Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com >

XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA www.xrcraceway.com

XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA www.xrcraceway.com

Old 01-10-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA www.xrcraceway.com

Okay ladies and gentlemen... it's 2013... and XRC Raceway is opening for its 11th consecutive season!

As always, we appreciated the support and feedback! Keep it coming in!

Changes for 2013:

* We have officially transitioned to RC Scoring Pro as our lap counting software.
* MyLaps decoder box has been upgraded to support the new RC4 transponders. This means MRT transponders will no longer function at XRC. Please make use of the trade-in offer at MyLaps.com to upgrade your MRT transponder to MyLaps.
* As we do every year, new track layout! Most elements are right in front of the driver's stand to make it easy to see.
* We have created a twitter account (@xrcraceway) as another communication method. The cool thing about XRC is that it can be configured to send instant notifications via SMS for tweets from certain users, so you can get up to the minute updates on track conditions.
* XRC can now take credit and debit cards at the track.

Finally, as many of you may already know, XRC will be hosting the ROAR Region 2 Mid-Atlantic Offroad Series on September 14 (raindate September 28). In addition to this, we will be hosting a few cash races as well as a 3-4 evening race points series with trophies for the winners.

Classes

1/8 Nitro Buggy
1/8 Nitro Truggy
1/8 Electric Buggy
1/10 4WD CORR Modified (Short Course)
1/10 2WD CORR Modified (Short Course)

Note on classes:

* Any class with 4 or more drivers, we will create the class: Monster Truck, 1/8 Electric Truggy, 2WD 17.5 SC, etc. Bring them out!
* We may choose to combine classes together based on turnout, but we will typically score the classes separately.

Entry Fees

Our entry fees have remain the same from last year:

First Class: $20
Subsequent Classes: $10

Family discount applies: For example, children (under 18) will race for subsequent class fee when parent pays for primary class.

2013 XRC Race Schedule

This is a tentative race schedule. Official schedule with up-to-date changes, please the XRCraceway.com Calendar.

ALL CLUB RACE DATES OPEN FOR SPONSORED RACES -- PLEASE PM FOR MORE INFO!

April 13 -- Opening Day
April 20 -- Opening Day Redo (Rain Date)
April 27 -- Club Race

May 4 -- Club Race
May 11 -- Mason-Dixon Series #2 -- CANCELLED
May 18 -- Club Race
May 25 -- Mason-Dixon Series #2 Makeup

June 1 -- Club Race
June 8 -- Track Closed / Rebuild Day
June 15 -- Club Race
June 29 -- Club Race

July 6 -- Rain Makeup Date
July 13 -- Club Race
July 20 -- Mason-Dixon Series #4
July 27 -- Club Race

August 3 -- Rain Makeup Date (Mason-Dixon Series #4 makeup)
August 10 -- Club Race
August 17 -- Club Race
August 24 -- Club Race
August 31 -- Club Race

September 7 -- ROAR Region 2 Points Finale (September 6 Practice day)
September 14 -- Mason-Dixon Series #5
September 21 -- Club Race
September 28 -- Club Race (or ROAR makeup date or Mason-Dixon Series make-up)

October 12 -- XRC/Hobby Hut Points Series Finale
October 19 -- Rain date (XRC/Hobby Hut Points Series makeup)
October 26 -- Club Race

All club race days open for sponsored races, TBA. Racing on makeup dates will be announced at least 1 week in advance, usually when a race is canceled due to weather. All race dates considered day races unless otherwise noted; night race schedule TBD.

Mason-Dixon Points Series

This year, XRC and Hobby Hut have agreed on a 6 race points series, 3 races at each track. A 7th race, to be held at XRC, will be the finale for the series where your points qualify you for the main events to be held on the 7th race (that means there are no qualifiers that 7th race, you are qualified based on your points standings in the series!)

April 21 -- Race #1 @ Hobby Hut
May 11 -- Race #2 @ XRC
July 7 -- Race #3 @ Hobby Hut
July 20 -- Race #4 @ XRC
Sept 14 -- Race #5 @ XRC
Sept 22 -- Race #6 @ Hobby Hut
Oct 12 -- Series Finale

XRC race dates posted on our calendar, will include Hobby Hut dates once I get them.

Rules, drops, etc. still TBD... will post when completed and in a new thread.

Last edited by XRC Raceway; 06-03-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Tech Rookie

On a sadder note, one of our area's racers and XRC regular Will Macauly was recently killed for reasons unknown while visiting his mother in Florida. XRC has been in contact with his family and would like everyone to know that his funeral will be held this Saturday, 1/12 at 1:30PM at St. Paul's Evangelical Church in Reamstown, PA. Several of us plan to attend. Address of the church is: 46 East Church Street Reamstown PA, 17567.

Thank you.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Subscribed.
See you Saturday Darren.

J Rod
Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Haven't raced here yet even though I live pretty close...looks like that will change this year. Love the mini-points series idea. Count me in!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

ooh twitter
Old 01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Latest update... learn how to earn free race entries this season!

Updates will be posted to Twitter first... so check it out and follow us @xrcraceway

Just a reminder, Twitter will be the way our racers can get up to the minute track conditions this season!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TWITTER

Awsome I like the new comm via twitter but dont forget about your website! I personally dont use twitter and wont be using twitter in the future. Its hard enough to follow all the other tracks via there web pages and I think XRC has one of the most updated and current web pages why not use it. Anyway its good to see XRC going again and I cant wait for another season there. I look forward for the new things in the works and Darren, Ray and Dave please let me know if you need help in track building!! Thanks for all the hard work!!! Jared Dockery

PS: RIP Willy Mac
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRC Raceway View Post
Latest update... learn how to earn free race entries this season!

Updates will be posted to Twitter first... so check it out and follow us @xrcraceway

Just a reminder, Twitter will be the way our racers can get up to the minute track conditions this season!
U rctech rookie... ...some of us will not tweet and feel its for the birds. Please keep your web page up to date, for us non-tweets See you this spring !
Old 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

sat under the lights why won't that work ????
Old 02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Twitter

I don't twitter.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ok, I'm just gonna come out and say it...

REAL MEN DON'T TWITTER!
We Play With RC Cars!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KingdomRacer View Post
Ok, I'm just gonna come out and say it...

REAL MEN DON'T TWITTER!
We Play With RC Cars!
amen to that, we dont facebook either. I dont understand why you come on to the tech and tell us to look somewhere else for up to the date info. Why not just come on here and post it. Set a time, Guys on race days( I will post track conditions at ??? time). Man that was hard.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No one is forcing anyone to use Twitter. The track will be using Twitter as a communication tool because it can provide more instantaneous updates. If you don't want to use Twitter, that's fine (and understandable).

Keep in mind you don't need a Twitter account to see the track's posts to twitter.

It is also counter-productive to make insulting comments about the use of Twitter as a communications tool. Just because you don't use soap, doesn't mean other people shouldn't.

Schedule should be completed this week and posted on xrcraceway.com. We are finalizing the schedule with a 6 race points series with Hobby Hut (3 at XRC / 3 at Hobby Hut) with a series final race #7 at XRC. Details will be available soon.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kuruption View Post
No one is forcing anyone to use Twitter. The track will be using Twitter as a communication tool because it can provide more instantaneous updates. If you don't want to use Twitter, that's fine (and understandable).

Keep in mind you don't need a Twitter account to see the track's posts to twitter.

It is also counter-productive to make insulting comments about the use of Twitter as a communications tool. Just because you don't use soap, doesn't mean other people shouldn't.

Schedule should be completed this week and posted on xrcraceway.com. We are finalizing the schedule with a 6 race points series with Hobby Hut (3 at XRC / 3 at Hobby Hut) with a series final race #7 at XRC. Details will be available soon.
Well if nobody uses soap then being a soap saleman is pointless. there is 13 total post on this thread right now and 5 dont use twitter. thats just under 50% and sound like your not listening to the communication tool here. Ive been to your track its great the stand great the people are great, the program great. Jason did the same thing with facebook for the Reg2, But still post on the tech for every event. Thats double the work, dont you have enough to do with setting up races, keep the track together and god knows what else. If you feel this is the best way to spend your extra time then power on brother, I am just glad theres tracks to race at. And Iam not trying to step on toes or hurt feelings but you put it out there so I quessed you wanted to know people thoughts.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't use soap or twitter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.