Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com >

XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA www.xrcraceway.com

XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA www.xrcraceway.com

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

over the past 2-3 years i have raced 600cc micro sprints in pa as well as vintage road racing and we didnt have a choice for transponder and had to purchase $300.00 transponder from amb to race.

just food for thougt, let's get back to racing discussion.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kuruption
I'm trying to be as nice about it as possible.

I understand the frustration... this type of stuff is not good for the industry. For the competitive racer, most of us have MyLaps transponders... for the casual, weekend racer, this is a big deal for them... particularly those on a budget. What benefit does it serve for force these budget-constrained individuals into buying MyLaps transponders? The only answer I can think of is the benefit of MyLaps.

MyLaps wants to retain their monopolistic control over the timing industry, and this is just another way for them to do it. MyLaps makes most of their money selling transponders, so any option to not buy a MyLaps transponder is direct, lost revenue for them.
Okay Rolex Ray keep talking , my laps puppet when an if you can remove the hand from your posterior and come to the realization that your one of the few that doesn't have kids or bringing any new blood the hobby but soon you can have your dream of being # 1 racing your self, DON'T THINK YOU'LL NEVER SEE me again ROLEX RAY! !!!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRADLER
You sure have away of giving a back handed compliment. Its like you know us all personaly. I as a competitive racer have mylaps in all of my cars, however my kids don't. Now I know your thinking I was just out to save a few bucks. But quess what YOUR wrong. Mylaps was in the middle of buying amb and there were no transponders. And how come you deffend mylaps and corp American making a few extra dollars but prosecute us for buying somthing with all the same and more features.
I wasn't giving a compliment, backhanded or otherwise.

I don't know where you get this idea that I am defending MyLaps here... I am simply stating what MyLaps is doing -- protecting their brand. I also don't know where "corporate America" comes into play. MyLaps and MRT are both European companies (and for the record, so is Rolex).

Finally, I don't know why you take such an aggressive tone, almost as if I insulted you somehow? If so, I apologize... was not my intent to insult anyone.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Louis Thomas
Okay Rolex Ray keep talking , my laps puppet when an if you can remove the hand from your posterior and come to the realization that your one of the few that doesn't have kids or bringing any new blood the hobby but soon you can have your dream of being # 1 racing your self, DON'T THINK YOU'LL NEVER SEE me again ROLEX RAY! !!!
Louis, come on man... I really don't think we want to revert to name calling, do we?

And unfortunately, I have not yet had the opportunity to become a father as of yet, so you're right, I have not brought my kids racing.

But as far as my contributions to the hobby, I don't need to defend my "record" but let's just say I have volunteered both time and money into the construction, maintenance and running of more tracks than you have probably had the opportunity to race.

Are you even aware that the XRC crew (including myself) was the group of guys that VOLUNTEERED to take 3 days off of work this month to spend a long ass weekend in Harrisburg building and maintaining the track for Motorama? Probably not... but let's just say, I didn't NEED to do that (none of us did), but I did it because I not only enjoy the hobby, but I wanted to do ANYTHING in my power to ensure racers had a BETTER Motorama experience than they did last year. Oh and not the mention all of the spectators who continue to enjoy the Motorama R/C program year after year.

So when you want to accuse me of not contributing to the hobby because I point out that MRT users tend to buy those transponders to save money, you should check yourself.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Unfortunately, MyLaps is the one monopoly we have to deal with here -- there are no good viable alternatives, especially for a track that has already put out several thousand dollars to originally purchase the original AMB systems.

Any track that chooses to keep the status quo is doing themselves a disservice in 3-4 years when most racers will have transitioned over to the new RC4 transponders that they will be unable to support... they are essentially putting themselves out of business. The same group of guys complaining now about MRTs will be complaining in 4 years about not going to a track because they don't support RC4s.

Strictly from my point of view -- I know several people with MRTs, but let's be honest -- you bought MRTs to save yourself $35-40 knowing that they were "clones" and essentially in the same category as the Rolex watches you could buy on the average NYC street corner. You took a gamble on them, and they may have worked for a few seasons without any issue, but just like Rolex spends a LOT of time defending its brand, you know MyLaps is going to try to do the same, and if Rolex could, they would "il-legitimize" (is that even a word?) every fake Rolex out there.

Yea i mean im looking at it this way also that even if you need to buy a RC4 transponer because your running a MRT Transponer. You only need to buy one or two for your truck or buggy one time and will last for a long time ! So really its a pay once kind of thing.

I agree also that if your buying the MRT the clone AMB than you are trying to save money nothing wrong with that just saying though.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs down King of RC

Louis, come on man... I really don't think we want to revert to name calling, do we?

And unfortunately, I have not yet had the opportunity to become a father as of yet, so you're right, I have not brought my kids racing.

But as far as my contributions to the hobby, I don't need to defend my "record" but let's just say I have volunteered both time and money into the construction, maintenance and running of more tracks than you have probably had the opportunity to race.

Are you even aware that the XRC crew (including myself) was the group of guys that VOLUNTEERED to take 3 days off of work this month to spend a long ass weekend in Harrisburg building and maintaining the track for Motorama? Probably not... but let's just say, I didn't NEED to do that (none of us did), but I did it because I not only enjoy the hobby, but I wanted to do ANYTHING in my power to ensure racers had a BETTER Motorama experience than they did last year. Oh and not the mention all of the spectators who continue to enjoy the Motorama R/C program year after year.

So when you want to accuse me of not contributing to the hobby because I point out that MRT users tend to buy those transponders to save money, you should check yourself.
See you at the track Rolex!!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Louis Thomas
See you at the track Rolex!!
WHERE'S MY DOUGHNUT!
Attached Thumbnails XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com-my-doughnut.jpg  
Old 03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW DONT KNOW IF I EVER READ SUCH AN IGNORANT COMMENT MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE A HAND!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default "Rolex Ray"

Ray might seem like an ass sometimes but it's usually because he's just being truthful.

* emphasis on the "usually" part!

Have fun racing guys; there are greater hardships in life than having to buy an overpriced little red piece of plastic to race competitively.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mar34r
WOW DONT KNOW IF I EVER READ SUCH AN IGNORANT COMMENT MAYBE YOU SHOULD GIVE A HAND!!!!!!!!!!!
Have been...the last few years...moved many many tons of dirt for them. And if Ray did not think he is the...GOD of rc...his way or no way...we would not need to be...so IGNORANT.

Me putting endless hours at the track...Last year!...and the year before...and the year before that....
Attached Thumbnails XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com-track.jpg   XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com-track-2.jpg   XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com-track-3.jpg   XRC Raceway 2013 Offroad Season Quarryville PA  www.xrcraceway.com-track-4.jpg  
Old 03-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Man I'm moving to Pa for work and looking for a track, do I have to bring this much drama when I come. See you guys in April!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

For the record, Carl has been helping out at XRC for the last couple years and his help has been greatly appreciated. I personally don't understand Carl's frustrations, mostly because he has never said anything to me.

As far as "my way is the only way" comment, let me just recall a conversation Carl and I had last year while building the track (not verbatim)

Me: We should put a single/lander after the big table top in the back to make a landing for the cars who can sky the big jump.
Carl: No, don't do that because I'll crash into it and break my car.

Decision? We didn't put the lander in. My way or no way? Really?

All I heard all season from every other racer was, "man the 8th scales can really sky that big jump in the back... you should put a lander down farther out so they aren't casing it on the landing all the time." The ebuggies could land 40' beyond the downside of the tabletop... the nitros at least 20'.

There was a similar discussion also about the step up step off in the top-left corner -- also not done "my way" but hey, you don't see me making 3rd grade comments and acting passive aggressive on rctech about it.

By the way, everything that I had offered and suggested was just as welcomed as anyone else's suggestions... even Carl's... and obviously even Carl's suggestions were implemented.

Darren rule as long as I've been going to XRC has been from the beginning that anyone who shows up to help build the track has input into its construction... and, yes, I have used the opportunity to put in elements I like to see in an offroad track, and so have others.

At the same time and at the end of the day, it's not my money on the line (or yours) -- it's Darren's and Dave's, so they have the final decision on anything that is done at the track. So it's hardly "my way or no way"... if anything, it's Darren's way or no way... and luckily for us, we have a track owner who allows racers to have input year to year in the track design.

So again, I would encourage anyone who wants to have input into the layout to come help out when we post work days, and yes, you will get input into the construction and elements on the track.

As far as the random 3rd grade comments, they are totally unbecoming of a man who is at least as old as I am.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GMS_Racing
Man I'm moving to Pa for work and looking for a track, do I have to bring this much drama when I come. See you guys in April!
LOL it always helps... j/k of course.

Usually pretty laid back at the track, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Don't look so negatively at what is said online, I think people are just venting their frustrations, which is fine, but it's always better done in more constructive ways.

Hope to see you out there. Should be a fun season.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The drama at this time of year comes from winter hibernation and insufficient nitro fumes to keep us satisfied. It's quite normal on outdoor activitiy forums from fishing to rc racing where the natives get restless on the arrival of spring.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

For the record, Carl has been helping out at XRC for the last couple years and his help has been greatly appreciated. I personally don't understand Carl's frustrations, mostly because he has never said anything to me.

As far as "my way is the only way" comment, let me just recall a conversation Carl and I had last year while building the track (not verbatim)

Me: We should put a single/lander after the big table top in the back to make a landing for the cars who can sky the big jump.
Carl: No, don't do that because I'll crash into it and break my car.

Decision? We didn't put the lander in. My way or no way? Really?

All I heard all season from every other racer was, "man the 8th scales can really sky that big jump in the back... you should put a lander down farther out so they aren't casing it on the landing all the time." The ebuggies could land 40' beyond the downside of the tabletop... the nitros at least 20'.

There was a similar discussion also about the step up step off in the top-left corner -- also not done "my way" but hey, you don't see me making 3rd grade comments and acting passive aggressive on rctech about it.

By the way, everything that I had offered and suggested was just as welcomed as anyone else's suggestions... even Carl's... and obviously even Carl's suggestions were implemented.

Darren rule as long as I've been going to XRC has been from the beginning that anyone who shows up to help build the track has input into its construction... and, yes, I have used the opportunity to put in elements I like to see in an offroad track, and so have others.

At the same time and at the end of the day, it's not my money on the line (or yours) -- it's Darren's and Dave's, so they have the final decision on anything that is done at the track. So it's hardly "my way or no way"... if anything, it's Darren's way or no way... and luckily for us, we have a track owner who allows racers to have input year to year in the track design.

So again, I would encourage anyone who wants to have input into the layout to come help out when we post work days, and yes, you will get input into the construction and elements on the track.

As far as the random 3rd grade comments, they are totally unbecoming of a man who is at least as old as I am.
wow...now i'm laughing...I said that BIG JUMP..."table top" jump was a waste of dirt, should have been a big double with a nice landing, you agreed...but some how got built as a "table top" with almost no landing, and racers would be breaking things left and right from landing flat. THANK GOD "Jay" a owner at the time understood my concern and extended the landing...by ten feet.
Then there's the step up turn in the back, it was fine till ...YOU... put that little jump in front. Jay, Dave "both owners" and I told YOU everybody would be nosing their rides right into the step up from that jump and breaking parts. Your comment was...hope they bring extra parts!....So while YOU and Darren went to go get pipe, Dave, Jay, and I, knocked down and slopped the step up so racers would not be breaking parts. And catching hell by doing so.
Then there's the triple and YOU wanted to left hook the landing area. Every time ...YOU... walked away we moved the pipe to the right...giving more room for the landing of the triple...and...YOU kept moving it back, AND CRIED ALL SUMMER of how DANGEROUS that spot was to turn marshal from guy's over shooting the landing from trying to clear the triple...well duh!
After watching YOU gunning the crap of your nitro motor, cursing up a storm then breaking your radio over your knee... I was thinking, who's this butt head...SORRY Ray...I really tried to ...like... YOU...but just seem to, so I'll just stay away...good luck with the track this year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.