Wiki Posts
Search

Class definitions

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Class definitions

Hi,

I've just gotten back into stock R/C racing in the past 3-4 months and I'm having a hard time understanding the differences in classes.

When I last raced there was Novice, Stock, & Expert Stock. I raced in the stock class. Average ability and had several A-main wins in Novice. I'm now finding classes beginner, novice, sportsman, etc. and sometimes I'm unsure which class is best for my experience & ability.

Could someone define the differences in the class?

Thanks!

Darrel
Old 10-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by darrelgf
Hi,

I've just gotten back into stock R/C racing in the past 3-4 months and I'm having a hard time understanding the differences in classes.

When I last raced there was Novice, Stock, & Expert Stock. I raced in the stock class. Average ability and had several A-main wins in Novice. I'm now finding classes beginner, novice, sportsman, etc. and sometimes I'm unsure which class is best for my experience & ability.

Could someone define the differences in the class?

Thanks!

Darrel

Not to comfuse you, but where I race (SoCal offroad and La Mirada onroad) There's Novice, Intermediate, Sportsman, and Expert. "Novice" and "Beginner" sounds like the same class. Perhaps their "Beginner" class is what most people would call "Novice", and their "Novice" class is what SC and LM call "Intermediate". If you're in doubt, ask the race director. Tell them how long you've been racing, what track(s) you've run at, the class name, and where you finished.

If you go out for your first heat race, and are lapping the field two or three times, move up. If the other cars/trucks/buggies are passing you like you're standing still, then move down.

Hope this helps.

TC