Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help Finding Indoor Off-Road Track near Pocono's

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default Need Help Finding Indoor Off-Road Track near Pocono's

Hello all. Earlier this year I had ACL surgery so no skiing for me this year. Since the family will still be heading up to the Pocono's I may as well have some fun too and find a place to drive. I run a 4x4 SCT and 2WD mod buggy typically on clay. I saw Trains and Lanes nearby but noticed it was on carpet. I am hoping to find a clay indoor track to run on so I don't have to modify my setup too much from my home truck where I run when not in the mountains. Is there anything within an hour or so of the 80/476 interchange? Also what tires seem to work well on the carpet tracks if I have to go that way. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Please send indoor carpet suggestions too because if I have to change things up so I can race then I will.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi tom,

trains n lanes hobbies is in the palmer/easton area. i live in marshalls creek and race out of that shop. offroad indoor carpet,outdoor offroad and outdoor onroad. and we do race mod 2wd and 4wd indoor on carpet. come down and check it out. for me its rt 80 to 33 to the palmer exit. right off exit 2 lights and make right. half mile on right. cant miss it. fully stocked hobby shop aswell. about 40 mins tops from poconos. also bump n jumps is in etters pa out by harrisburg. its about 1 1/2 hours but well worth the trip. check them out also. also eventhough trains is carpet the racing is fierce. lots of fast guys race outa there.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Thanks a lot for the details. I will definitely check it out. Any tire suggestions?