Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J. >

1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J.

1/5TH 1/8TH Chat at Wagner Park, Williamstown N.J.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ray Murray
Also, Linda if you read this, Tony Ellis said you had a couple of guys at your store with 1/5th scales looking for someplace to bash/race....If you can get their contact info, please send it to me....DAY-O!!!!
Had one Guy in and we referred him to your Test and Tune Day. But believe me this was NOT a Race Car. 100% Plastic F1 car including Plastic Wheels and Tires.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Whosold
Had one Guy in and we referred him to your Test and Tune Day. But believe me this was NOT a Race Car. 100% Plastic F1 car including Plastic Wheels and Tires.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Ray, Sorry I could not make it last sunday for the test of 1/5 and 1/8 at your track. I hope next season we could run some 1/8 there I would be willing to help organize the area 1/8 racers. It would be great to be back were it all started for me.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by marcosmecha
Hi Ray,

Put a link of the video for the NY guys to watch and my contact (eventually others) seems to be very interested in visiting us during the racing season next year.
I think that it is very good news....
Could be promising
Old 11-11-2013, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

I'm interested in 1:5 scale gasoline myself (raced 1:4 scale at Wagner back in the day),but have a few hobbies already and wish to stable only (we've ALL made this statement...right,LOL) one class for 1:5 scale. Am I on the right track with my wanting to build a Formula car? I would like to build a car for the dominant class.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To my knowledge there are 3 touring and 2 Formula that race at Wagner. In my opinion the future looks promising for the class since another local track plans to run 1/5 next year. At the other track, it is a mix of touring and F1 cars.

Please ask any questions and I will be more than happy to answer what I can. ...

BTW, I have a second modified F1 car for sale that I would like to sell to a local person.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by passMeNdie
I'm interested in 1:5 scale gasoline myself (raced 1:4 scale at Wagner back in the day),but have a few hobbies already and wish to stable only (we've ALL made this statement...right,LOL) one class for 1:5 scale. Am I on the right track with my wanting to build a Formula car? I would like to build a car for the dominant class.
I have both but I am betting that if this gets going its going to be touring cars,just my two cents
Old 11-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robert Little
I have both but I am betting that if this gets going its going to be touring cars,just my two cents
Good to know...I was hoping for more participation than a couple of cars. Spread out over more than one class (other than STC and GT that could run together), but if nothing else the cost of these cars hampers a large number of hobbyist. 1/4 scale Grand National was the same thing as I caught the end of that program. I'm looking at a HARM 535mm car now, and wish these cars could be configured to both Touring car and GT1-2 wheelbases to adjust to the dominate class easily. I would think the GT cars should do better on a tighter course such as Wagner?
Old 11-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Good to know...I was hoping for more participation than a couple of cars. Spread out over more than one class (other than STC and GT that could run together), but if nothing else the cost of these cars hampers a large number of hobbyist. 1/4 scale Grand National was the same thing as I caught the end of that program. I'm looking at a HARM 535mm car now, and wish these cars could be configured to both Touring car and GT1-2 wheelbases to adjust to the dominate class easily. I would think the GT cars should do better on a tighter course such as Wagner?
The exact reason for this thread....to see how much interest over the winter to see how this could pan out....I know we had a 1/10 racer stop down and checked it out....He said he might be in too...If anyone else reading this has an interest in this class, please post....
Old 11-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Tech Adept

the Harm is a nice car,one of the other fellows has one
as Ray said we are trying to get as many people out there so others can see it works and is fun,unfortunately money is a problem for a lot of people in a class this size but there are cars on ebay and forums that are affordable if people see it works,thanks to Ray for putting his time to try and get this started
Old 11-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robert Little
the Harm is a nice car,one of the other fellows has one
as Ray said we are trying to get as many people out there so others can see it works and is fun,unfortunately money is a problem for a lot of people in a class this size but there are cars on ebay and forums that are affordable if people see it works,thanks to Ray for putting his time to try and get this started
Someone tell Ron B. to wash the smell of nitro out of his nose, and get back into some gasoline R/C and his youthfulness (well more youthful than he is now anyway,LOL) 5 scale... bigger wheels=bigger fun!
NOTE; look at my avatar.. it's a World Formula powered bar Stool Racer (with custom wagon) that I'll trade for 1/5 scale stuff.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Two cars, maybe (3) will be there on Sunday if the weather holds.

Anyone interested in 1/5 scale should comeout.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Someone tell Ron B. to wash the smell of nitro out of his nose, and get back into some gasoline R/C and his youthfulness (well more youthful than he is now anyway,LOL) 5 scale... bigger wheels=bigger fun!
NOTE; look at my avatar.. it's a World Formula powered bar Stool Racer (with custom wagon) that I'll trade for 1/5 scale stuff.
When it grows to a B main give me a Shout.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Whosold
When it grows to a B main give me a Shout.
Oh come now... even at YOUR age you'll be an "A mainer"

Where's my wheel.......
Old 11-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Oh come now... even at YOUR age you'll be an "A mainer"

Where's my wheel.......
Exactly but I want to work for that A not given to me cause there's no one there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.