R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum

Old 03-17-2014, 05:57 PM   #61
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

dawson - don't worry, you and jon were both very special in your own way.

scooby - im happy u brought up the 10.4 good buddies --- that was your story to tell for sure.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #62
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Saying this is sad news is does not even scratch the surface of the depth the void Jon has left behind. Since I saw this yesterday, I am still in denial. I met Jon some years ago when he and John Tag got Express Motorsports going. He left RC for a number of years and came back to it several seasons ago. It was at that time I got to know him better. All the previous comments about him are absoultely spot on. Though he didn't know me other that at the track and I was not a competitive racer on his level, he always treated me with respect and greeted me with a smile. After seeing me drive, on several occasions he took the initiative to approach me and ask if he could help me. After that, I would ask him if he would look over my car and advise accordingly. He was always approachable, patient and friendly. If his presence in his private life was anything like at the track (and I am sure it was) all I can say is, the world would be a better place if there were more
Jon William's around.

peace forever Jon

No Apologies Racing, don't believe me, try me!!!!!
spurcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Words can not express the sadness so many of us are feeling. Jon was a wonderful man and someone always willing to lend his time to anyone who asked for help. He will be missed. I'm shocked by this news. Please let us know about the funeral arrangements. To our friend Jon, you will always be remembered
Old 03-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #64
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Heard about this on Saturday and today still can't believe that John has passed..Not really sure what I can say that hasn't already been said but I will def miss racing with John as he was a great competitor and I will miss joking around with him in the pits ... RIP

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:55 AM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fpart

I am so sorry to hear the news about Jon. He was a great guy and great sportsman also. He will be sorely missed!
fpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #66
Tech Adept

Ssd news to hear passing of Jon great guy help anyone at track in need he is gone but wont be forgotten Rip

Last edited by Flying Goose; 03-18-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Flying Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #67
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kuruption

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck View Post
Saying this is sad news is does not even scratch the surface of the depth the void Jon has left behind. Since I saw this yesterday, I am still in denial. I met Jon some years ago when he and John Tag got Express Motorsports going. He left RC for a number of years and came back to it several seasons ago. It was at that time I got to know him better. All the previous comments about him are absoultely spot on. Though he didn't know me other that at the track and I was not a competitive racer on his level, he always treated me with respect and greeted me with a smile. After seeing me drive, on several occasions he took the initiative to approach me and ask if he could help me. After that, I would ask him if he would look over my car and advise accordingly. He was always approachable, patient and friendly. If his presence in his private life was anything like at the track (and I am sure it was) all I can say is, the world would be a better place if there were more
Jon William's around.

peace forever Jon
+1 on this. Jon was so willing to help, he watched through LiveRC me blow chunks at Cleveland Indoor Champs all day Friday and started to text me setup help. He has always been helpful and willing to share information.

I only met Jon last Winter, racing with him at Horsham and through the carpet nats. After the winter season was over, he would PM me every couple weeks to see what was up and try to get me to come to Jackson. He was truly a friend to R/C...
kuruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey guys.
My wife talked to Rich this morning.
I have the address to send condolences if you like.
The only catch is he (understandably) does not want the address
broadcasted on a public form.
Please pm me here or on Facebook and I can fwd it to you.

Sorry...I don't have full details on memorial services yet.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 03-18-2014 at 05:05 PM.
j.d.roost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:17 AM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

it was always a great day racing alongside a truly genuine and all around nice guy! you will be greatly missed! rip jon! godspeed!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:30 AM   #70
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default One of the Good Guys

I've been simmering in this news for days now and still can't believe he's gone.

I've known Jon for a long time and it's almost impossible to recall all the memories over the years.

Life is truly fragile and we are blessed to have had Jon as part of our racing family.

Thanks for all the memories old friend.

There will always be a spot saved for you on the driver's stand.
LATIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:43 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Guys....lots of pms/texts about this.
Here is what I know of memorial services.

Jons wishes were not to have any sort of big/public deal.
Rich is honoring this by having a small family Repast.
Please don't hesitate to ask via pm/text/fb for the address if you would like to send condolences.

Also..
I am working with Al to set up a "RC friends" place of remembrance at our season closer.
There will be the opportunity to get messages to his family. Or..if you wish you can drop a card ect. and I will make sure it gets to Jons loved ones.

If I get any other information I will post or amend this post.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 03-19-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #72
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Jon Williams

I have no words to describe how I'm feeling. 40 is way too young! My prayers go out to his Family.

Jon has been coming into our shop for many years and always been an enthusiastic hobbyist. He was always willing to help racers at the track, no matter if they were competition or in a different class.

Jon you will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace.
Winner 2015 VTA SJCCR Slowbirds Nationals
SIRCCC (Staten Island Radio Control Car Club)
BrowniesHobbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #73
Tech Elite

Today marks the day that we lost Jon. I would ask that all friends and competitors who enjoyed racing with him..to send some good thoughts his way. Great guy and an awesome racer..
Old 10-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #74
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Just came across this again man we had some good times racing was just thinking of our suspension geometry talks weird how an email popped up this morning from a while back
GODSPEED MY FRIEND