Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule....+Electric sedan. >

2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule....+Electric sedan.

2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule....+Electric sedan.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule....+Electric sedan.

** Please if you can following page 3 post your name first name can be fine or full name and class or classes you are going to try and race, we are just building a rough list of who might becoming don't worry we won't hold you to it we just want to get a feel for who is interested and thanks**

This Year the 2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule+ 1/10 Electric Sedan

The series started in 1970

We travel From Toledo, Portage, Racine, Cinci, Virginia. Dayton, 6 races in all currently.

It is a Point Series we take Best of 4 events out of 6.
3 rounds of qualifying Saturday and 1 round qualifying Sunday and then mains.

This year I am the Midwest Series Director, and we would like to add 1/10 Sedan to our Series and get as many of you interested as possible.

You can find the Schedule and more info at this
http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-schedule.html

There will be a link to our Series web site here.
http://www.midwestseries.com

it would be great to see 15 + sedans or more at our series.

I have attached a picture of schedule


2014 Midwest Series Schedule
Possible practice at some tracks on Fridays before the race, the picture if the schedule I posted indicates this.
Saturdays 3 rounds of qualifying
Sunday 1 round of qualifying then mains.
(Virginia race will be 4 rounds on Saturday and Mains
Sunday)

May 17-18 Toledo Ohio
Woodville Mall
3725 Williston Road
Northwood Ohio 43619

June 14-15 Portage Indiana
Camelot Bowl
5201 US HWY 6
Portage, Indiana, 46368

July 19-20 Racine Wisconsin
Yorkville School
18621 Washington Ave (HWY 20)
Union Grove, Wisconsin, 53182

Aug 9-10 Cincinnati Ohio
Hamilton County Fairgrounds
7801 Anthony Wayne Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio, 45216

Sept 13-14 Dayton Ohio
The Hobby Shop
153 N. Springboro Pike
Dayton, Ohio, 45499

Sept 27-28 Toledo Ohio
Woodville Mall
3725 Williston Road
Northwood Ohio 43619

Please pass the word on

Alright, after taking into consideration all the advice we have recieved online and else where, The Midwest Series is going to offer 3 electric classes. those classes are:

1/10th Sedan 17.5 Blinky
1/10th Sedan Modified
1/8th GT Electric


We will use the first race at Toledo as a trial run for all of these classes. We want to keep these classes through the entirety of the season and will need 5 or more cars per class to run and marshal due to the size of our tracks.

In Toledo we will see who shows up and ask all the drivers of each class if they will be joining us (as best they can( at the following series races. (We hope they all will) Moving forward those classes will Join us at our outdoor tracks for the Midwest series points. With the worlds being in the USA this year, maybe we can draw in some locals to run Mod with us and get some outside practice in.

Attaching a JPG file of the schedule for anyone to print out, hand out, etc.

Thank you for your input and please spread the word.


Thanks
Jeff Zuccarell
Attached Thumbnails 2014 Midwest Series Nitro On Road schedule....+Electric sedan.-2014-final-midwest-series-schedule.jpg  

Last edited by Vector03cobra; 05-02-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Vector03cobra is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 06:29 AM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lutz, FL
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Jeff I would say that you want to run 13.5 or 17.5. Don't make racers buy motors that they really don't need like a 10.5. Just as an example, this past year at TSRCAR I thought 21.5 was going to be so slow but once you get out there with similar cars it's still racing. At lesiure hours they run 25.5 vta out doors and people love it.

I really feel open mod would be the most fun since they are as fast as a 1/10 nitro car but I understand that mod is not for everyone. Also when you go to tracks that are parking lots tracks mod becomes tuffer to handle too. I really feel 17.5 will be a good class and would bring in the most racers. With 2s voltage 17.5 1/10 ep sedans can get going rather well on bigger tracks, don't discredit it so quickly. :0)

Monti
Monti is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:43 AM
  #3  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

My vote would be for 13.5 Boosted or open Mod.

I've run 13.5 blinky on a big asphalt track. It didn't feel that much faster than 17.5. Allowing boost could add just the right amount of rip to make it more interesting.

And Like Monti said, no one wants to buy a new motor to use for only a few races. A lot of guys already have 13.5 motors and most ESC's used for stock racing can handle 13.5 boosted.

I'm definitely interested in at least the Toledo race.

S.Stew is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:45 AM
  #4  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
bigcracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 589
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I agree With Steven that 13.5 boosted would be great and I would attend some of the races if it was 13.5 boosted Sounds great I hope to see you guys this summer.
bigcracing is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:57 AM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,428
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I agree here. I run mod TC and would vote for this to be the class but not many guys run mod, even outdoor around here. Blinky 17.5 TC is the largest class by far at Leisure Hours during the summer and would offer the most guys who are willing to come out to a series like this from that track without them having to buy anything new.

Two years ago we ran a 13.5 blinky class but it wasn't much faster than 17.5 and never gained any traction. People could run 17.5 at any track they went to but had to go out of their way to run 13.5 and buy a new motor or even saddle up for a second car so they didn't have to mess with their 17.5 car.

Last year we ran a 10.5 boosted TC class hoping some mod guys and some 17.5 guys would join in because it was certainly faster than 17.5/13.5 blinky and would keep the mod guys happy. The power was really awesome, enough to really have fun but not so much that the cars were hard to drive. You may even be able to pick up a couple guys that did have cars for this class (Stogie, Pete, Nolan, I even still have and esc/motor all wired up). But, the class never took off, not at all.

Meanwhile, 17.5TC still gets by far the largest turnout. You may want to re-consider running 17.5 just because it's the class most people run. Though, I think you may be better off running two classes, full mod and 17.5 blinky.
Troy Carter is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 09:31 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,122
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

17.5 boosted and if you wanted a second class 17.5 blinky.
jag88 is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,656
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I'm more in favor of open mod, but I hear what these guys are saying about 13.5. My only concern is the bickering over this ESC versus this motor and people trying to figure out the boost/motor/esc combination. Open just seemed easier, you have all the power, use what you can handle.

17.5 stock to me would be a drag on Cincy and Toledo track to me, but I think Monti would be a better source for that since he ran it there.

2 classes makes more sense, one for mad men like me and one for others that want to run 17.5 or 21.5. I'd run 13.5 stock/boosted or any lower turn class.

I don't have anything but 17.5s so it would be a motor or two investment but I think I'd enjoy it.

Originally Posted by S.Stew View Post
My vote would be for 13.5 Boosted or open Mod.

I've run 13.5 blinky on a big asphalt track. It didn't feel that much faster than 17.5. Allowing boost could add just the right amount of rip to make it more interesting.

And Like Monti said, no one wants to buy a new motor to use for only a few races. A lot of guys already have 13.5 motors and most ESC's used for stock racing can handle 13.5 boosted.

I'm definitely interested in at least the Toledo race.

Originally Posted by Monti View Post
Jeff I would say that you want to run 13.5 or 17.5. Don't make racers buy motors that they really don't need like a 10.5. Just as an example, this past year at TSRCAR I thought 21.5 was going to be so slow but once you get out there with similar cars it's still racing. At lesiure hours they run 25.5 vta out doors and people love it.

I really feel open mod would be the most fun since they are as fast as a 1/10 nitro car but I understand that mod is not for everyone. Also when you go to tracks that are parking lots tracks mod becomes tuffer to handle too. I really feel 17.5 will be a good class and would bring in the most racers. With 2s voltage 17.5 1/10 ep sedans can get going rather well on bigger tracks, don't discredit it so quickly. :0)

Monti
Originally Posted by bigcracing View Post
I agree With Steven that 13.5 boosted would be great and I would attend some of the races if it was 13.5 boosted Sounds great I hope to see you guys this summer.
ToysRUsKid is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:50 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
iTrader: (50)
 
Alex C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: On a ship in the warm seas with no sail !!!
Posts: 1,638
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

I wish I could race anything at this point !!!
Alex C is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:05 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
 
Essnowyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere Strange Wisconsin!
Posts: 1,676
Default

What is the schedule with locations? Will there be a Wisconsin event?

Snowy.
Essnowyt is offline  
Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
 
JJBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toledo, ohio
Posts: 341
Default

Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
What is the schedule with locations? Will there be a Wisconsin event?

Snowy.
Hey guys, I am the co-director with Jeff for the 2014 midwest series and greatly appreciate all of your input.

Snowy to answer your question right now we plan to have an event in Racine Wisconsin however have not been able to confirm their participation in the series just yet. We will let you know when the final schedule is posted.

Thanks!
JJBinks is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM
  #11  
Tech Regular
 
JJBinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toledo, ohio
Posts: 341
Default

I see a few posts back about boosted class or non boosted class. I think we want to stay non boosted to keep cost down. Just as it was mentioned earlier about not making people buy a new motor with 10.5, we certainly don't want to make people have to buy a new ESC. A new ESC could be be twice to three times as much as a new motor. Even boosted ESCs have the ability to run in blinky or non boost correct?

Out thought process behind the 10.5 blinky class is that it would be fast enough for big tracks like Toledo, be almost like mod on some of the smaller tracks, and have much less tire destruction than mod would. This would cause people to need a new motor but would not cause people to need a new ESC as we would run blinky. It would also save on the cost of tires compared to modified which could offset the cost of a motor.

If we just run modified I am concerned that tire wear would be a real problem. The cost of tires then may keep people from running it.

Thoughts?
JJBinks is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 01:40 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (10)
 
Rick Vessell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 2,417
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I'm in favor of mod or 10.5. Tires, mod or not the cost is probably about equal compared to 1/8 Open regarding wear.
Rick Vessell is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 05:28 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (13)
 
S.Stew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JJBinks View Post
I see a few posts back about boosted class or non boosted class. I think we want to stay non boosted to keep cost down. Just as it was mentioned earlier about not making people buy a new motor with 10.5, we certainly don't want to make people have to buy a new ESC. A new ESC could be be twice to three times as much as a new motor. Even boosted ESCs have the ability to run in blinky or non boost correct?

Out thought process behind the 10.5 blinky class is that it would be fast enough for big tracks like Toledo, be almost like mod on some of the smaller tracks, and have much less tire destruction than mod would. This would cause people to need a new motor but would not cause people to need a new ESC as we would run blinky. It would also save on the cost of tires compared to modified which could offset the cost of a motor.

If we just run modified I am concerned that tire wear would be a real problem. The cost of tires then may keep people from running it.

Thoughts?
Probably 90% (maybe more) of people racing 17.5 TC are using ESC's capable of running boosted profiles. Not very many of them however own 10.5 turn motors. It's just not a commonly used motor. Also, You can get an Xtreme stock ESC capable for boosted classes down to an 8.5t motor for $63.
S.Stew is offline  
Old 01-16-2014, 10:04 PM
  #14  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 559
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
What is the schedule with locations? Will there be a Wisconsin event?

Snowy.
coming shortly
Vector03cobra is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
  #15  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
D.a.v.e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: South East, Michigan
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Why no consideration for a GT class? Is the thought more folks have 1/10? Why just one class? I don't know many racers that run just one class?

17.5 at Toledo looked very slow but seemed to be one of those classes that forced you to be a better (no mistakes) racer. It might be fun if there is another faster class to run as well.

Personally I like to race two classes most days so I'm not sure I would travel out to run just one class for an entire day/weekend and in the off road world I don't see many folks mixing electric and nitro on race days? Would guess the same would hold true here?
D.a.v.e is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.