Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Johns Mobile Rc raceway  On road 2014 Schedule >

Johns Mobile Rc raceway On road 2014 Schedule

Johns Mobile Rc raceway On road 2014 Schedule

Old 03-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Default UP date

Drivers stands are done and pics up on Facebook.com/ johnsrcraceway
We can now take credit cards out side it will cost you $1.00 more on first entry if you use a credit card.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john baier
Drivers stands are done and pics up on Facebook.com/ johnsrcraceway
We can now take credit cards out side it will cost you $1.00 more on first entry if you use a credit card.
Are those the stands for outside? They look GREAT either way.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Looks like everything is going well for you Mr. B, very cool... I am hoping that in June I can find some vacation time to come race. I have a long time friend in Baltimore so maybe I can stay with his fam' and get a ride to MRH. I enjoyed the many weekend races that went down when I lived there.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by godzukihop
Are those the stands for outside? They look GREAT either way.
yes
Old 03-16-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up UP Date

Originally Posted by john baier
Attachment 1170467
Here is the preliminary Schedule All classes run every weekend
We will be making some changes this year
1 New drivers stand higher and wider with a railing
2 A permanent lope for the scoring system no more tower over the track
3 New layouts to incorporate pit road for the nitro cars
4 More pvc boards and new corner
April 5th is cancelled it is now going to be a work day if anyone would like to help be there at 930 am
we will go for the start on April 12th
Old 03-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Default update

[QUOTE=john baier;13101998]April 5th is cancelled it is now going to be a work day if anyone would like to help be there at 930 am
Old 03-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Default Reminder

[QUOTE=john baier;13101998]April 5th is cancelled it is now going to be a work day if anyone would like to help be there at 930 am
Old 03-29-2014, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys... just throwing this out there.

Was just reading an interview RedRC did w/ Martin Hudy on the design of the new RX8 1/8th nitro car, and they mention spec foam tires and no additive as becoming popular and pretty much the standard in Europe (for both 1/8 and 1/10). (Article here: http://www.redrc.net/2014/03/martin-...ive-interview/)

Maybe we should go the same route for nitro touring? The obvious immediate advantage is the money savings on finding the right tire combinations.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i don't think spec tires is good thing unless the tires are cheap. Most tires are around 8 box a pair max. I don't want to pay anything over that for tires like the jacos that are 15 a pair. Im not paying that when i can get same compounds for much less. I just picked up tires for this season and i only paid 12 bux shipped per set of 4 tires.

I think its fine to run a spec tire for one race or something like that but not all the time. The team powers tires were more expensive than the normal onroad sedan tires but that was fine because its for one race. But unless the spec tires are going to be cheap its going to be a bad idea. We don't have a full size nitro track like jackson or such. We have a club track and its for fun lets keep it that way.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

What's going to be the call for rubber tire racing this year??? I don't care one way or the other lets just make a rule and stick with it.....AND MAKE SURE IT'S FOLLOWED!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

what u mean rubber tire racing ?? spec tire for sedan?
Old 03-30-2014, 06:53 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i know i won't be at MRH/John's a ton this year -- but i really believe spec'ing at least rubber tires makes sense. i know the challenge is to find the tires that work on the given track (and to make that manufacture NOT change them on you...). a spec tire makes it easier for guys traveling there -- because we know what tires to expect to need.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

well speccing tires is fine and all if you have a good tire at a decent cost. Not forcing people to buy more expensive tires when lesser tires are the same. I think with the day an age we live in, I'm sure someone who wants to come to the MRH outdoor or even indoor track can ask or post or research what tires everyone is using there. Its not to difficult now with all the forms and communication we have in this day in age. I know those team powers tires that mrh was selling were a lot more expensive than the sweep tires that work the same. But its fine to spec a tire for a given race like they did. No problem. Its like the TCS races. TCS tires are expensive but you only need them for one race.

If we are to encourage or get new people into racing we need to make it appealing and affordable. I think the limit should be no more than 30 a set for tires. Its one thing for people to want to spend the extra money for certain tires to get a little advantage.

Im there to have fun and not pay an extreme price for things because i am forced to. Id like to pay a competitive price. I just picked up GQ tires for nitro this season for 5 box a pair of tires. I got 3 pairs of GQ tires for 1 pair jaco nitro shoes that mrh sells. I don't have a problem spending money at a local hobby shop to support them but when i can save that kind of money its hard not to buy them online. i buy stuff there all the time for cars or my planes.

Im for speccing tires if we can find decent tires at a reasonable price.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Work day saturday April 5th

If any one has some garden hose thy can bring with them on sat we need it for the pressure washers it would be a big help and if anyone has a push broom or shovel. I will be there at 9am.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Every thing is a go for April 12th

Every thing is done
1 New drivers stands
2 Permanent scoring lop in
3 New corners made
4 Track pressure washed and trees trimmed
5 square reader for taking credit cards
[COLOR="black"]Lets go Racing[/COLOJohns Mobile Rc raceway  On road 2014 Schedule-schedule2014.jpgR]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.