Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Carolinas Onroad Classic

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

a lot of class acts that happened this weekend. i didnt know of the donated bounty money or the F1 gift either. i'm happy for the little guy, going through all of that i'm sure made his day/year.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default results

Carolinas Onroad Classic-fb_img_1449581982299.jpg

Carolinas Onroad Classic-fb_img_1449581985608.jpg

Carolinas Onroad Classic-fb_img_1449581988649.jpg

Carolinas Onroad Classic-fb_img_1449581991705.jpg
Old 12-08-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys I cant say enough about this event. It was everything I could imagine. It was everything....

Great road trip with my wife, daughter and puppy through the mountains....during the holiday season.

Nice hotel options, we stayed at Laquinta. Indoor pool and really good breakfast.

A track location most would die for. Inside the freaking mall. Not to mention super friendly and helpful staff and racers. Fully stock and huge hobby shop with good prices.

Track was fun and flowing with med to high grip on late Saturday and Sunday. Really good size for the classes run.

Great prizes to go around, and a surprise visit from Santa, no Rudy lol...

Super racing and a tight finish and qualifying grid that made for competition of a national level event. And nice trophies to go to the victors

But even with all of that and some....it still wasn't as nice as the racers that dedicated money time and part of themselves to help others.

As mentioned by others I saw something that is so rare in todays world that I feel it has made me a better person just to witness it. Having a 50/50 raffle with a true purpose is a gift all to itself. But when you see racers/people coming out of their pockets to continue to donate, made me overwhelm inside.

I have seen a lot in my life and this chain reaction of love and good will, is something we all should cherish for all our days....I know I will.

Hey Lil Man, I hope and pray you have the best Christmas ever, and an even better one next year, and year after that. We owe you...you warmed a lot of hearts this weekend and maybe, just maybe, made someone realize what the holidays are really about.

You will forever be a gift to so many people

Cya soon
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard

ps Manny, thanks
Old 12-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ditto to everything that Myron said. It choked me up to see the overwhelming support for the young man with cancer. Thank you to everyone who opened up their hearts for him!

Having SPECTATORS at an RC race was pretty cool. I had people asking me about the cars, racing, etc., while they were in the hobby shop shopping for Xmas gifts. Seeing the expressions on peoples' faces while the cars were tearing around the track was priceless!

Thanks to the organizers and Ho B Max for putting on a great event. If it's not on your schedule for next year, it should be!

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Carolinas Onroad Classic-ho-b-max.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 06:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I want to thank everyone that came out to race this past weekend. People from Ga, Tn, Md, Vi, Pa, Nc, and Sc came out for the weekend. There was ALOT of great racing. I meet alot of people i have only talked with via online and phone, met new people and seen old friends. EVERYONE came together as a family for a very special cause. i can not put into words how I feel what this RC FAMILY did for one of our own racers.
I want to thank all our sponsors, Novak, Fantom, F1RC Lab, Tuning Haus, TOP, RC America, BLAST RC, Xtreme Racing, Shumacher, Gravity RC, Motiv RC, Express Motorsports, G Force, Xpert Servos, MACLAN Electronics, and most of all, HO-B Max RC Park.
Pease support those who supported us.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Thanks for having us Bill . It was nice to see the thirst for fun, a little higher then the thirst to win . Reminds me of the RC grassroots racing of many years ago. Nice to see Bill's passion for bring the event together. Very reassuring to see Jose track side and in the pits, making sure everything ran smooth.

A+ HoBmax crew !!
Old 12-17-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

where can I find pics from the race?
Old 12-17-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ho-b max has a Facebook page. I've seen some there.