TEAMNITRO @ SOUTHLAND EXPO, LYNWOOD IL.  2017 >

TEAMNITRO @ SOUTHLAND EXPO, LYNWOOD IL. 2017

Like Tree1Likes

TEAMNITRO @ SOUTHLAND EXPO, LYNWOOD IL. 2017

Old 03-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default TEAMNITRO @ SOUTHLAND EXPO, LYNWOOD IL. 2017

TeamNitro is happy to announce our 2nd season at the Southland Expo. The club is looking forward to another fun racing season. We will again host two Midwest Series races. The first race is June 10,11. The second race will be September 16,17. We are fine tuning the schedule to accommodate a point series. It will be based on a 6 or 8 race schedule. Check back for more information and those dates.

Our March meeting is being held on the 19th at the Country House Restaurant in Alsip Il. It will start at 9:00am. All interested people are welcome.

Special Thanks to Dan Louis of Laser Products for donating a new laptop to complement our LiveTime scoring system. Also for the generous donation of 2 months rent!!! We're off to a great start!

Please check back for updates. We're looking for a first test and tune date of April 30th. GoodRacing to all!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

April 30th coming soon.

Any updates?
Old 04-13-2017, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

I'm posting this from the TeamNitro FB page. Things are coming together nicely. Looking forward to a great season with many improvements!

I was contacted by a couple of racers about scheduling and when the track will officially open.
In general, we race every Sunday that we are not out of town at a MWS Race or the GLC. A few of us may be at the Nats in Lincoln NE. 9-29/ 10-01. Then, their is a good chance the track will not open.We have permission to set the track up the weekend of Apr. 29th. I'm confident I'll be taking some hot laps sometime Sunday afternoon. May 7th will be our official first race day.
The track is always available to run on at any time. Please post on here or RCTech if you are going to be practicing. Please leave the facility like you found it. Garbage cans are available. Restrooms are available in the Expo center.
Reminder, Although TeamNitro is a fuel inspired club, most club racers have EL. sedans and run them occasionally. We will race any car class with a minimum of 3 racers. We love Mod Sedan!!
On race days,the track is always cleaned and treated with traction compound. It is ready to run on at 10am. Racing starts at Noon.
Looking forward to a great season! GoodRacing, Nick
Old 04-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

We are on schedule as far as getting to our official first race day of May 7th. Stay tuned!

The club has applied to host a Region 5 ROAR fuel race on June 24th. When/if we get confirmation, we'll have more details. This would be an exciting event that would be stand alone event. It is replacing the Byron's Race that is usually held that weekend. I confirmed with Scott at Leisure that Byron's did indeed decide not have the annual race. Again, stay tuned for more info! Get those cars ready! GoodRacing!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Nick
last year for the early series race you procured motel discounts , will you / someone else from the club be pursuing anything this year (sure hope so the Red Roof is dismal at best )
Old 04-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

I don't think one racer stayed at the hotels I dealt with.. I'll nose around for some rates. I have a couple of ideas.

Can't wait to chase you around this year...
Old 04-27-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
I don't think one racer stayed at the hotels I dealt with.. I'll nose around for some rates. I have a couple of ideas.

Can't wait to chase you around this year...
Yeah I made the mistake of cheaping out and staying at the Red Roof - not good , hopefully you guys can hook us up.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

The test and tune went reasonably well Sunday. The track was loose... It will get the treatment it deserves. The track will be much,much better this Sunday. Several suggestions were made to fine tune the layout. That will be addressed also. Enough people asked to have the tracked prepped this weekend in anticipation of the MWS Race in Toledo May 20th. So,, this Sunday, Mom's Day, we will have the track ready for 10am. Timing will be up, but I don't know for how long. I myself am leaving at 1pm. Have Fun!
Old 05-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default May test

I will be there soon . More like the end of may....
Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Our break to race at the MWS Race in Toledo is over. This Sunday will be our usual race day. Track is in great shape and will be cleaned and prepped by 10am. The new layout is very close to what we ended up with last year. Just a huge chicane on the north end. One of the racers will have a drone out Sunday. I'll get vids up next week. But, heck, come out and see for yourself..
Old 05-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

TeamNitro is hosting the second race of the Midwest Series. June 9th and 10th. Practice on Friday. All the different races are nicknamed. This race is the Midwest Nitro Cup. The MWS is really stepping up. Great sponsors and the Series Director hired a Race Director to run all 6 races. This is huge! It looks some out of town racers are making the trip. Can't wait to get a great group of racers at the Expo!

Important reminder: Only Toledo has the updated AMB scoring. You must have a 2 wire transponder. GoodRacing, Nick
Old 06-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Update: The track is in great shape. The track will be open for practice Friday at Noon. You can practice until you can't see your car. The regular MWS schedule will follow for the weekend.

For the Racers running Serpent equipment, we are going to group ourselves behind the Director's trailer. My pit trailer will be there also, It can serve as a cooling station if it turns into a "5 mi. from the Sun" day. It shouldn't, but the weather looks great, right now.

In general. Bring a table and chair. A canopy is recommended. Their is no electric available. Most club members have a generator. A snack bar is located in the Expo. As in the past, Her Bakery will be in site. Great baked goods and I believe, pulled pork sandwiches on Sat. and Hot Dogs Sun. She'll also have Coffee, soft drinks and water.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. GoodRacing, Nick
Old 06-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Here are the results for yesterdays race. We had great weather and the track was in great shape with tons of traction. Thanks to the guys who traveled from outta state to come out and race.Looking forward to this weekend already! Have a great week!
https://teamnitrorc.liverc.com/results/…
TeamNITROracetrack :: First Summer Sunday :: LiveRC
Live and archived results, scoring, and video on LiveRC.com.
TEAMNITRORC.LIVERC.COM
Old 07-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

Of course we're racing tomorrow. It's Sunday and the forecast looks awesome. 2 weeks until we travel to Toledo for Rd. 3 of the MWS. The track is grooved up and even today, a racer was making good hot laps on an untreated track. And me, I was cutting grass.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

The new layout is in. A few details to take of and it'll be ready. This Sunday will be a great time to get some laps before the following weekends MWS Race #5 of 6. The Fall Brawl! The forecast looks great! Don't hesitate. Our season is winding down.

Please keep our Florida racers and track brothers in your thoughts. May they fair well and get by without to much drama.. GoodRacing, Nick

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service