Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Swearing at the track >

Swearing at the track

Swearing at the track

Reply

Old 06-26-2016, 05:35 PM
  #91  
JAE
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,954
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

edit - no point. Can justify anything with the below relativism



Originally Posted by Shem1 View Post
Why stop at the track? How about the grocery store too? In fact, I expect everyone to behave in the same manner and believe the same things as I do. After all, I am right. I don't want my kids ever hearing foul language. Why don't we just pass a law prohibiting profanity in all public areas? Hell, why don't we all impose our personal beliefs and social mores upon the entire world? The world will thank us for it later.

Etiquette is socially constructed and therefore relative to each group within a society. And making normative statements about “good” or “bad” language is tantamount to expressing your personal beliefs. On the one hand, some people’s lexicon of obscene words just doesn’t correspond to yours. On the other hand, some people just don’t have a moral problem with obscenity. It’s ignorant to presume otherwise, and arrogant to expect others to instinctively recognize the supremacy of your values.

Last edited by JAE; 06-26-2016 at 08:03 PM.
JAE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 07:10 PM
  #92  
a1
Tech Addict
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

geez, talk about full retard.
a1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 09:33 AM
  #93  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,046
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dsms4ever View Post
I'm going to step in it here....the world we live in is full of impure speech, pornography, violence, destruction, ignorance, arrogance, etc. it is not what we are exposed to that defiles us but what comes out of our mouths. Immorality doesn't have an age restriction. It's humorous to me that adults elevate themselves above children when it comes to improper behavior. Isn't that what terrorists do?? Elevate their standard above what is truly good for everyone? Just saying.
It's a bit ironic that a guy who quotes the above post with "" seemingly having such high moral standards then posts this....

Originally Posted by a1 View Post
geez, talk about full retard.
FYI, insulting other members and name calling is against the rules.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:12 AM
  #94  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: windsor ontario
Posts: 824
Default

Originally Posted by dsms4ever View Post
I'm going to step in it here....the world we live in is full of impure speech, pornography, violence, destruction, ignorance, arrogance, etc. it is not what we are exposed to that defiles us but what comes out of our mouths. Immorality doesn't have an age restriction. It's humorous to me that adults elevate themselves above children when it comes to improper behavior. Isn't that what terrorists do?? Elevate their standard above what is truly good for everyone? Just saying.
For starters, it's called setting an example. Secondly, I and most people don't want to listen to some jacka$$ who can't watch his filthy mouth while racing toy cars for bowling trophies. Grow up
buster8787 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:47 AM
  #95  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,046
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buster8787 View Post
For starters, it's called setting an example. Secondly, I and most people don't want to listen to some jacka$$ who can't watch his filthy mouth while racing toy cars for bowling trophies. Grow up
That's a bit of a valid point, but myself and my kids don't go to the track expecting a church service type of atmosphere either. IMO, everyone should expect some sort of "middle ground". Again, that's my opinion.

If your track atmosphere is that of a Hell's Angles rally then expect that type of behavior, or don't go there. If your track has mass before racing, then you should probably act accordingly, or don't go there.
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:26 AM
  #96  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: windsor ontario
Posts: 824
Default

the problem is around here that there is only one track within a 2 hr drive. I'm no choir boy either but be a gentleman in public. You want to swear like a sailor build your own track in your backyard. Nuff said
buster8787 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:38 AM
  #97  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

It's called courtesy and respect of other people.

Kevin
Ksheren is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:44 AM
  #98  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,046
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buster8787 View Post
the problem is around here that there is only one track within a 2 hr drive. I'm no choir boy either but be a gentleman in public. You want to swear like a sailor build your own track in your backyard. Nuff said
I've said it before, and I'm only speaking for myself. I slip some foul language more than I like to admit, rarely if ever the ranting lunatic driver on the stand stuff, more the general conversation stuff. BUT I do try to be mindful of who's in the area.

I'm certainly not perfect, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a "terrorist" either
racer1812 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 06:41 PM
  #99  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: windsor ontario
Posts: 824
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
I've said it before, and I'm only speaking for myself. I slip some foul language more than I like to admit, rarely if ever the ranting lunatic driver on the stand stuff, more the general conversation stuff. BUT I do try to be mindful of who's in the area.

I'm certainly not perfect, but I wouldn't exactly call myself a "terrorist" either
Me too, I used to race short course at Larry's BTW

PS you don't have to be a terrorist to swear
buster8787 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service