R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Introducing: CEFX Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/93806-introducing-cefx-raceway.html)

Josh Cyrul 12-13-2005 10:57 PM

Introducing: CEFX Raceway

Hello Everyone!!

If you didn't know, the Halo Hobbies track that my wife and I ran in Toledo is closing. We are now moving up to Westland Michigan to a new place that should allow us to really build a top notch facility to host some great racing.

Here's a bit of info:

It is the green and white building that everyone is speaking of - Basically, exit from 275 onto Ford Rd. (east) and head down around 1.5 miles and make a left on Executive Dr. It's the 2nd industrial building on the left hand side behind the GFS Foods building. . The building is almost 10,000sqft with 7,500 of that being dedicated to race track/pit area. The rest will be the hobby shop and CEFX. We didn't plan on the building being all done up in the green and white but it really worked out that way!!

The new place is called "CEFX Raceway". Double the insurance to insure two companies running and operating from the same building seems a bit crazy. There are other small matters but that was the main issue. Sad, but the Halo name is being left behind with the old place in Toledo....

As far as parking - there are 25 spaces and I will check with the bowling alley to see about allowing for our overflow if need be.

Places to eat - It's Ford Rd...lol... Name it, it's within 15 minutes either way from the track!

Schedule - We will be returning to our full Halo schedule as soon as we are completly moved up to Westland. Basically:

Monday - Closed
Tues-Friday 2pm-9pm
Saturday 10am-9pm with racing starting around 6pm (earlier if needed)
Sunday 9am-6pm with racing starting around noon.

This is the schedule to get things up and running but it may change slightly as we possibly add racing/series on week nights. We also may alter hours to accomidate everyone better as now we have the luxery to not have to operate during specific mall hours.

Current Status:

Tommorow - Painting
Thursday - Possible painting, phones going in.
Friday - Hopefully down in Toledo finishing packing up and hopefully moving some stuff up.
Saturday/Sunday - If all is on schedule, major moving and if all that goes well possibly setting up hobby shop and preping things to lay the carpet and set-up the track.

A very special thanks goes out to Randy!!! He has seriously hooked us up and is in the process of painting the complete inside for us!! Everyone, next time you see him, thank him for helping us give everyone a killer place to race!!

The goal is to be moved in and up and running so we can be racing no later than New Years Eve!!

Lastly, we will check out the Vision Lanes parking lot to check what kind of condition it is in. If it looks decient, I will check with them to see if it would be possible to do some outside racing during the summer. No garantees but I will check into it.

I will post updates on how things are going over the next few days along with hours when we will be at the new place so if anyone is in the area they can feel free to stop in and check it out.

Back to work!!

Josh

RoyU 12-14-2005 10:15 PM

Hey Josh, good luck with your new place

You people on the mainland are so lucky to have many different tracks to go to and experience many different drivers/racers

GMartinez 12-15-2005 02:53 PM

Josh Congratulations & good luck in the new venture
? that piece ron atomic built for the kyosho one way will he be doin more of them & if so where can i purchase one

alb 02-19-2006 06:09 PM

Can someone give me an address so I can Map Quest it!

TimXLB 02-20-2006 10:03 PM

Alb:

Hi,

Here ya go.

5717 E. Executive Dr.
Westland, MI. 48185

it's a great place to race!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

alb 02-21-2006 05:28 AM

Thanks, Got it.