Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
14th Annual Race Against Cancer Sept 10-13, 2015 - McCullough's Raceway - Sarver, PA >

14th Annual Race Against Cancer Sept 10-13, 2015 - McCullough's Raceway - Sarver, PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

14th Annual Race Against Cancer Sept 10-13, 2015 - McCullough's Raceway - Sarver, PA

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)
Default 14th Annual Race Against Cancer Sept 10-13, 2015 - McCullough's Raceway - Sarver, PA

The 14th Annual East Coast Race Against Cancer will be held September 10-13, 2015 at McCullough's Raceway in Sarver, PA.

Each year this very special race grows as does the hearts of our sponsors and the racers who attend the event. Last year's race set yet another record with an amazing $23,000 raised during the long weekend for the American Cancer Society! This brings our 13 year total donation to ACS at over $111,000.00. This accomplishment cannot be done without the sponsors, racers and event participants. So please put this race on your calendar and the pass the word.

Registration for the 2015 Race Against Cancer is now OPEN. PAID entries received by August 14th will receive a complimentary 2015 RAC T-shirt. You may register two ways…
RCSignup.com - http://tracks.rcsignup.com/tracks/pr...nt.cfm?id=4431
Mail in registration. Print the 2015 RAC Entry Form and mail to the address on the form. 2015 RAC Mail-in Registration Form

East Coast RAC on Facebook

Similar schedule to last year's RAC...
Pits will open 12PM Thursday, September 10th. Anyone wishing to set up earlier must contact McCullough's directly to make the appropriate arrangements.

Practice - Open practice on Thursday from 3-9PM for a $10 donation to the RAC. Paid practice drivers will receive a single ticket for a drawing held 8PM Thursday evening. Winner receives a $100 Gift Certificate for major online RC retailer. The winner need not be present, I will ensure they get their prize if they leave the track prior to the drawing on Thursday evening. Controlled practice will start Friday @ 8AM and complete at 12PM, this practice session is included with your paid race entry. Practice sessions on Saturday and Sunday mornings are ONLY for those racers who were not present the prior day. These will be short one hour sessions and we will know exactly who these people are.

Qualifying - we're bringing back qual points for 2015. It will be your best 2 runs out of 3 with re-sorting after rounds 1 and 2.

Mains - 10 per race with 2 bumps. Electric 10 min A-mains, 7 min B & below. Nitro 30 min A-main, 20 min B-main, 10 min C & below. Awards - for each class, top 3 and TQ.

Tentative timeline of events. Please note there will be a track build day and track clean-up day announced in the coming months via McCullough's & RAC Facebook pages.

2015 Race Against Cancer - Tentative Schedule of Events
Thursday, September 10 - 8am-12pm: Track/Facility Prep Work…set up large tents in field.
Thursday, September 10 - 12pm: Pits Open
Thursday, September 10 - 2:30pm: Check-in/Registration Opens, Ticket sales for practice Opens
Thursday, September 10 - 3-9pm: Open Practice for $10 donation (pull raffle ticket @ 8pm)

Friday, September 11 - 8am: Check-in/Registration Opens
Friday, September 11 - 8am-12pm: Controlled Practice w/paid entry
Friday, September 11 - 12pm: Check-in/Registration closes for Round 1.
Friday, September 11 - 12:30pm: Drivers Meeting
Friday, September 11 - 1pm: Qualifying Round 1

Saturday, September 12 - 7:30am: Check-in/Registration for Saturday arrivals & Saturday Raffle ticket sale opens.
Saturday, September 12 - 7:30-8:30am: Restricted Practice (ONLY for Friday afternoon/evening & Sat morning arrivals)
Saturday, September 12 - 8:45am: Drivers Meeting and group photograph
Saturday, September 12 - 9am: Qualifying Rounds 2 & 3
Saturday, September 12 - Immediately after Round 3…Saturday big item raffle drawings, Social events, etc.

Sunday, September 13 - 7:30am: Check-in/Registration for Sunday arrivals & Sunday Raffle ticket sale opens.
Sunday, September 13 - 7:30-8:30am: Restricted Practice (ONLY for Sunday arrivals)
Sunday, September 13 - 9am: Drivers Meeting
Sunday, September 13 - 9:15am: Start of Mains
Sunday, September 13 - 11:30am: Sunday big item raffle drawings

Remember first and foremost this is a charity event and our goal is to raise money for the American Cancer Society in a fun, safe and family oriented atmosphere. We understand this is big RC race though its very different from other large races and because of that we appreciate your understanding and patience. We’ve made our best attempt to plan accordingly but as you know various circumstances may require deviations to the schedule of events.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the RAC. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at this year's 14th Annual RAC.

Please join us as we ‘Racing for a cause…racing for a cure’.

For more information, please contact:
Scott Siegel
Trustee, Racers Against Cancer Enterprises
[email protected]

Last edited by scrapsz; 06-17-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Tagging this thread. Will try to make this race!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What tires and compounds for 4w Buggy and Ebuggy are recommended....
Old 07-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For e-buggy you will want something like Pink Megabites for when the track is damp and cool. Like during the early morning and night time qualifiers. When the sun is out and the track starts to groove up you will want either a soft Impact, Blockade, Holeshot, Reflex, Rasps or any other blue groove tire.

As for 4wd buggy.... Something along the lines of the above mentioned tires. And more than likely you will want to run more super soft compounds than soft.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does anyone know what are good tires for this track?
Old 07-25-2015, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Blockade / Impact, Holeshot / Grids and a set of Pink Megabites.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Reminder registration is OPEN for the 2015 RAC.

PAID registration by 8/15 receives free event T-shirt.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Final reminder...all PAID entries received by 8/15 (yes this is 4 days from now) will receive a complimentary 2015 RAC T-shirt upon their check-in at the race.

If you will be paying via Paypal through RCsignup.com by 8/15, please check the T-shirt size under your user profile. I will be ordering your shirt based on that size.

T-shirts will be available for purchase at the RAC for $15 each mainly in sizes L, XL & 2XL. Please contact me if you would like to reserve additional shirts for purchase. Sizes S, M, 3XL, & 4XL are very limited so if you know you are going to purchase one or more of these sizes, let me know ASAP, preferably by 8/15.

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Is there still a set up for people in wheelchairs?
Old 08-16-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Hi Dan. The drivers stand is accessible via wheel chair. If you're coming to the race, let me know by Wednesday 9/9 and I will personally mark you off a 10x10 spot in front, near the drivers stand. Text is probably best...four one two 817 eight zero zero four
Old 08-16-2015, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome thanks!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

As we get closer to the 14th Annual RAC, I would like to acknowledge our amazing sponsors and supporters to this year's race...

PLATINUM Level
Absolute Hobbys
ACS Hobbies
Alpha Plus
Amain.com
Brooks Buick & GMC
BWP Bats
George's Heating & Cooling
Island Raceway & Hobby
JConcepts
Kyosho
LCRC Raceway
Long's Auto Body
Lutz RC
McCullough's RC Raceway
Moody Sales
Pemar Auto Repair
Proline
Stoltenberg Consulting
Team Associated
Team Losi Racing
Tekno RC
The Siegel Family
Venom
Vinyl Graphics Unlimited

Gold Level
B-Fast R/C Performance
Classic Impressions Racewear
Comer Construction
Hobbico
HRP Distribution
Intelometry
In Memory of Joseph Luntz
Mugen Seiki Racing
Picco
RC Addict
Reedy
Ridgeway Bodies
Serpent
Xray
XFactoryRC

Silver Level
AKA
In Memory of Cheri Mazzanti
In Memory of Erik Lohr
In Memory of Howard Dunlop
In Memory of Kay Wagner
In Memory of Melva Amszi
Kabel's Beer Distributor
Mars Bethel Golf
SMC
Sweep Racing USA
Team Tekin
The Heidkamp Family
The Stoltz Family
Tiltyard

On behalf of Racers Against Cancer Enterprises I'd like to personally thank everyone for their extremely generous product and cash donations to the 2015 RAC. Without their support our event would be a small fraction of what it is today.

I ask everyone who reads this post to thank our sponsors by supporting them when you purchase products and services. Its the least we can do to thank them for their dedicated support to our cause.

Last edited by scrapsz; 09-04-2015 at 07:37 AM. Reason: added new sponsors
Old 09-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

just under a week to to go to the 2015 rac...great time and an excellent cause...can't wait!

I am donating my tlr 8e 3.0 race roller with a new clear body and a new set of proline tires to be raffled of again this year at the rac...it was recently rebuilt and is in good shape so bring a few extra dollars to get some raffle tickets...thanks

See yall next week!
Old 09-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Anthony Mazzara
just under a week to to go to the 2015 rac...great time and an excellent cause...can't wait!

I am donating my tlr 8e 3.0 race roller with a new clear body and a new set of proline tires to be raffled of again this year at the rac...it was recently rebuilt and is in good shape so bring a few extra dollars to get some raffle tickets...thanks

See yall next week!
Thank you so very much Anthony! We truly appreciate your long time dedicated support to our cause. Each and every year the raffle for your buggy is a huge success.

I'm looking forward to seeing you at the RAC...safe travels my friend.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

What are the results for the event? It would be great to see this event go over the top with more huge donations and support from manufacturer's and drivers. Then you have Anthony M. for caring enough to donate personal belongings to help raise money for a great cause. If he can donate a item to raise money, what kind of support could manufacturers provide? I imagine they already offer door prizes for the racers but that doesn't add to the cause. Scott, keep up the great work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.