Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Mod tc?
Old 01-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody_ferone
Mod tc?
I'd imagine if you could get enough regular participants, you could run mod... Mod TC is gaining a following in the area, so it could happen.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Foam TC? WOW. Can you even buy a foam car today?

As Barry mentioned, it benefits everyone to have a spec tire.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got to say...I like the idea of a spec tire too.
Sorry if this offends some (not my intension)...but I plan on getting some racing and practice in here as it's so close to me.
I honestly don't care if it's the same tire that we run at other tracks.
Whatever the shop can supply at a fair price would benefit both them
and the racers.

If somebody with deep pockets decides to start playing with inserts/different (ie.super soft one run) compounds...it will be far from a fair race.
Put everyone on the same tire and..grip will be more predictable...the track will rubber in faster...and we can all concentrate on racing not a tire war.

I don't think foam tc is a bad idea btw...I would love to see how the cars get around on carpet with foams on them (hell I want to try it)....but not to offer rubber only tire tc when it's pretty much the "norm" seems a bit off the beaten path...To race them together does not seem logical.

Just my opinion (please don't read too much into it)..I will show up for a few Sunday events if they decide to run rubberbands and rocks for tires.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm at work now so can't respond to questions in depth. Good points made .I will respond to questions later this evening, thanks guys.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Foam TC That's going to bring back memories.
I still have my foam TC I'll be down with that.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

A little late but these are the answers to some of the questions from earlier. I will break them up into seperate posts for clarity.

First off, let me say that the owners and family of Rc Car World appreciate all of the interest in their track/hobby shop. This venue is unlike so many others we as a collective group have been to. It is to have a "family atmosphere". Newbies and casual racers are not only welcome but encouraged to come and participate as they learn more about the hobby. This includes children, mothers, wives, grand parents, etc. It is very important to know that all of the vendors within the complex have an agreement with management to conduct business only during the hours the building is open, in this case, Sunday from 10am-6pm. That's 8 hours. So, that is the entire time available for the racing program. Meaning, the races need to conclude by somewhere in the 5:30 range. That gives the racers time to clean up their areas and pack up their equipment and exit the building by 6pm. With the time constraints placed on the vendors (which includes Rc Car World) racers must bear a percentage of the responsibility for how efficent and timely the race day goes. This may change in time but for now this is what we have to work with.

I am going to make a suggestion to all that may not be popular but will allow the program to move in a consistent manner. Many of us like to run multiple classes to make the day more full. I too, am one of those. Here's the problem. Many times racers complain of having to race in back to back races. What happens when 3 racers from one race in one class are also in the next race (different class)? Now the race director is looking for 3 vollenteer marshals,,,,,time wasted! And some racers either can't step up to help marshalling (they are preparing for an upcomimg race, or some just feel it's above them to help out) Another senerio, a racer is looking for the director to switch him because of the back to back races. Or, how about this one. Racer is in 3 classes and his format may look like this, race-marshal-race-marshal-race. End of qualifying and guess who needs more time between rounds to prep 3 cars for the next round? Here's the deal, I would rather have 30 racers running one class each than to have 15 racers running 2 classes. Time, time, time. So, when you come to the track practice your cars and figure out in the pits umongst your fellow racers what class(s) to run so the program can run efficently. Because of time constraints only running 3-4 cars in a heat may not be wise because of our time issue. We want everyone to have fun and not get frustrated or shorted at the end of the program because we run out of time.

Last edited by spurcheck; 01-08-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Default Tires, tires, tires!!!!!

OK, I will simplify this. At this point the hobby shop is not stocked with ample supplies of any brand in particular or type of tire to support mandating any tire. And there is no benefit in placing the hobby shop and the track in the middle of making (forcing) the racers to go in any particular direction on this matter.The majority of you know plenty enough about this subject to make informed and intelligent decisions on this matter. So, here's how its gonna go for now. Just like any where else, it takes 4 racers "miminum" to make up a class. Why 4????,,,,, so you have ample marshal coverage. Rubber tire TC will be open. Once again, racers, take the reponsibility of deciding on whatever tire you want to run and police yourselves. My "Foamie Homies" of TC you'll run seperately. We can't have 4 17.5 rubber touring, 4 13.5 rubber touring, 4 mod rubber touring, 4 17.5 foam touring, 4 13.5 foam touring, 4 mod foam touring,,,,get it! You guys are all pitted within 20 feet of each other. Work together on what class to run and share whatever is necessary to make it happen. Make it happen and everyone will benefit! Lets keep in mind again we can't have 12 different classes with 4 racers in them. If your decision is to run
1/12th, decide on all guys running the same power, whatever it may be so you can all run together.Same goes with whatever other class you can think of, VTA, F1, etc. Currently, we don't anticipate having large numbers of racers, but it's important for all of us to understand how we (racers and director)manage what racers we do have. We have to work this out so that things once again run efficently.

Last edited by spurcheck; 01-08-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Just linked a couple short videos on the first page of the thread.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice, just did a check and this place is about 45min from me. I will be up this Sunday to race VTA.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'll race tomorrow!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is awesome news, I am 43 min away according to map quest. Will have to check it out. I prefer on road, currently run TC 17.5 and 12 scale 13.5 or 17.5 pan car but I have some off road cars ready to run also.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Saturday

Had a great day, today. Spent the whole day, working on various set-ups & getting in some quality practice. Me a few guys ran some mock races & it looks like there will be a healthy turnout tomorrow. Remember, currently the pit area is still in the process of being finished, so it would be good to keep a table in your trunk just in case.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

had fun racing yesterday, traction came up nice by the second round.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default results from 1/12/14

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.