Search

TRACK BUILDERS WANTED

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)
Default TRACK BUILDERS WANTED

hello everyone,

I am looking for track builders help,me and our club are preparing to buy our local track and one of the first things we are going to do is rebuild the track from the ground up.

the current track is clay with some dirt and sand(not enough of the latter 2)

we have had alot of people tell us what to do and we are gathering as much info as possible,what i need help with is a natural drainage setup for water run off(for when it rains)and what would be a good mixture for dirt/clay/sand.

the track now is good whenever we redesign it but then it becomes bumpy and rutted and just dries out to quickly,we know the reasons for this and we have no problems running it bumpy or rutted but it gets really bad after about 4 races.

we would like to find a way to make it hard packed without breaking up,and for it to hold water(we water before the first heat and the first 2 classes are stuck but then the buggies or MT's go out there and start running around and tear it up then it go's to hell).

if you have any solutions i would greatly appreciate any help thanks

steven