Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December... >

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Railyard Hobbies Mini-Z Race Schedule, July-December...

Old 09-15-2014, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As requested, I have updated the schedule once again...

October 5th...

will be our next Raceday!

F1 Class rules have been updated to include Atomic 60turn motors. Seems like the extra kick keeps the cars more in-line with the speeds of our racers and it's not too overboard.

Yesterday was fun, good day of tuning and had a bunch of fun running the Closed Ratio class. I feel that there is one thing I want to put into effect, I will text the involved parties later. Not a big deal but something I think we need to look at.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Ed, after our talk about rules a couple days ago, how about....
7T/gear diff class-70T motor stock brushes and only break in, nothing else.
70T in all other classes-silver brushes allowed. Nothing else.
Mod classes-no foam tires at all, only rubber for all classes. (after reading that tire article).
Just throwing this out there.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

PN 70turn, bag stock or box stock motors only... no motor mods for Closed Ratio.

I'm fine with allowing mods to our Open Ratio but how do we police clocked armatures, shims... and a variety of other things I could get on about?

I've always pushed rubber tire only but I'm fine with foams in Mod as I have stated previously.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well Ed..for the motors, honor system. We are all friends, that should be it. For closed ratio, anybody could still mess with motor if they wanted to.
Tires I said to add no foam because of tire article on miniz.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Whatever you guys want will be... I only try to conform.

My only problem with foams stems from larger scales... I never understood why you would want to buy tires that disintegrated within a few runs. Foams make sense when everyone else is running them but that still doesn't add anything to their durability or longevity. It always felt to me like a cult mentality that could be easily broken by common sense.

Rubbers for all, I'm fine with that.

So... how many Jel Claws did you order already?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok on no foams.
Like I'm thinking with motors...if we can't trust to be honest, then only solution is the Maj way, run all open motor. Then there NO bullcrap...period!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Open motor is fine if you want a complete bashfest. Unless of course the whole main is filled with top-notch drivers.

As I said to you earlier, other than bag stock, mods to motors opens up a whole can of worms and we are too small of a crew to be worrying about this stuff. Like before, I'm not concerned about Open Ratio but the Closed Ratio needs to be as simple an entry class as possible. No reason a fresh off the shelf car with a few add-ons couldn't win a race in the right hands.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

I don't want all open either. I'm just throwing that out there. It's either race With in our rules like we did at your track for years or go all open. That stops crying about motors etc etc...
Old 09-23-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Who's crying about it?

It's all hopefully going to go the way of the dodo anyways if Kyosho ever markets their brushless VE chassis' more.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ya brushless would make it nice. That's why I started working on my brushless cars more.
By the way, no I didn't order those tires...not interested.
I don't know....somebody said how fast my 7t motor and others are so fast...
Old 09-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

Call me somebody... but I'm not crying. But when it's that much of a difference, you tend to notice these things.

Same deal as the foams... "We'll, if the fast guys are running silver brushes... then I will too...".

See my point now? Now everyone has to buy silver brushes just to get your speed, so once everybody does... what's the next mod? Then it's just everyone spending money and time for what?... to step up to the same exact level of Spec racing we've had for years now with bag stock.

Your own words... "gentleman's agreement", that is what we had on the 70turn, bag stock as we have been doing with HFAY for years now. Which is also just in your own words... "As we did at your track for years"... We went so long without anyone bitching about motors, why give someone the ammo to do it?

Soooo... back to Bag Stock PN 70turns for Closed and Open Ratio? If you wanna go fast, there's always Mod Class!
Old 09-23-2014, 07:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 09-24-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Regular

Hopefully this is making sense to most out there.

So... we cool? Closed Ratio is bag stock and as I said last night I'm open to making Open Ratio a 70turn "armature only" class if others are cool with it. I have no doubt they will be... might be good for new members to get in there and learn about brushed motors while they still exist.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Been staying out of this, but I think its time to speak my mind.

What does 70turn "armature only" class mean. Outlaw 70turn? Different cans and magnets, shorting armature winds, clocking comms?

Sounds stupid to me, lets just run mod open aaa(no lipo) class, that way no one(Ed, yes I am calling you out) can cry.

Don't understand what the big deal is. We have been running Silver brushes with your knowledge may I add, for years. I would say any racer that likes to tune will eventually run silver brushes. Why not, especially if its time to replace brushes.

Lets stop crying, what do you want, to win races with NO EFFORT!!
If you are crying about motors, next you will be crying about batteries, tires etc.

Racers need to admit that they are being beat by better racers, I did, that's how and why I got better.

At the end of the day "The finishing order of the races will be the same"!!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Rookie

And to clarify one last point.

I have no problem with running sealed 70turn motors with stock brushes for the open and closed ratio 70turn class.

What I do have a problem with is all the crying.

If you dont spend a few bucks ($30) on batteries/tires and spend the time to work and tune your car. Why should you expect to win?

Last edited by abasualdo1; 09-24-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.