Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Who is your personal greatest North American TCS racer of all time? >

Who is your personal greatest North American TCS racer of all time?

Who is your personal greatest North American TCS racer of all time?

Old 03-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Found this old thread, any updates, or current opinions?
Old 03-06-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
How's it going folks?

Here's something fun to talk about. Who is your personal greatest North Ameican TCS racer of all time?. It can be a TCS national or world champion or somone who is an inspiration to you. Post your thoughts now!

Mark Pavidis "The Best Around Racer"
Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

robert itoh. since he won Tamiya Worlds. the story goes that he bought a new (TA03 i think? ) car the night before, built it, and won the whole thing.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

My personal greatest TCS racer is me...
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

There are alot of great drivers out there. From the champions side, I would go with Dave Berger. He is fast no matter what he races. The suprise might come from the current drivers.Actually he started this thread, yep Lee Passehl. If you think of the # of regional wins and podiums at the Nats, his record is very impressive. I had the pleasure of marshalling the GT2 A main this weekend at Trackside, and Lee didnt disappoint, he was in a different league altogether. If you think its a cop out, look at his record and tell me he isnt one of the greats.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Thanks Brad for saying i'm up there with all the TCS national champions and World Chamnpions! That's very kind of you.

I know there are great's Like Dave Berger, David Beale, Rod Canare. And Even TCS World Champions Robert Itoh, And Raymond Flores.

But i believe ther is one North American TCS racer that truly deserves to called greatest North American TCS racer of all time.

Paul Lemieux

Now you may be gripping like saying "oh you're saying that cause you're a cheesehead" or "Dude.. he didn't win the Tamiya Worlds, let alone the Tamiya Nationals" But there has been so much he has done outside the World of Tamiya. Paul L basically is a Multiple Norrca, Novak, Cleveland and Snowbirds titles. He's Also Done well in Off Road races and has beaten NASCAR champion Tony Steward In his southern homeland of dirt oval races a few times. and he will be racing at Homestead Miami in thier famous RC race But the most important accomplishment he has done is make the podium at the IFMAR World Championships. not only is he the first and only TCS North American racer to make the podium but the only north american to make the podium. What other TCS NA racer or NA racer has done that?

I'm not saying to be mean but Could Robert Itoh race a modified foam car as well as Paul? Could Rod Canare actually beat a Nextel Cup Champion in the south on dirt oval? Could Raymod Flores have made the A-Main or even make the Podium at the IFMAR worlds in a far away country?

Paul has done so much more after TCS that most USA and Canada racers including me in his life than most would do in 60 years. Saying that he's not the greatest NA TCS racer becuase he didn't win the Nationals, go to Japan , or win the world's, would be totally unfair. Not to mention unrealistic. The Tamiya Worlds is a competive race, but it's nowhere nearly as competitve as the IFMAR worlds. and Paulie has done very well in it. if he wins The big race he will undoubtfully be the greatest NA TCS racer of all time. I have great respect for the driver. and he's reall down to earth. he is a great ambassador to the sport of RC racing. i know for sure he will win one day.

Thanks again Brad for being so kind. You really are a great guy! hope to see you again someday!
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
My personal greatest TCS racer is me...
They said racer not slacker ! _ - - _
Old 03-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester
Paul Lemieux

I have great respect for the driver. and he's real down to earth. he is a great ambassador to the sport of RC racing.
I could not agree more

I have witnessed this first hand. 2003 helping a kid during one of our bigger races at Trackside. He put his stuff down and went to the kids pit spot for about 10 minutes and helped him get ready for his race, then watched him during his qualifier to see if everything was alright.

The only reason I posted here is that I thought I would share a rare picture of Paul and Lee from the early TCS days.

Boomer

Last edited by Big Daddy Boomer; 09-14-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Lee,
My pleasure,
You have earned it! If you are not at the top of the list, you are very close. I have had the pleasure of racing with you as well as watching you race. You and your dad are a class act through and through, and it is always one of the highlights of the trip to Scotty's to see you guys and hang out. Paul is also a very good choice, it was good to see him this weekend as well. It is funny that Boomer posted those pics, because that is the Paul that I remember, it was kind of weird seeing him with his son this past weekend, of course people probably think the same about me too when they see me with my daughter. Anyways, keep it up Lee you are only just getting started.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by KAHUNA
They said racer not slacker ! _ - - _
A TCS racer is bith... Right?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That is correct, Rich. A TCS racer is bith.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rccardr
That is correct, Rich. A TCS racer is bith.
I meant both... Too early in the morning to type...

And the stupid Italian Greyhound, Ziggy-Iggie, said it looked good to him....
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Last edited by Leester; 10-08-2009 at 09:15 AM.