-02-2018 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by dan_vector (Post 15098437)
That’s all true and great help but just to point out you can only program the servo on a compatible SSL radio with Code 10 such as M12S, Exzes ZZ, MT-44. You can’t use Code 5 on these servos on radios M12, Exzes Z, MT-4s. So make sure you are using a compatible Tx!

So does that mean you can still use the PGS-lh or Cl on a std m12, or any other radio for that matter, you will just need to program the servo with a multi gear setting box to change parameters ?

MDawson 05-06-2018 07:10 PM

[1 - Telemetry]

[2 - AuxCode]

[3 - R-Mode]

[4 - R-Mode AuxCodeON]

[5 - AuxCode Setting]

You have always been on top of write-ups like this. Thank you!

Set 05-06-2018 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR (Post 15221004)
So does that mean you can still use the PGS-lh or Cl on a std m12, or any other radio for that matter, you will just need to program the servo with a multi gear setting box to change parameters ?

It works like a normal servo if you don't have sanwa mt12s / setting box etc.

JPAPA26 08-01-2018 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by bl4 (Post 15207542)
Will this still work if plug into other port? As I am using Sanwa Vortex esc on the SSL port.

sorry bump old thread but wondering here with the sanwa gen2 esc and sanwa servo with plugs on rx would you use?

buggybattle 08-01-2018 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by JPAPA26 (Post 15271873)

sorry bump old thread but wondering here with the sanwa gen2 esc and sanwa servo with plugs on rx would you use?

sanwa website has instructions on how to do this. But the short answer is a y harness for the ssl port.

buggybattle 08-02-2018 03:15 AM

Here is the link

SANWA

JPAPA26 08-02-2018 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by buggybattle (Post 15271971)
Here is the link

SANWA

thanks now I just need to find one in the states

buggybattle 08-02-2018 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by JPAPA26 (Post 15271989)
thanks now I just need to find one in the states

Its just a y adapter... You can get them anywhere :) amain will have them for sure

JPAPA26 08-03-2018 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by buggybattle (Post 15272384)
Its just a y adapter... You can get them anywhere :) amain will have them for sure

had a y harness buts it is a traxxas one and ran both off the ssl and bat slot and all is working properly thanks guys.

Diva 09-20-2018 07:17 AM

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

I have two PGS-CL servos for GP application. I tried to connect both servos to the SSL port of my 472 receiver via the Y-harness cable as indicated in the instruction here:
SANWA

When I followed the instruction to change the code values, both servos responded to the steering wheel of the transmitter but no effect on the throttle trigger. It seems not sensible that the same code values applied to both the steering and throttle servos. Am I missing something?

Finally, I give up the y-harness and plug the steering and throttle servos to the SSL and Channel 2 respectively. Another strange thing happened - the steering servo becomes very warm (not hot) when I applied the following basic setting for PGS-LH from Sanwa:
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf

Any clue of that?

bl4 09-20-2018 05:56 PM

Has anyone upgrade the new code 10 firmware?
SANWA

Xpress 10-30-2018 03:13 AM

Is it normal for the PGS servos to constantly hunt center? Are the servos slightly noisy in operation? Did I just get a bad one?

JayL 10-30-2018 09:21 AM

it's normal for a sanwa servo to not be great at centering, yes. Pretty much the reason most have always avoided them.

Bry195 10-31-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Xpress (Post 15326054)
Is it normal for the PGS servos to constantly hunt center? Are the servos slightly noisy in operation? Did I just get a bad one?

Depends what you mean by hunting. There is a parameter that tells is how much current to use for 0 spee or initial holding. Bump it up until you here the PWM and then back it off a little. If its initial or holding is way to high it will hunt at 0. You want it hot but not too hot and having tires on the ground is different than tires in the air.

I tuned mine with tires on the ground so it fights cornering load immediately and with all it has. If I pick it up off the ground it will oscillate from how tight the holding loop is. i confirm that it reacts to corner loading by putting wheels on the ground, no pwm sounds until i apply a little pressure to the steering rack with my finger and then you hear the pwm fight against the load I add.

Ive never gotten the CX to return to exactly 0 from a ful right to left sweep but it could be the car. Its plus or minus .5 degrees on 2 cars.

pwm sounds are electrical popping in the servo followed by oscilation.

RobS 02-20-2019 06:04 AM

I know this was kind of asked and answered but I'm not totally clear. I have a original M12 (Code5), so I know I can't adjust servo settings through the radio. If I was to get the program box would I still be able to tune the servo parameters and still feel the changes? Or do I need to have an updated radio system all together? I want to try these servos but don't really want to get a new radio system if I don't have too.

Bry195 02-20-2019 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 15399175)
I know this was kind of asked and answered but I'm not totally clear. I have a original M12 (Code5), so I know I can't adjust servo settings through the radio. If I was to get the program box would I still be able to tune the servo parameters and still feel the changes? Or do I need to have an updated radio system all together? I want to try these servos but don't really want to get a new radio system if I don't have too.

the program box allows you to change all including the ones that the m12 cannot change. They are retained once you save or flash it. The parameters of value control the PID loop for torque. Idle, mid and end torque. They allow you to make each loop “hot” or “cold”. Smooth or tight. If the motion feels spongy you increase the numbers. If it feels too stiff or is at the extreme of oscillating you lower the number.

I suggest setting everything to as hot as you can get it until it oscillates and then back off 10%.

stevephone101 07-06-2019 11:28 PM

hi guys i just got a PGS-CX servo and the multi setting gear box a MT-44 radio and a RX-472 Receiver what i want to know is after i program the settings i want using the box
to use the programmed settings do i have to plug the servo into and leave it in the SSL port of the receiver or i can just plug it into the CH 1 or CH 2 port on the
receiver and use for steering or throttle thank you

wkloppen 01-17-2020 02:22 AM

Hello Gents,

Did the settings on the M12RS. Im running a 471 receiver with sanwa PGS XR steering and low profile LH throttle servo. I see the codes 1 to 10 and they are all set to zero.
I'also checked this link to the default settings http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/news/PGS-...20Category.pdf
I've ogt the follwoing questions:
  1. Code01: What is it used for? Is it the channel you want to program?
  2. How does the actual programming work? Are the (changed) settings pushed each time you bind it?
  3. How can I see the actual / current settings of the servo?

Thx in advance

regards

Willem

DirkW 01-17-2020 04:28 AM

IIRC, RX471 and RX481 do not support SSL.You need RX472/482 for that.

wkloppen 01-17-2020 05:19 AM

You are right. Need to check which RX I have in there...forgot whether it was a 472 or 471 actually...

w.

wkloppen 01-17-2020 10:27 AM

[1 - Telemetry]

[2 - AuxCode]

[3 - R-Mode]

[4 - R-Mode AuxCodeON]

[5 - AuxCode Setting]

Does the above mean with telemetry and all the setting correct, I don't need the steering servo to be in the SSL port on the RX?...Im wandering how this would work if it has to be in de ssl port.

bobblejones 02-07-2020 03:53 AM

I am having issue trying to get my MT44 to write amended CODE10 values back to my PGS-HR servo. I have the program box and can read the values on there but when I connect the servo to SSL port on my RX482 and go to the AUX2 menu on my MT44 (I downloaded the CODE10 template) I see different values. I can amend the values on my MT44 but when I then connect the servo to the program box the values haven't been updated

Anyone help here??

Thanks in advance

JayL 02-07-2020 01:16 PM

The SSL code10 values aren't "written" to the servo, like the program box does. The servo uses those values while connected to the radio, but once the radio is turned off it goes back to the 'written' values saved in the servo.

At least that's what I have found in my testing using my M17 and PGS-LH2

The nice thing about this is it happens instantly, so you can have different settings attached to different race modes on the radio and change settings during, for example a warmup lap.

If you notice, when you 'write' the values to the servo using program box, it take a few seconds to write the values to the servo. Whereas when you use your radio to set values you can use the servo instantly, there is no writing values delay where you couldn't drive the car.

bobblejones 02-07-2020 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by JayL (Post 15592342)
The SSL code10 values aren't "written" to the servo, like the program box does. The servo uses those values while connected to the radio, but once the radio is turned off it goes back to the 'written' values saved in the servo.

At least that's what I have found in my testing using my M17 and PGS-LH2

The nice thing about this is it happens instantly, so you can have different settings attached to different race modes on the radio and change settings during, for example a warmup lap.

If you notice, when you 'write' the values to the servo using program box, it take a few seconds to write the values to the servo. Whereas when you use your radio to set values you can use the servo instantly, there is no writing values delay where you couldn't drive the car.

Thanks - will try out when i go racing tomorrow. What happens to the values if i unplug servo from the SSL port on the receiver and back into CH 1 slot?

JayL 02-10-2020 09:26 AM

The settings will go back to the ones written to the servo with the program box

bl4 04-14-2020 06:40 AM

Need help! I got a new PGS-LH when I plug it into steering port it won’t move when turning the steering, re-bind the receiver still not working. I also tried connecting to the PGS setting g gear program box it always show not connect asking to reboot. What is the issue?

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...768743cd1.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...9c0b37ac9.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...1771a8d6e.jpeg