Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Eastern States Challenge...Family Hobbies Raceway Vineland, NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Had a great time running baby car yesterday.. Track was awesome !!! Thanks Ron, Linda and Anthony..
Old 09-06-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Great time all weekend! Thanks to everyone who came out! There was some really close racing both days. I'll have my highlights up soon. Until then here are a couple that stand out in my mind tonight:

Lance had 15 laps......for several minutes anyway. Next time!

Jeff enjoyed racing under the lights for the first time.

John Bivona in a good mood even after transponder issues.

Great to see George as always. Oh yeah, good runs yesterday George.

Anthony, you're the best! Thanks for all your help all weekend. Sprayer in one hand, hose or blower in the other. Nice runs also!

Tracy.... thank you so much for the help! I needed an award coordinator... you're hired! Thanks for picking up the pieces I forget to do, and giving up today to help again! Awards never went smoother! Thanks Bob also!

Also thanks to the prize patrol: Brandon, Zach, and Caruso for making handing out prizes so much fun!

And who knew? Frank stops by to hang out for a bit and wins the 50/50 AGAIN! Right place, right time. Congrats!

Thanks to Chuck for selling the 50/50 tickets and he didn't use the whole roll!

Met some more new racers and had a lot of fun.

Good to have Josh back after 15 years and BOB Steelman who hasn't been to our big race since 1991 or something?

Sorry you couldn't find a room Stephen. Would have been great to see you in E-buggy.

Anyway, good job by everyone.

Thanks all!

Linda
Old 09-07-2015, 05:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Results are live
HERE !!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

What an awesome weekend...great to see and hang out with some old friends and make some new ones...thanks Ron and Linda for everything involved to make this race happen every year.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

finally attended Eastern States Challenge which I've always wanted. Awesome feeling. Great experience for sure! We were all blessed with beautiful day for racing and made new friends.Thank you Ron and Linda.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Good to see everyone. Was going to try running sunday but family comes first so I was glad to be back after a 19 year hiatus from the track I enjoyed for so many races. I will defiantly try to get back out soon!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

It was a blast it was my first big race and i had a lot of fun i can't wait to do it again
Old 09-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Linda and Ron, thanks for a great day of racing. Very happy I decided to come down. The track was great and Linda your announcing is simply awesome. It's a pleasure to run down there!

Hope the rumors of SJ indoor track closing are just that. Would love to come down this winter.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Linda and Ron, thanks for a great day of racing. Very happy I decided to come down. The track was great and Linda your announcing is simply awesome. It's a pleasure to run down there!

Hope the rumors of SJ indoor track closing are just that. Would love to come down this winter.

No it's true it's closing I'm hoping that something can work out though it's still early .
Old 09-12-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It was a great weekend and it's a group effort. Everyone doing what they're supposed to do makes for a successful event.