Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Questin on rental rc at track >

Questin on rental rc at track

Questin on rental rc at track

Old 04-16-2017, 07:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Questin on rental rc at track

Looking to maybe getting a couple rental trucks at our local track. Figured a couple of slashes to let people try it out. Was gonna charge like $25 and give them 2 charged lipos. Does that seem fair? And should they be made to pay for any parts they break or is that included?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My local track is $20 for a truck and then $10 per battery. So your price seems fair. I don't think they charge for simple stuff like broken a-arms.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I used to race at a track which rented rc cars. They had crawler motors in them. Usually they ended up having a demolition derby so this is why the crawler motors. My club however has few cars donated so that if someone wants to race, they can race. They are associated 2wds.
Old 04-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My local track does mass rental races with slashes for birthday parties or whatever. It's a demolition derby and prevents anyone else from using the track for an hour or two. I think they have three batteries per car.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Typically you would find a way to include the cost of any broken parts into the average rental rate. You'd have a lot of unhappy people if you made them pay for common broken parts (a-arms, spur gears, servos, etc). If you're not the owner of the track/LHS, you might be able to get away with charging them for breaking bigger items (dropping a radio or having the car get run over by a real car). Try to avoid charging for anything broken,, though.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Our local track rents slashes, 25/hour or 15/half hour, all the batteries you can run. I think they're put in training mode unless the person demonstrates some skill.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rather Race View Post
Looking to maybe getting a couple rental trucks at our local track. Figured a couple of slashes to let people try it out. Was gonna charge like $25 and give them 2 charged lipos. Does that seem fair? And should they be made to pay for any parts they break or is that included?
That seems like a really good rate, very fair. Out tracks rents old SC10's with potential maintenance factored into the cost of the rental.