Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CENTRAL VALLEY Rc pics/vids/talk

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Sure hope so I tried to buy a Novi but Fred talk me out of it Only Daz and the Pres can run that motor all us Noobs have to learn...Well I will give it to When Team Savage Spanks you too We will not have to hear its a MACH problem
Its all good and fun..I must say with out Fred, Barney, Mutt and MeatPuppet ...oh and SteveO I wouldn't have lasted this long
BB, you should have done what you wanted and got it from Nitro House. Had I known Billy took his out And used something else I might not have gotten it. I dont care though, I guess Ill have to learn how to drive it if its really all that.....
Old 09-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dirtdemon, Pico .27 is in now. We shall see how this one goes. They promise the one way bearing problem Pico has had is fixed. Cross my fingers I dont want to have to buy a 2nd Novarossi.. But I will if I have too. Its a shame the Mach still runs good But I just dont trust it.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good luck with the Picco DAZ i have heard nothing but good things about those motors. Im guessing your going to have more power than you need but theres nothing wrong with that. Maybe you can show those SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH motors what power is all about!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Must of your poblems have been motor!!!! Pico is well know to be good here
Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

I Can tell you one thing NOW.... I will never buy anything but a Novarossi. IT fired right up and ran and ran and ran and idles and idles and idles like a motor should. I ran it the first time last night for almost an hour, broke it in and never had to change a plug.... Im sold.. And the carb adjustments are sweet they work unlike the POS machs..
Old 09-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

HMMMMMMM Novarossi???? which one did you buy??

Novarossi + Jammin= smokin
Old 09-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Novarossi

DAZ,

COOL you got the NR. The issue I ran into with the NR is that I was surprised to find out that I could turn the idle screw too far. Instead of increasing the idle I locked up the barrel. Crap! Anyway, what needle settings are you using? I got mine out of wack and have been struggling since. RB Mods recommended 5 out on top and 1 in from flush on bottom. They said it would be rich. So far, I've had my best luck with 1 3/4 in from flush on the bottom. Also, are you using the NR plug? and if not then what?

So tell me you got the XSP. I don't want to have to hock something to upgrade to the XRP to keep up. And are you using the pull start?

ProjectLST
Old 09-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Computer Virus alert the LST Virus has zapped Daz's computer he can't even get on http://www.centralvalleyrcclub.com/pages/1/index.htm Steve said today Its taking hes CPU over to Poor Daz can't even post here anymore....What is with LOSI...well I have got some new news in from off the hot press ...... was biting my tongue to try to be diplomatic, but as of now, this post is very true!! But I'd add the TNX, MGT & even the Savage 25 & Mammoth to the "best" list (but I'd re-name it "better" ). Hell, the GS SUT & new Hot Bodies truck & other "truggies" hafta be considered too for anyone looking for big & fast trucks!!

The LST has a LOT of problems...Losi is being nice & attentive, but the bottom line is that the LST is flawed and there are no fixes for the "biggies" that have hit the street (axles/diffs). And apparantly the "hopups" are kinda lame, too, at least the upgraded diff cases!!

The Revo's launch has been FLAWLESS. Somebody said the arms are the weakest he's ever seen? Not ONE breakage has been reported....NOT ONE!!! Driveshafts? They're amazing...they'll easily handle big-blocks as they are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN THE T-MAXX'S!! BTW, all the Traxxas griping in this thread has to do with the Maxx, I guess that's because there isn't anything to gripe about with the Revo. Traxxas customer service is AMAZING...quick phone support, knowledgeable techies, what else do you want?

I had VERY high hopes for the LST...look at any of my pre-launch posts. It probably WILL end up being a great truck, Losi IS "good people" & it's design, std. feature set & overall execution are GREAT. But buying it now, KNOWING that many key components are crap...PLANNING to live with things failing & figuring Losi will help you out is completely asinine!!

Either WAIT a month or two (hard to do if you're not in the sunbelt & wanna have some fun before winter!!), or pick another truck. I don't care if it's a Revo..it's a great truck, but admittedly very different than the LST/Mammoth/MGT group. But jesus, griping because you can't find a defective truck is mind boggling, especially as the reason you can't find it is undoubtably because Losi is right in the middle of FIXING IT, and it's very costly for them to deal with returns/part replacements & they'd rather you wait as well!!

Dean
Well Dean LST is killing my friends cpu and won't let them run in the MAIN here or post on the site this is nuts whats going on here ???
hold the f@#k up,

never heard of the revo having problems,you need to slow done and actually listen to the sh$t coming out of your mouth before you speak

for the record,brent we have run2 heats together one i put you 2 count them 2 laps down with one gear,you won the last heat we ran by half a lap.

i can give props when deserved,but you crawled into your shell when you were put 2 laps down.i dont remember racing you with my other lst oh yeah...now its coming back,lets see pull start problems,roto-start problems every NEW vehicle has the same break in bugs i expect them its no big deal
btw- when the revos started showing up at the track they were the ones not making the main

you need to be in the game a little longer before talking so much sh#t

and nick called he said your parts for your mbx5 are here the one you havent even driven yet and already lost parts for

if you had been in this hobby a little longer you would know that the savage has the same problems your talking about with the lst,the difference between team losi and hpi?...losi IS fixing the problem hpi stuck their head in the sand and instead came out with a "new"version ask nick or someone else that has been around awhile.

it helps when your talking sh@t that you actually know what your talking about when you do it
Old 09-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProjectLST
DAZ,

COOL you got the NR. The issue I ran into with the NR is that I was surprised to find out that I could turn the idle screw too far. Instead of increasing the idle I locked up the barrel. Crap! Anyway, what needle settings are you using? I got mine out of wack and have been struggling since. RB Mods recommended 5 out on top and 1 in from flush on bottom. They said it would be rich. So far, I've had my best luck with 1 3/4 in from flush on the bottom. Also, are you using the NR plug? and if not then what?

So tell me you got the XSP. I don't want to have to hock something to upgrade to the XRP to keep up. And are you using the pull start?

ProjectLST
set the needles at three and three and tune from there
Old 09-29-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DAZLST1
BB, you should have done what you wanted and got it from Nitro House. Had I known Billy took his out And used something else I might not have gotten it. I dont care though, I guess Ill have to learn how to drive it if its really all that.....
again you take it the wrong way that is too much motor for our track if we had another 50-75 feet it would be perfect
Old 09-29-2005, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Steven, welcome back. heard you were down and out with a bug. I though you were talking about the Mach when you told me 3+3. That is a huge difference from the EB mods recommendation. From the factory it was 4 1/4 on top. Ok, I'll give a shot. When you say three on bottom is that backing off from closed or turned in from flush with the collar. I also found that if I tighten the collar too much I can't turn the low speed needle. Are you noticing the same? Frigging tight as hell.

Maybe you can get me into the CVRCC site? I've tried three alias' and have not received the email confirm.

As for Balls short term memory loss.. pay it no mind. I would like to see the Brothers Revo in the pro class tho...

ProjectLST
Old 09-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProjectLST
Steven, welcome back. heard you were down and out with a bug. I though you were talking about the Mach when you told me 3+3. That is a huge difference from the EB mods recommendation. From the factory it was 4 1/4 on top. Ok, I'll give a shot. When you say three on bottom is that backing off from closed or turned in from flush with the collar. I also found that if I tighten the collar too much I can't turn the low speed needle. Are you noticing the same? Frigging tight as hell.

Maybe you can get me into the CVRCC site? I've tried three alias' and have not received the email confirm.

As for Balls short term memory loss.. pay it no mind. I would like to see the Brothers Revo in the pro class tho...

ProjectLST
i dont know of any big block running 4 1/4 on top,i would start at three and three run em till it stops and back out three full turns.

if you close it all the way yes it will stick and dont try to open it when closed you could damage something.

i know cary is having some issues it was a trial version they were using and when he went to upload the full one it said there was an error give it alittle time it will come around.

trust me i not worried about ball bagg's memory except for the part when he was lapped twice
Old 09-29-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Balls,

As promised and after your trip down south, the beer is on me. Your gonna need something to cry in when I come over to your place and stomp you with an LST.

Aw what the hell. I'll leave the LST at home and bring the Mini-T..

Yup! need a new pair a boots cuz the shite is gettin deep!
Old 09-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well tonights practice went well...Fred had his TNXYZ out there and was looking good..Oh MBX5 ran great tonight I am trying to get Revo bro to step up into Pro Brian ran really well tonight...Oh and on the LST smack talk ..I got that off another site cut and paste as a joke lol ....but best thing is glad to have you back was really quiet last night and today with out any come backs lol Like I said before its all fun...I love to BS but deep down I actually like you bastards Dirt Demon looking forward to the run out at my house I have beer on tap ...so you might have to bring the tri tip...I will have a race event at my house Soon

Old 09-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking

HOW about that TNX Yep Yep Nothing like Hump a Good Revo in the ASS and I do mean ass

Much love for the revo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.