Old 12-16-2021, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Don’t forget to add “Bert” with his vibranium rotor Tc4
Old 12-16-2021, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old_dude
I would add Wayne Gerber to the 12.5/17.5 class.
For SURE! And VTA. TSR
Old 12-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by lpittman
A few obvious additions -

Sam Isaacs
Robbie Dodge
Max Kuenning (12th scale guy first and foremost, but will make any Mod TC main)
Kemp Anderson
Thanks Luke, I feel Sam Isaac is the #1 Mod race in the United States, I will be updating the list shortly.
Old 12-16-2021, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeO
If you go back the last few years of carpet and pavement nats, snowbirds, IIC.. it’s Brandon or Sam for #1.
Hard to say when they run such different schedules it seems. Kemp has a few good runs the last few years too.
Yes I agree and yes Kemp has climb the ranks in short time

Originally Posted by Apex
Are you looking for current active US on-road rc drivers or all time US on-road rc drivers?
Yes current active US on road rc drivers at this time.

Originally Posted by old_dude
I would add Wayne Gerber to the 12.5/17.5 class.
Not sure who that is, only Modified at this time. no stock racers

Originally Posted by Rastaracer
I get to see lex and Brandon and a few others come to our local track on a regular basis. They are gearing up for Amainhobbies carpet champs comin in January, that will be the spot to see the fastest in the country right now..
Me too at SCS, I'm thinking of coming up for that race.

Originally Posted by TurnNBurn
Heck, if you want to throw the old guard in there, don’t forget Joel Johnson - saw him run at the Nitro On-Road Nats earlier this year. He was kicking butt until his car broke. For someone who does not really run competitively anymore, that was a great showing!
No...just the newest at thsi time.

Makes me wonder, are guys like Rick Howhart still driving competitively? I know Ralph still does - I saw him at the Miami Nitro Grand Prix last weekend, as was Tosolini. I also have to ask if we are comparing EP drivers, or just On-Road in general, because Ralph and Chris are just running Nitro now, AFAIK. If we’re going to include Nitro, DJ Apolaro has been doing consistently well at major events even with the switch to Wallace/Infinity from Capricorn - usually changing brands takes a while to adjust.
Yea those guy are still revelant in rc racing. Just electric Mod at this time.

Originally Posted by belewis01
No mention of Joel "Magic" Johnson?
Tragic ....
Yes Joel still doing his thing... spoke with him this past weekend at SCS race for kids.

Originally Posted by sps3172
I think you're on the wrong coast to see the fastest carpet racers in the USA.
Yes I'm on the west coast, but I asking for nationwide best...I notice a lot of east coast rc racer don't come to west coast
to the king of asphalt racing since we have mostly asphalt tracks. I guess we may need to put the best carpet and asphalt racers
their is a difference in my opinion.

I appreciate all the feedback👍🏿
Old 12-16-2021, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by casrcr
For SURE! And VTA. TSR
Just Mod for now...
Old 12-16-2021, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There are a lot of great drivers in the US from coast to coast, a lot of which nobody has ever heard of because they enjoy it as a hobby and don't travel. I wouldn't assume the big name guys are always the best of the best. Donny Lia is as good as anyone in the US for 12th scale, and he's been beaten by John Themelis more than once at the track Donny owns. There are guys like that all over the place that race for fun and big events mean absolutely nothing too. Just my 2 cents on the subject
Old 12-16-2021, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

What are you doing for points scoring? I did some live RC digging on my phone last night while I had a child sleeping on me and started making a points score for the last few years. Just curious more than anything! Curious how your points system works.
Ivan Dickson likes this.

Last edited by MikeO; 12-23-2021 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
There are a lot of great drivers in the US from coast to coast, a lot of which nobody has ever heard of because they enjoy it as a hobby and don't travel. I wouldn't assume the big name guys are always the best of the best. Donny Lia is as good as anyone in the US for 12th scale, and he's been beaten by John Themelis more than once at the track Donny owns. There are guys like that all over the place that race for fun and big events mean absolutely nothing too. Just my 2 cents on the subject
It does take 'some' talent to be fast at your home track. When these type of guys claim big races mean nothing to them, it's just a version of 'sour grapes'. It takes another level of talent to be reliably fast when traveling to other towns/tracks.
Ivan Dickson and Rastaracer like this.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ivan Dickson
Yes I'm on the west coast, but I asking for nationwide best...I notice a lot of east coast rc racer don't come to west coast
to the king of asphalt racing since we have mostly asphalt tracks. I guess we may need to put the best carpet and asphalt racers
their is a difference in my opinion.
I agree, carpet and asphalt are completely different games. Nitro is also it's own sport. To do justice, you might consider dividing the list as you suggested.
Ivan Dickson likes this.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I’d put young John Dickson up there. He travels pretty often and places pretty well. Plus he always is helpful weather at the track or by text, something the hobby needs more of. Also Marc Livermore is climbing fast with his runs and answers any and all my questions
Ivan Dickson likes this.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sean Guthrie
Ivan Dickson likes this.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Racermac73
I hear you, correct their is always the local fast guy at your track

Originally Posted by MikeO
What are you doing for points scoring? I did some live RC digging on my phone last night while I had a child sleeping on me and starting making a points score for the last few years. Just curious more than anything! Curious how your points system works.
Have no particular scoring system, I just keep track of local and nationwide races, please share you scoring
system results.

It does take 'some' talent to be fast at your home track. When these type of guys claim big races mean nothing to them, it's just a version of 'sour grapes'. It takes another level of talent to be reliably fast when traveling to other towns/tracks.
I totally agree, I like to travel to compete at different tracks. I'll be in Las Vegas this weekend to race.

I agree, carpet and asphalt are completely different games. Nitro is also it's own sport. To do justice, you might consider dividing the list as you suggested.
Yes that is the plan, just taking in all the feedback for now.
Old 12-16-2021, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by glennhl
Sean Guthrie
Yes Sean is alway fast...
Old 12-16-2021, 04:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

speaking as a person on the list from 2015 I'd say there should NOT be separate lists between Asphalt and Carpet. the best racers can win/be competitive on both surfaces. i would say we could maybe split 1/10th EP from 1/12th EP.
skater-deez1 and Rastaracer like this.
Old 12-16-2021, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
speaking as a person on the list from 2015 I'd say there should NOT be separate lists between Asphalt and Carpet. the best racers can win/be competitive on both surfaces. i would say we could maybe split 1/10th EP from 1/12th EP.
Carpet, asphalt and nitro TC*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.