Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Festivus Grand Prix @ Horsham RC - December 13-15th, 2013 >

Festivus Grand Prix @ Horsham RC - December 13-15th, 2013

Festivus Grand Prix @ Horsham RC - December 13-15th, 2013

Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Cant wait I will be there Friday at noon for some much needed practice.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Consider this constructive feedback, 2 big issues with making this on the "world wide map" 1. too close to xmas 2. stupid name
I know that the "good" dates are used up, but I would think early january or late feb would be better.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Are you serious about the date??...... having a big race during the week of Thanksgiving??......Ummm.... ..... How do you think they sold that one in the beginning??......

..... Plus I was always partial to "Holiday Grand Prix"...... Short and simple.....
Old 12-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Are you serious about the date??...... having a big race during the week of Thanksgiving??......Ummm.... ..... How do you think they sold that one in the beginning??......

..... Plus I was always partial to "Holiday Grand Prix"...... Short and simple.....
I never understood that either, this is a hobby, we can race all year why should it compete with family life.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
I never understood that either, this is a hobby, we can race all year why should it compete with family life.
Plenty of married guys with families make out to the Cleveland race. No matter what there will always be a wrong date. I remember when people didnt want the IIC during the first week of september because it was close to school opening in the northeast.. Once again you cant make everyone happy.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
I'd PAY to see a Keven vs Donny re-match in mod 1/12th.
You'll have to wait for that one.

I could see not wanting to deviate off of qual points, or shorten the program a day, as I'd call those major changes. But not even acknowledging simply moving a single round from one day to another, don't see the logic in that. I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

..... And not to stir it up to much..... But lots of guys have a problem with the Qual. points...... And running that system indoors doesn't make much sense to me but then again, I hate qual. points..... period...... One format that was suggested was 2 qualifiers on Sat. and 2 rounds on Sunday leading to the Mains...... We could have a killer control practice on Sat. and complete 2 rounds of qualifing and get out of there with plenty of night life....... Come Sunday, 2 hours of control practice, maybe 8-10am and start around 10am and run 2 rounds of qualifing followed by Mains and everyone gets a chance to get it in there..... I'm off this weekend and willing to give up my Race Program to run a straight forward Championship......

Again, I see the big picture for this Event!!

Just a suggestion.....
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

..... And not to stir it up to much..... But lots of guys have a problem with the Qual. points...... And running that system indoors doesn't make much sense to me but then again, I hate qual. points..... period...... .
As one of the architects of Qual points, they were never intended to be used for events with consistent conditions i.e. indoor carpet. I still feel that using practice times to seed qualifiers and a resort after two qualifiers is the most fair way to deal with seeding indoor events. That being said if it's a race and I can attend I will race what ever program is tossed out there.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia View Post
...not even acknowledging simply moving a single round from one day to another, don't see the logic in that. I'm gonna have to pass on this one.
...One format that was suggested was 2 qualifiers on Sat. and 2 rounds on Sunday leading to the Mains...... We could have a killer control practice on Sat. and complete 2 rounds of qualifing and get out of there with plenty of night life....... Come Sunday, 2 hours of control practice, maybe 8-10am and start around 10am and run 2 rounds of qualifing followed by Mains and everyone gets a chance to get it in there.
+1 I'm still trying my best to make this event. If the above suggestion is possible, I'm in there for sure.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

..... And not to stir it up to much..... But lots of guys have a problem with the Qual. points...... And running that system indoors doesn't make much sense to me but then again, I hate qual. points..... period...... One format that was suggested was 2 qualifiers on Sat. and 2 rounds on Sunday leading to the Mains...... We could have a killer control practice on Sat. and complete 2 rounds of qualifing and get out of there with plenty of night life....... Come Sunday, 2 hours of control practice, maybe 8-10am and start around 10am and run 2 rounds of qualifing followed by Mains and everyone gets a chance to get it in there..... I'm off this weekend and willing to give up my Race Program to run a straight forward Championship......

Again, I see the big picture for this Event!!

Just a suggestion.....
I know the triple a main format is popular, but the offroad track does double a with the time tie breaker to keep the time manageable, just another option.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I pay the entry on Fri/Sat? Still up in the air about making the race
Old 12-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gazza View Post
Can I pay the entry on Fri/Sat? Still up in the air about making the race
I'm pretty sure you can it was posted somewhere.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default OMG

Looking forward to this...
i for one cant make the birds (whole week is way too long)...couldn't make Cleveland.

and to race for $40 bucks for two days. No negatives for me. Period

I personally don't care how they score it....qual ...etc...pick it for me.

It comes down to I will get more track time in one weekend than a whole season....That is a BIG AWESOME.

Ps. wife told me to get the hell out of the house this weekend...I got it like that
on the other hand girlfriend wanted me to stay over... :P
i love competing for family time.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Same boat here most likely going to race can I pay Friday
Old 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Donny Lia View Post
I could see not wanting to deviate off of qual points, or shorten the program a day, as I'd call those major changes. But not even acknowledging simply moving a single round from one day to another, don't see the logic in that.
+1

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service