Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best 550/540 motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default best 550/540 motor

hey guys, i currently have a little dromida sc 4.18 with a titan 550 motor out of a 2wd stampede with and xl-5 esc and im looking for a better motor/esc(that can run on 3s lipo)
but im looking for something cheap and it has to be smooth(like how you can slowly take of with a brushed motor or censored brushless motor)and id like it to not exceed more then about 60ish $
so what would be a good go-fast motor(i dont really mind heat as i can do single passes and then let it cool in case that matters)
thanks for any help in advance
Old 11-27-2017, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

check out the sensored combos on eBay for the GoolRC brand... been running their 1/8 sensored motors in my Tekno cars for the past year without any issues, though I haven't ran their ESC's personally but I heard good things about them for the price.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

alright ill check em out!
Old 11-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

From what I read it is a 1/18 modelcar with a 300/370 size motor in which you have dropped a 550 motor?

So you have noticed that bigger isn't always better.....

Be carefull with a faster 540 brushed or even brushless types, the small batteries in your car could be damaged by the power these fast motors can ask from the battery.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Tech Adept

it has more then just a big motor it has pretty much what would be in a 1:10,big esc,normal size receiver and a 1800Mah 3s lipo wich will soon be 4s
part breakage is a problem(but that is half the challenge!)... ive when trough 3 spur gears already and has been run about 9 times
while this may cause mass breakage, the final(once everything is metal)product will go fast or die trying!
the most important thing im looking for in the new motor and esc is that there is no cogging or VERY little because the spur gears are incredibly fragile(well i guess you will get that with this much torque) and require tonnes of finesse to get going