Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Rt. 281 Raceway's Father's Day Clash - June 15th, 2013 (Friedens, PA) >

Rt. 281 Raceway's Father's Day Clash - June 15th, 2013 (Friedens, PA)

Rt. 281 Raceway's Father's Day Clash - June 15th, 2013 (Friedens, PA)

Old 06-06-2013, 04:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kross View Post
so we can run more than 1 class but we have to pick the class we want to use points from
Exactly, but before we enter 1st main, you must chose which of the, say 2 of the classes you signed up for, one will be for points only & the other class will be for just racing with others. So choose wisely

You can make what class decision you want for points after race day practice. Maybe you like how one vehicle is handling that day than the other? Maybe it's a gut feeling? Maybe it's the competition? It's your call & no Ken, you're not allowed to run Sportsman

Please still email Tyler @ rt281raceway.com, your class(s) & your partner's class(s), so he can try to be ahead of the game. Don't want him overwhelmed We can even keep everyone's point class secret? So if a multiple class is run, others won't know if your going for points or just getting in the way

EVERYONE: Please come out & just have a GOOD TIME with friends, family &
make new friends. I'll try my best to fill your stomachs with food! This most likely will be the hardest task of the day
Old 06-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sportin' Wood View Post
Exactly, but before we enter 1st main, you must chose which of the, say 2 of the classes you signed up for, one will be for points only & the other class will be for just racing with others. So choose wisely

You can make what class decision you want for points after race day practice. Maybe you like how one vehicle is handling that day than the other? Maybe it's a gut feeling? Maybe it's the competition? It's your call & no Ken, you're not allowed to run Sportsman

Please still email Tyler @ rt281raceway.com, your class(s) & your partner's class(s), so he can try to be ahead of the game. Don't want him overwhelmed We can even keep everyone's point class secret? So if a multiple class is run, others won't know if your going for points or just getting in the way

EVERYONE: Please come out & just have a GOOD TIME with friends, family &
make new friends. I'll try my best to fill your stomachs with food! This most likely will be the hardest task of the day
thats no fun i would like to try sportman at least once you better be on the track running to eric
Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Adept

hope and pray theres no rain
Old 06-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Signed up to run Escale and 4wd corr. Will be our first time there and we are looking forward to it. What tires work for both classes?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I know you don't want to put up a list of who's signed up but could you put up a list of how many entrants there are for each class?

The reason for my question is the 5 car min for a class and my desire to run the wheeler and not the 2WD SCT in addition to 2WD buggy.

I assume eBuggy, Truggy and the two SCT classes will be a go for sure but last week we were right at 5 for 2wd and 4wd buggy right?

I've got an eBuggy coming but won't be up and running just yet for Father's Day and I'm not as pumped on SCT anymore. Eh.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
I know you don't want to put up a list of who's signed up but could you put up a list of how many entrants there are for each class?

The reason for my question is the 5 car min for a class and my desire to run the wheeler and not the 2WD SCT in addition to 2WD buggy.

I assume eBuggy, Truggy and the two SCT classes will be a go for sure but last week we were right at 5 for 2wd and 4wd buggy right?

I've got an eBuggy coming but won't be up and running just yet for Father's Day and I'm not as pumped on SCT anymore. Eh.
should have no prob. making a class for both
Old 06-11-2013, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Ok count me in for 2wd and 4wd buggy. Pretty sure I need a buddy if I'm in the running for anything, can't seem to convince Sebastian he should race with his dad for Father's Day.

I wonder if I could talk my dad into it...he's never run an RC car before...wouldn't be much different than Sebastian. LOL
Old 06-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper View Post
Ok count me in for 2wd and 4wd buggy. Pretty sure I need a buddy if I'm in the running for anything, can't seem to convince Sebastian he should race with his dad for Father's Day.

I wonder if I could talk my dad into it...he's never run an RC car before...wouldn't be much different than Sebastian. LOL
In the end this race is about having fun.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

If you haven't signed up yet and are planning on attending the "Father's Day Clash", you can do so now at http://rt281raceway.com/

Simply fill out the form accordingly and submit.

This will help us save time, and allows us to gauge interest and provide accordingly for food, etc.

Thank you!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Mod buggy?

Is this track good for 2wd buggy or is it more of an 1\8 track?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cole raceway View Post
Is this track good for 2wd buggy or is it more of an 1\8 track?
We have been running 2WD Buggy on a regular basis at club races and they have been doing fine.

There will be a new layout in place for this race that will be 2WD Buggy friendly as well. We have also been running 4WD 1/10 buggy here.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:53 PM
OSR
Tech Fanatic

Default Saturday

Sounds like myself, J-mack, C-mack, E-mack, and possibly a few others will be attending Saturday
Old 06-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Are flashlight killers allowed? I.e. nitro.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSR View Post
Sounds like myself, J-mack, C-mack, E-mack, and possibly a few others will be attending Saturday
We look forward to having you guys!

Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
Are flashlight killers allowed? I.e. nitro.
I see no issues. There will be 3x races (All main format) this day @ 6 minutes each so if anything you will run with the electric. Pitting shouldn't be an issue then.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Who's ready for the Father's Day Clash tomorrow?! The weather is going to be beautiful. Some awesome layout changes are being finished today. Expect some great racing!

Track will be prepped for practice at 11:30AM.

Track opens for practice at 12 noon. Up to this point, no one on the track on the new layout.

Practice is closed at 2:30 for prep for racing.

Racing begins at 3 PM.

Please email [email protected] or PM me on here if you have any questions at all.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service