Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
CRC Pro Series June 7-9, 2013, Rome, NY -TLR's Billy Fischer CONFIRMED! >

CRC Pro Series June 7-9, 2013, Rome, NY -TLR's Billy Fischer CONFIRMED!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CRC Pro Series June 7-9, 2013, Rome, NY -TLR's Billy Fischer CONFIRMED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW! The 2013 Pro Series Race at CRC Raceway in Rome, NY is in the books and it was one for the records.

An amazing 225 entries on a weekend with questionable weather. We lost Friday practice day to record rainfall on both Thursday and Friday. In fact, on Thursday, central NY area set a new record for rainfall in the area, doubling the old record. Despite that, the track drained very well and on Saturday we had 4 rounds of qual-point qualifying on a cloudy but dry day. Sunday afternoon was bright and sunny for a day a full-length main events. We finished a little before 5PM on Sunday. Just an awesome weekend.

A ton of killer competition from all over the Northeast with a big group of fast Canadians from both Ontario and Quebec. Of course, Arizona TLR team driver Billy Fischer was also in the house and did win 1/8th scale Buggy, Truggy and E-buggy.

Lots of Nitro cars, 1/8th E-buggy and truggys as well as a ton of 2wd and 4wd Short Course Trucks. We also had a full heat of Stadium trucks.

2013 CRC Pro Series Results

A quick thanks to all the people that help make this happen. A shout out to K+D Action Photography for the awesome aerial photo. But most of all, a special thanks to all 220+ racers for the confidence and support knowing if mother nature gave us a chance, we could put on a good show. We hope to see you all later this year for our other big events and next year for our 9th Annual Pro Series event.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What a great race weekend, after seeing the track after the rains Friday I didn’t think this race was going to happen. With the chance of showers forecasted for the Saturday I almost made the decision Friday evening to cut my losses and make the 4 hour trip back home.
I am so glad I didn’t, possibly one of the best weekends of racing I have experienced yet. The CRC crew really knows how to get it done. With the large turnout the crew got us a few hours of practice, 4 rounds of qualifying and all the mains done and over with by 5pm Sunday.
The track was awesome, the crew was awesome and so was the onsite pizza!! Will definitely make this race and other trophy races at CRC tops on my list.
Thanks for your hard work this past weekend, see you at the next one.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Chuck Nasty had a great time at this race. To all those who stayed home, You missed out on an unreal race!

Thank You CRC!!