Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Starting an indoor carpet track in San Diego >

Starting an indoor carpet track in San Diego

Starting an indoor carpet track in San Diego

Old 09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
bigkoitat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Starting an indoor carpet track in San Diego

I'm looking for a facility to open up a indoor carpet track here in San Diego, and was wondering if anybody in the area thinks this is a good idea?
bigkoitat2 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:50 PM
  #2  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 259
Default

Space is not cheap. The owner of the roller skating rink in escondido wants to sell the building, that would be a good place.
jbackslash is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:53 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by jbackslash
Space is not cheap. The owner of the roller skating rink in escondido wants to sell the building, that would be a good place.
that would be awesome Not to far to drive either. Foam classes for stock and 19t also? get it done see you in a week for the first race!
howard hudson is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 08:57 PM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gee-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

if ran appropriately, there is definately enough population and money in the area to run a successful track. if possible, you would be well served to get into an area that you had an outdoor lot for nitro/offroad to run in. keep in mind that the owner of this forum had hinted also on opening an indoor track at some point (potential competition there).
gee-dub is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:00 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by gee-dub
keep in mind that the owner of this forum had hinted also on opening an indoor track at some point (potential competition there).
or how about a joint effort of the two ???
howard hudson is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
  #6  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
bigkoitat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

I plan on opening one up in the next two -three months, I'm just starting to get back into racing only to find out that the two hobby shops that held races stopped and I dwont want to drive up to LA every weekend to race. I want to hold a race series and at least give back what the racers put in. I'm not trying to make this a Open and then shut down bussines. I want it to be a fun family oriented facility.
bigkoitat2 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:08 PM
  #7  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by chris anthony
I'm looking for a facility to open up a indoor carpet track here in San Diego, and was wondering if anybody in the area thinks this is a good idea?
keep us posted. closest carpet track is in Gilroy/Stockton. (Gilroy is also a carpet track on an old skating rink)

jbackslash! whats up homie
Hebiki is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
  #8  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 259
Default

Originally Posted by gee-dub
if ran appropriately, there is definately enough population and money in the area to run a successful track. if possible, you would be well served to get into an area that you had an outdoor lot for nitro/offroad to run in. keep in mind that the owner of this forum had hinted also on opening an indoor track at some point (potential competition there).
he's been hinting for 3 years now. That was a deciding factor for me moving down here 2 1/2 years ago. Still no track, but I do enjoy the weather.
jbackslash is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (30)
 
RCMits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,061
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Gilroy, ahh, garlic capital of the world.
RCMits is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
  #10  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
bigkoitat2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 116
Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default

also I didn't know the owner of this forum had hinted about this idea, don't want to step on anybodys toes. This is going to take some time and effort and I'm willing to do it.
bigkoitat2 is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:17 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by chris anthony
also I didn't know the owner of this forum had hinted about this idea, don't want to step on anybodys toes. This is going to take some time and effort and I'm willing to do it.
so i guess the race next week is cancled then?? lmao

how about the week after ????
howard hudson is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:20 PM
  #12  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by howard hudson
so i guess the race next week is cancled then?? lmao

how about the week after ????

sorry howie.. i know your still on your carpet high from vegas
Hebiki is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
  #13  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 259
Default

There is the roller rink I mentioned. There is also a place that used to be a fitness club in Oceanside. It has a big rear parking lot for offroad or nitro on-road, or both. I know several other places in north county, but again the're all expensive. Need a partner? Been wanting to open one up myself.

Hebiki - what's up, been a long time
jbackslash is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:23 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
 
howard hudson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: some damned place called Iowa
Posts: 4,245
Default

Originally Posted by Hebiki
sorry howie.. i know your still on your carpet high from vegas
ya.... it did rekindle a old flame from 6 years ago
howard hudson is offline  
Old 09-26-2005, 09:35 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
gee-dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 663
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jbackslash
Need a partner? Been wanting to open one up myself.
i think howie nailed it. get chris/shane/jbackslash together and get something going. i hit SD about 3-4 times a year to visit family, definately be willing to stop in and race.
gee-dub is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.