Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Snowbird Nationals Motors being banned I have questions >

Snowbird Nationals Motors being banned I have questions

Snowbird Nationals Motors being banned I have questions

Old 02-09-2017, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Snowbird Nationals Motors being banned I have questions

I was talking to someone today at my local track that told me that over 70 motors were banned at the snowbird nationals for spec classes. I was also told that the majority of those motors were Trinity made motors. I was also told that those who had their motors banned were made to buy new ones or use a different motor if they had one. Can anyone confirm this that was actually there? Also were any other manufacturers motors banned? I was told it was a stator related problem but I'm also wondering if the rotors weren't legal 12.5 size? Can anyone shed some light on this?

My interest mainly is because I race spec classes and I also have been using nothing but Trinity motors because in my opinion they are faster then the other motors available. I don't want to go to a big event and be told that I can't use the motors I have that are supposed to be legal that were already ROAR approved. REcently I made a switch to Fantom motors, their first series of motors (FR-1/V1) since they have moved on from Trinity. Were any of these motors banned from Snowbird as well? I know that each manufacturer is always trying to push the envelope and gain an edge, that is never gonna change but I don't want to get caught with my pants down. Any info is much appreciated thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2017, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by LiL CeeZ View Post
I don't want to get caught with my pants down.
If you do, make sure Sydor isn't around!
Old 02-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Oh imagine that. Trinity motors banned. If you know anything about the owner, you'd be chuckling much like I am right now.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys im not a big ernie fan myself i got caught many years ago with some 27 deg stock brush motors that where 26 turn motors and it broke me from using there motors from that day on,
but in his defence hes always on top of the motors as to try to have the best right or wrong i just look at it this way put it in the hands of the tech and roll on because he did sell a lot of other nice stuff back then i think noiw hes moreless a motor mfg he sells batterys and thats a whole other story
even though i dont agree with a lot of his ways im sure he feels the same about me and thats kool as long as we both try to promote the hobby in any way .
good luck buddy
Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Trinity did NOT Have the most motors that were not allowed at the event. Two other manufactures had way more than Trinity did. We will leave it at that.

EA
Old 02-10-2017, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It would be nice to know what really happened. What other motors are illegal.
Who are the manufacturers?