Like Tree6Likes

Spektrum DX5C

Old 04-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RazorRC View Post
Holy ****. Make sure you disconnect the motor sensor wire when binding this beast, it has a habit of trying to blast your throttle at 100% while it's syncing. Don't just disconnect motor wires, that smoked my cheapo Hobbyking X-car ESC.
I found that out too with an xmaxx
Old 04-03-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Was the speed control plugged into the right port on the receiver? We have tested with multiple esc brands and did not see that happen. Please PM me with any additional details. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002 View Post
Was the speed control plugged into the right port on the receiver? We have tested with multiple esc brands and did not see that happen. Please PM me with any additional details. Thanks.
I don't know, but my guess is that it's not related to any particular ESC, but the receiver likely is coming with the neutral throttle position either set to some weird value from the factory (maybe only some and not all), or during the binding process it will temporarily send it or read it as some weird value. It almost definitely is sending the ESC a non-neutral/0 value during the binding process.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default DX5C roller wheel issue

I recently purchased the transmitter and am finding that the roller wheel behaves erratically. At time I barely touch the wheel (not rolling it) and it moves to another menu selection.
This is very frustrating especially when entering a model name.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

I'll be calling Horizon Hobby about it.
Old 06-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tomoz View Post
I recently purchased the transmitter and am finding that the roller wheel behaves erratically. At time I barely touch the wheel (not rolling it) and it moves to another menu selection.
This is very frustrating especially when entering a model name.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this?

I'll be calling Horizon Hobby about it.
Tomoz - every movement of the wheel, will scroll it. One "click" will be one move up or down. If you feel the wheel is not responding to the movement, send it back for us to look at. Its the same wheel design we have used on other radios with any issues. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have been eyeing up this radio to pick up for my bashers. This would be my first Spectrum. Is there telemetry capability with this one?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello. I've been thinking about getting this radio but a few reviews have stated that the trigger spring is small and weak. That is causes problems with wanting to go forward or reverse all on its own. Has anybody encountered this issue? What issues are people having with this radio. I will be just using this radio with my club racer. How does this radio stack up against the other budget radios? Thanks for any input.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamsandolina View Post
Hello. I've been thinking about getting this radio but a few reviews have stated that the trigger spring is small and weak. That is causes problems with wanting to go forward or reverse all on its own. Has anybody encountered this issue? What issues are people having with this radio. I will be just using this radio with my club racer. How does this radio stack up against the other budget radios? Thanks for any input.
Interesting - have not experienced this with any of the testing done on the 5C. Certainly not that its weak. Have not experienced it making any vehicle from crawler to race car go forward - reverse on its own. Would really like to have someone give me real details on that.

This is a great little 5 Channel radio. Great feature, easy to use, easy to hold. More adjustments and features than a lot of radios in the $100-$130 range. Use it straight forward as a regular radio - combine it with AVC for a whole different type of control. Everything from bashing, to crawling, racing. It has you covered.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. Be glad to help.
Old 07-06-2018, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Monster Mudder View Post
I have been eyeing up this radio to pick up for my bashers. This would be my first Spectrum. Is there telemetry capability with this one?
Not with this guy. We do telemetry directly with the DX5R and DX6R. You can also access telemetry with the DX2e using the Spektrum Dashboard App with your iPhone or Android device. Of course you have to make sure you have a telemetry receiver for all that fun stuff to work.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one from Amain. First spektrum radio I've owned. Hopefully I'll be happy. It will be used for e buggy club racing. I like the info screen, its better than any other radio screen in this price point.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

It's a good radio. I currently own all of the direct competitors (Futaba 3PV and Sanwa MX-6) too, and you should be happy with your purchase.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

It's a good radio. I currently own all of the direct competitors (Futaba 3PV and Sanwa MX-6) too, and you should be happy with your purchase.
have you encountered any problems or glitches as of yet? I've read some pretty bad customer reviews on Amain and such. Kinda nervous. I've always owned futaba radios.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Tech Regular

have you encountered any problems or glitches as of yet? I've read some pretty bad customer reviews on Amain and such. Kinda nervous. I've always owned futaba radios.
The only problem I've had was the binding problem I talked about in post #2 of this thread. But I don't do anything too crazy power-draw wise with this radio/receiver, just normal steering and throttle with a Savox 1258TG and Hobbywing XR10 Justock ESC.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Tech Adept

The only problem I've had was the binding problem I talked about in post #2 of this thread. But I don't do anything too crazy power-draw wise with this radio/receiver, just normal steering and throttle with a Savox 1258TG and Hobbywing XR10 Justock ESC.
ok. I will be using this radio system with a 8ight e 4.0 with a power hd b3 servo and hobbystar 150 amp esc with 1900kv motor. The esc will be set at 6v/3a. I hope I don't have any power draw issues. I will be using a 4s lipo.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

ok. I will be using this radio system with a 8ight e 4.0 with a power hd b3 servo and hobbystar 150 amp esc with 1900kv motor. The esc will be set at 6v/3a. I hope I don't have any power draw issues. I will be using a 4s lipo.
That is really going to depend more on the BEC within the speed control than the DX5C. I have used it with 1/10 and 1/8 cars. Might even use with a 1/5 this weekend... haven't decided what TX to use yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service